When sending an e-mail from my g-mail account, I do not get a >>> sending icon, but rather a clock. This will appear anywhere from 30 seconds, to 3 minutes, and then the e-mail will finally go through. (These are messages with "Test" in them, nothing more, no attachments)

I'm on strong WiFi, and have tried over my carrier LTE with the same result.

What is the deal with these OS 10 devices no longer being able to handle what the phone's primary function is: SEND EMAIL!

Sigh.
    Don't forget that just because you have a strong wifi signal does mean you have available bandwidth to the Internet. I have found that Internet connection speed varies widely irrespective of wifi strength. On occasion, I have turned wifi off since 4G or LTE is often more reliable / faster.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:11 AM
    Don't forget that just because you have a strong wifi signal does mean you have available bandwidth to the Internet.

As anyone who has tried to use overcrowded public wifi hotspots can attest.

I had a client a couple days ago who was at the Atlanta airport and furious that he couldn't reliably download his email, most likely because the WiFi / general 2.4Ghz spectrum congestion there was probably so epic he's lucky anything worked. (He had just come back from a trip out of the country where he didn't bother to put a data roaming plan in place before leaving, so when he hit >$1000 in data roaming charges, Verizon shut off his cellular data card. Otherwise he probably would have been blissfully ignorant of the ****-poor state of over-congested WiFi at busy airports)
    QuantumQnx likes this.
    08-15-13 07:34 AM
    Hi,

I am also having the problem with the "clock" icon, and I have noticed that it happens after I get walking and (obviously) switching from mobile internet to wifi and viceversa. It's like the mail app
    gets hung on the previous active internet connection.

The only solution I have right now is to go for 10 seconds to flight mode, and then when restoring normal mode, it working good again until 2 ~ 3 mobile internet <=> wifi switching.

Cheers,
    Claudiu
    08-16-13 07:26 AM
    I must admit I would MUCH prefer the BIS service back for the email service.

It was also more firewall "friendly" to grant access from BB's servers, and not from ALL internet

Claudiu
    08-16-13 07:28 AM
    I love these threads. Haven't see one in a long time...
    Everyone these days are so utterly busy, so important...everyone is somebody...everyone is a boss....
    But all over the forums people are crying about their data plans, having to up it, having to pay more....
    People cry about $4 a gallon for gas in America, people complain about cigarettes being $5 in America.
    Nobody can spare 3 mins?
    Best response is post #2. its a phone.
    That important, pick up the phone....
    08-16-13 12:02 PM
    I love these threads. Haven't see one in a long time...
    Everyone these days are so utterly busy, so important...everyone is somebody...everyone is a boss....
    But all over the forums people are crying about their data plans, having to up it, having to pay more....
    People cry about $4 a gallon for gas in America, people complain about cigarettes being $5 in America.
    Nobody can spare 3 mins?
    Best response is post #2. its a phone.
    That important, pick up the phone....
    Thank you for your valuable contribution to this discussion. Very helpful...
    bobauckland likes this.
    08-16-13 12:28 PM
    I used to have to turn wifi off for a second in order to send, not since 10.1 MR though.

Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    08-16-13 12:31 PM
    Hi,

I am also having the problem with the "clock" icon, and I have noticed that it happens after I get walking and (obviously) switching from mobile internet to wifi and viceversa. It's like the mail app
    gets hung on the previous active internet connection.

The only solution I have right now is to go for 10 seconds to flight mode, and then when restoring normal mode, it working good again until 2 ~ 3 mobile internet <=> wifi switching.

Cheers,
    Claudiu
    Yup, this is pretty much what's happening with me. I've noticed that the phone won't send or receive messages after switching from mobile network to wifi; and the situation doesn't seem to correct itself for long periods of time. When switching the radios off and then on again, I will immediately receive a list of queued up messages from email accounts, twitter, linked in, etc. This strikes me as a significant weakness. Hope to see it corrected soon! I'm on a T-Mobile Q10 running 10.1.0.273
    08-21-13 09:25 AM
    Thank you for your valuable contribution to this discussion. Very helpful...
    Your welcome....but really?
    Someone is going to lose it because they can't wait for an email to send out within minutes.....give me a break.
    08-21-13 10:31 AM
    Some people have time-sensitive information and have relied on Blackberry's unopposed speed of sending/receiving emails...stock brokers, journalists...etc...etc...

People on threads like these need to stop freaking out at people when they say things like "I need instant e-mail delivery", or "my email is coming in 2-3 minutes late", and "my e-mail won't send for 2-3 minutes."

Jesus. If some users are saying this is an issue for them, then it's probably a function of why they need the e-mail delivery to be instantaneous, and not someone who is crying about not getting notifications quickly that their auction has ended on eBay.

Your welcome....but really?
    Someone is going to lose it because they can't wait for an email to send out within minutes.....give me a break.
    08-21-13 12:41 PM
    Just wanted to update that whatever was causing my email issues seems to have cleared itself up. Emails send rapidly and arrive within moments. Very pleased to not have issues anymore. Some of my emails sat for hours initially without sending.

I'm loving this phone, works better and better and I'm getting totally attuned to the OS. Impressed!

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    09-20-13 09:58 PM
86 ... 234