I just spent a few minutes waiting for my bank's automatically generated text message to arrive. It didn't.

But lo and behold, when I clicked 'refresh' in the Hub, they were there. While it's fine for Twitter or Facebook, having to 'refresh' seems unacceptable for texts. How can I fix this?

And to be clear - my text messages do arrive, eventually, but I don't think there should be significant lag on this, which I'm seeing now.

Thanks,
    Vincent
    07-31-13 05:20 PM
    Hello!

I'm sorry that you are having this happen! Has anything changed with your Hub since you posted? Here are some suggestions:

1) Do a battery pull, and insert the battery after a couple seconds. See what a reboot does to your phone.
    2) Have you recently updated your OS, or switched any text message options around? If so, maybe reverting to their original functioning might help.
    3) Go to your Hub, and see if text messages are set to appear in the Hub when you receive them. I know you said they do, but just check to be sure. Maybe turn text messages off from appearing in the Hub; then re-allow them to appear in the Hub. I don't know if that will change anything, but you never know.
    4) Turn off all network connections. Then turn everything on again. See if anything changes.

I hope you get this sorted! Take care!
    07-31-13 05:28 PM
    Hello!

I'm sorry that you are having this happen! Has anything changed with your Hub since you posted? Here are some suggestions:

1) Do a battery pull, and insert the battery after a couple seconds. See what a reboot does to your phone.
    2) Have you recently updated your OS, or switched any text message options around? If so, maybe reverting to their original functioning might help.
    3) Go to your Hub, and see if text messages are set to appear in the Hub when you receive them. I know you said they do, but just check to be sure. Maybe turn text messages off from appearing in the Hub; then re-allow them to appear in the Hub. I don't know if that will change anything, but you never know.
    4) Turn off all network connections. Then turn everything on again. See if anything changes.

I hope you get this sorted! Take care!
    1) don't do a battery pull, you people need to get it clear they're not needed anymore. I'm sick of reading about BlackBerry of yesterday tips and tricks.

2) text messages still get filtered through the carrier, they take time to show up.

Posted via CB10
    doggy10 likes this.
    07-31-13 05:32 PM
    1) don't do a battery pull, you people need to get it clear they're not needed anymore. I'm sick of reading about BlackBerry of yesterday tips and tricks.

2) text messages still get filtered through the carrier, they take time to show up.

Posted via CB10
    Hello.

I apologize if my post offended you. I just got my Q10, so having a 9780 for two years has made me internalize a lot of the options available for troubleshooting for those models.

Take care!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-31-13 05:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    So the answer is: There's nothing I can do except constantly hit 'refresh'?

Even if it 'took time to show up' via server, there shouldn't be a lag between when my phone decides to look for them and then
    07-31-13 06:32 PM
    To me it seems insane that there should even *be* a refresh option for text messages. Can that not be improved? This is a step down from a RAZR on this point
    07-31-13 06:34 PM
    Could be a carrier issue. I have had the same problem with a few AT&T devices.

Posted via CB10 with my BBQ
    07-31-13 06:44 PM
    All of your text messages (especially banking info) has to run through the NSA servers and copied before they reach you. It's a security measure to ensure that you are completely at their mercy if need be, or if an agent needs a few extra bucks.

Wondering: Is it only happening with your banking texts?

Posted via Zeppelin or Quincy!
    07-31-13 07:02 PM
    I would call or go to your carrier and explain this. If it is a carrier issue, perhaps they can try and help. I would suggest sending a direct message to @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter as well; just to see what they say, on the chance that they might have other suggestions or have heard of this happening and can direct you elsewhere. Has anyone else you know who uses the same carrier experienced texts being delayed? I'm with Rogers, but I have had instances when my text to someone was received; but the recipient would text me back and I would not receive it. Are the people to whom you are texting receiving their texts when you send them, and not a few hours later?
    07-31-13 09:20 PM
    Or check your sync settings from your account.

CB10 - Q10
    07-31-13 09:52 PM
    The way I read it, the texts are not being delayed. They are arriving to his phone no problem, it's just that his phone isn't notifying him or showing them until he manually tells it to check. The problem seems to me like it must be in the phone itself rather than with the carrier.

OP, have you tried going to a site like textem.net and sending yourself some texts, just to verify that problem happens every time?
    Vinncent likes this.
    07-31-13 10:14 PM
    which sync settings? for text messages/hub there is nothing
    08-01-13 02:36 PM
    Exactly. And yes, it happens every time. Is there a 'sync all the time' setting for texts? It seems something like that really shouldn't be necessary, but...
    08-01-13 02:39 PM
    Exactly. And yes, it happens every time. Is there a 'sync all the time' setting for texts? It seems something like that really shouldn't be necessary, but...
    Is it happening with ONLY your banking texts or all text messages?

Posted via Zeppelin or Quincy!
    08-01-13 02:58 PM
    Set FB for no notifications in the hub, and then go into the main settings and into your accounts and make sure you turn off all notifications on the phone for facebook. There was another thread and the fb app is causing it, not the BlackBerry. Let me know if it works. After you turn off the fb notifications in both places, turn off phone for a few minutes and then turn on. Some said they had to do the same for twitter?? It worked for me when I just shut off the fb notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Vinncent likes this.
    08-01-13 07:22 PM
    I'll try that, thanks, except - in my world (Brazil) - needing facebook chat notifications to arrive on time matters probably more than text messages.
    08-03-13 04:22 PM
    Or check your sync settings from your account.

CB10 - Q10
    which sync settings? does anything regulate how often to check for texts?
    08-03-13 04:25 PM