01-28-13 10:43 PM
- 01-13-13 04:13 PM
If the design is considered "WAY too high" then I hope RIM/BlackBerry aren't thinking the same way...01-13-13 06:28 PM
- Other than have unrealistically thin bezels and less space under the keyboard, the Victory (and the justice) don't look a whole lot different from the X10 as we've seen it. I mean... They are like a little taller and have a bigger screen... but that's it.
Is that seriously all it takes to make one phone look like trash and another look like epic win ? Seriously... What the **** ? I guess we'd all like a bigger screen in the same space, but sacrifices are made along the way. Particularly since RIM is working with bezel gestures, they gotta have something there to gesture with...
Personally I think the X10 (thus far) looks exactly how I imagined it, and in every important respect looks like it pretty much HAD to look. They've pushed the keyboard to take up as little vertical space as possible (hence not curved) while still retaining a seriously awesome keyboard. The space at the top is comparable to most modern devices. They have to put a speaker, a camera, a light sensor, an LED, and god knows what else into that space you know. The Galaxy S3, iPhone 5 and such all have about the same space. So with those two things in mind, the screen has been pushed to being as big as it realistically can be. You have X vertical space, and Y horizontal space, so the screen can only be X by Y big. The horizontal bezels on the X10 screen don't look that much bigger than on the Galaxy or iPhone either. No-one is yes making phones with bezels as small as the TK phones showed. And since RIM wants active bezels, they weren't going to be the ones to start it.
Basically... What the **** were you expecting ?01-13-13 06:56 PMLike 4
- we'll see at launch...as i remember : everybody was talking about the ugly l-series(nowz10). But i was clear these where just dev phones.
So i guess and i believe that those n series are not the real deal!
No panic ! they made a beatifull z10 (i think and as i read a lot of people do) so why would they mess up with an ugly N-serie ?
Every sign about the total concept is there , working late , bb link , nice looking z10 , really good work with dev's....
So i do believe that they will deliver an awesome N-series..
BB on top !01-14-13 07:42 AM
- 01-14-13 08:41 AMLike 3
- I have NEVER bought a phone based on looks alone. It could well be the sexiest piece of kit in existence but if it doesn't work then it doesn't, well, work. I'd rather a company concentrate on the KB's tactile response and the OS over looks and style. I'd rather have a phone that sits comfortably in my hand than one that I have to keep moving due to sharp corners and a back that's too flat. Give me that ugly POS any day over a fancy, styled, ego driven purchase.
Anyone remember the Pontiac Solstice?01-14-13 08:54 AM
- Anyone can render a design when you don't have to worry about what's in side for electronic placement of parts. In essence it's only a shell and means nothing. In the real world height, width, etc MATTER. It's a rendered model and nothing more.01-14-13 12:49 PM
- 01-14-13 03:00 PM
- 01-14-13 06:16 PM
- 01-14-13 06:25 PM
- I get that RIM is going for the enterprise market/more business but then why complain when consumers don't want it?
The tk victory on looks alone would have made every Isheep go to a pawnshop and then run to wherever they could find it.
Instead, we have this ugly POS that looks like a bold 9900 but with a back that looks like an old lady's back done in vinyl.
Rim better surprise me, I'm looking towards the Z10 otherwise just waiting until I can't tolerate the 9810's slowness anymore and will probably grab the Xperia Z or if long enough an Intel Soc phone if they catch up to ARM.
Sony seems to be coming back as the 'sexy'. They were like that many years ago, around the time RIM was too, maybe things come together?
2. The device you are talking about, was never Rim's device, it was a concept by a fan. The autoshow is in full swing here in the D, and for the sake of comparison I will bring up The Homer!
As you can see, the Stingray Corvette looks nothing like that car, why, because GM never thought up The Homer.
Anyway 3. The whole point of BB is functionality, substance over style. Things have to work and feel amazing, more so than look it. If you want a huge touch screen, go for the, I dunno...what's it called, full touch device? If you want to use a near flawless keyboard, that like a good belt or dress shoe, seems to become better over a few years, get the new bold aka N series. Would 7 extra mm of screen real estate make a difference? Would you care, if the phone isn't properly balanced in your hand or if the keyboard is cramped in anyway?
4. As stated multiple times, you have yet to see the final device, and if it was, you didn't see it in real life nor high resolution. Also, the back is the most useless part of a phone visually. I could show you the back of a handful of phones and you probably couldn't tell them apart. What you really should talk about is; ease of taking out SIM/micro sd card/battery, sturdiness of the back, durability of the phone, (BB's are engineered like cars, the "crumple zone" is the back, leaving the main parts safe) the grip (the iphone is a great example of style (glass backing) over substance (how do I hold or set this phone down without it sliding)
5. And yes, things are coming together, in fact, they have been doing just that for over a year. So, I am sure with time you will be amazed personally.01-14-13 07:45 PMLike 3
- I was a big fan of the TK Justice I must say.
At any rate, didn't someone say there were going to be "at least six" BB10 devices coming? If you want a qwerty and the new school Bold doesn't cut it there will surely, out of six plus, be more than just this one with a keyboard and a design that you could manage to be satisfied with, though some are never satisfied and even God let alone RIM won't be overcoming that issue anytime soon.01-14-13 07:46 PM
- The issues with the design would negatively impact the balance and thus the typing on that device, which would seem to be a cardinal sin for a qwerty device because anyone who has willingly accepted the compromise of a smaller screen for the physical keyboard are unlikely to be overly happy if that typing experience is harmed just for the sake of a few more mm of screen.
how would balance even come in to play here?01-14-13 08:40 PM
- 01-15-13 05:37 AM
- Ok, seriously, let's stop this now. I'm a BB person out of necessity for the QWERTY, but this idea that "iSheep" would run to get a BB10... IT'S NOT HAPPENING!! First off, this whole "iSheep" thing is juvenile, for one. Why people bother wasting their time with the name calling is beyond me. Why should ANYONE begrudge someone of what they like, as far as a device is concerned? And for anyone who will say, "oh, I can't stand people who use iPhones, cause they're snobs, and think their ****'s the best." And why SHOULDN'T they? The iPhone is pretty much the STANDARD phone, that gets all the top apps and such, before any other platform. Those that own iPhones have the right to boast, because iOS WORKS. And second, iPhone users could honestly give 2 ****s about BB, or Android, for that matter, seriously. Get it through your heads, people. iOS is THE proven OS at this point, not to mention that Apple has its own FULLY INTEGRATED ecosystem. BB can't even boast that, at this point. And even in that respect, Android has them beat, as well. So, until BB can step up to the proverbial plate and hit a granny out of the park, everyone should shut up. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be excited, but tone it down. And NO, I'm not a so-called "iSheep", either. I'm just a realistic and adult consumer, looking to get the best phone that fits my needs, regardless of what Apple or Android does.
Last edited by girl_Interrupted513; 01-15-13 at 09:53 PM.01-15-13 07:29 PM
The balance is just fine with the phone open. I think the TK justice would have been just fine. The thing is too big though to be the "N series/X10"01-15-13 08:42 PM
- 01-16-13 01:07 AM
- 01-16-13 05:29 AM
- By Bobert_123 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9790Replies: 4Last Post: 06-11-12, 10:25 AM
- By Juan07 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 113Last Post: 12-23-11, 08:49 AM
- By TXSkeets in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 56Last Post: 08-06-10, 11:31 AM
- By Archangel00195 in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 4Last Post: 10-12-09, 06:54 AM
- By DougFNJ in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 9Last Post: 07-10-09, 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD