I love dat back cover, so sleek.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:50 AM
    Same. Disagree.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:51 AM
    I love the cover and keyboard compared to the 9900. +1 disagree
    06-10-13 09:58 AM
    the flat keyboard is actually easier for me because on the 99xx the keys would get smaller as you moved from out to in on the keyboard: thus providing a more cramped typing experience when using the inner keys vs the outer ones. on the q10 the experience is the same throughout and the flatter keyboard means less travel
    06-10-13 10:31 AM
    I find the backcover to be amazing.

Sent from my Q10
    RafiqK likes this.
    06-10-13 10:32 AM
    Joke?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:32 AM
    Coming from Curve 8900 on TMO. Really unhappy. Issues (so far...I keep discovering):
    - No wi-fi calling (this is really ticking me off)
    - No copy/paste in/from browser
    - When scrolling up, I frequently trigger the app screen
    - It takes multiple steps to set vibrate. Used to be hold down the # key
    - No more one-click dial and all the inefficiencies treating the phone as an app

I like the exclusivity that comes with having a BB, but the pain is excruciating. Seriously considering returning and getting the Galaxy Relay with TMO. I can't even use the sim card in my old phone for wi-fi calling, or this might be bearable.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:16 AM
    No way is it a downgrade this is a premium phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:21 AM
    How long have you had a Q10?

Out of the 3 things you listed, only the no home and back button tripped me up for the first few days. Now i'm flowing and flying!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:34 AM
    I am with the OP, and prefer the build of the 9930. It just _feels_ more substantial, I guess. I'm sure I'll love the form over time, but I would prefer the build to have more closely matched the 99xx.

Regarding the buttons, I'm willing to live without them in order to experience the new OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:39 AM
    - the back cover feels cheap
    - no more home button and back button
    - the flat keyboard isn't as joyful to use for typing
    Sweet mother of god. People need to realize with this gesture based os the god dam buttons will never come back. Beg, plead or cry they are never coming back. Ever.

Posted Via Q10
    06-10-13 11:56 AM
    I agree that physical buttons are better than touchscreen ones so I did hope it could have kept the hang up and answer buttons, bb button, back button, and the trackpad, but other than that, I like the new keyboard, tried it at a store, and the back seems pretty nice too...
    06-10-13 12:24 PM
    Sweet mother of god. People need to realize with this gesture based os the god dam buttons will never come back. Beg, plead or cry they are never coming back. Ever.

Posted Via Q10
    For what it's worth, the entire Android community did the same dance when they lost their physical and/or capacitive buttons when ICS came out and everything switched to softkeys. The uproar died down over time, and now it's a non-issue.

People will get over it.
    X10A-Freedom likes this.
    06-10-13 12:28 PM
    Disagree with the OP entirely.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:37 PM
    You guys also have to realize that Blackberry is trying to move forward here. Market share is already difficult to gain in this economy filled with Android and iOS. Another important thing is that Blackberry 10 does not need physical buttons such as back/home/whatever. The operating system was not built around that. Blackberry's last flagship phone with those features was the 9900/9930 and as good of a run it had competing for business/power users, it's time to move on.
    06-10-13 12:41 PM
    I love the Q10, best phone I've ever owned
    jthep likes this.
    06-10-13 12:44 PM
    Coming from Curve 8900 on TMO. Really unhappy. Issues (so far...I keep discovering):
    - No wi-fi calling (this is really ticking me off)
    - No copy/paste in/from browser
    - When scrolling up, I frequently trigger the app screen
    - It takes multiple steps to set vibrate. Used to be hold down the # key
    - No more one-click dial and all the inefficiencies treating the phone as an app

I like the exclusivity that comes with having a BB, but the pain is excruciating. Seriously considering returning and getting the Galaxy Relay with TMO. I can't even use the sim card in my old phone for wi-fi calling, or this might be bearable.

Posted via CB10
    Wi-fi Calling is coming this has been confirmed.
    I copied and pasted from my browser on my Z10 logic dictates the Q10 can do it as well
    You need to get use to the phone when scrolling
    1 swipe the i tap my phone is on vibrate. I changed my ringer notification icon from the top drag down menu to vibrate.
    not sure what you mean there the phone app is more usefull the BBOS, ios and android phones i used.
    06-10-13 12:46 PM
    - the back cover feels cheap
    - no more home button and back button
    - the flat keyboard isn't as joyful to use for typing
    - Back cover, well we all have different ideas about what good quality is, feels and looks slamming to me
    - If you knew how to use the phone you would realise why you don't need a home button or back button
    - The keyboard keys are slightly larger which is sweet, feels odd with straight frets for starters, but after a while you will find out how so much better it is
    chris8189 likes this.
    06-10-13 12:55 PM
    BB-04: Really thankful for your response. When you say "confirmed" would you mind mentioning the source so I can check? I am (obviously) within the 14-day cancellation Window, so am very interested. The other items are far less important.

Thanks a million!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:58 PM
    A downgrade?

I don't even know where to begin to disagree. The Q10 is so much better than the 9900, to me. I loved my 9900 and it was a great phone. But the Q10 is so much more. I have the Z10 too, so maybe I am used to typing in a straight line. I really like it.

The back cover looks and feels high end.

I agree though, I want to be able to hold Q and have the phone set to vibrate.

As for copy and paste: I think we should be able to Press and Hold ALT and then use your finger to highlight the text we want....then the right side menu could present us with the Cut/Copy/Unselect options. This would be so much easier than how it currently is, because I too preferred the old method on my 9900.
    06-10-13 01:18 PM
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but switching between apps and accessing the home screen is very fast on the Q10. In my opinion, when you need to switch between a bunch of active programs quickly, BB10 offers a superior experience to Android (2nd best) and iOS.

The only comment I have seen related to the benefits of a trackpad relates to selecting, copying, and pasting text. All of the touchscreen OSes copy each other with the flags, but I'm convinced there are better solutions. Selecting text is far clunkier on a touchscreen than it is with a trackpad.
    06-10-13 01:21 PM
    Wow I feel the complete opposite of everything the writer of this post had said. The back is so sexy I don't even use a case, and who cares about the back button? The entire purpose of this phone was to move into 2013. Back buttons are gone, get over it!

Always on my Q10!
    06-10-13 01:40 PM
    Free apps still a major drawback for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 01:43 PM
80 123 ...