I am running OS 10.3.1.1779 on my BB Q10 and recently purchased a BB Classic thus wanted to switch device.

The BB Q10 neither allows me to download switch or back up my device using BlackBerry Link - it keeps asking to sign in to my BBID.

I am able to sign in to my BBID from comp and from mobile web on device but not from the BlackBerry App World or Hub. I enter my email and then password, after a few seconds the password field goes blank. It logs incorrect password attempts but does not log in with correct password. When I navigate to BlackBerry ID from settings, it shows that the Email Confirmation Status is NOT CONFIRMED.

I tweeted BlackBerry help who suggested a device wipe. I sadly do not have a recent back up and need ALL the contacts i currently have and thus that is not an option. They then suggested I contact BlackBerry Technical Support with my service provider (Safaricom Kenya) - they have never heard of it and asked me to contact BlackBerry directly.

I am at my wits end as I can neither migrate to my recently purchased Classic and neither can I use my BB Q10 without the following message popping up in my hub every time I open any app:

BlackBerry ID
    One or more applications/services require you to verify your BlackBerry ID.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    - User name and password have always been the same
    - Tried reset password, followed prompts, accepted on mobile web and comp - Unsucessful from BB Hub/Appworld
    - Tried the wait 8 hours to log in - Unsuccesful
    - Tried hard and soft reset - Unsuccesful
    - Tried without SIM and only WiFi - Unsuccesful
    - Tried only with SIM and without WiFi - Unsuccesful
    - Tried rebooting phone while connected to BlackBerry Link - Unsuccesful
    - Tried backing up with both phone and comp on Airplane mode - Unsuccesful

I scoured the net and saw many similar issues and closest I came to in finding a similar error on the Knowledge base says it has no resolution.

I am extremely frustrated and dissatisfied with this issue. Does anyone have an idea of what could be the issue or way around this?

Thank you.
    04-04-15 01:37 PM
    Do a complete device wipe and reinstall the OS. Using your computer try to loging to your blackberry account and check if its active. Let me know how it goes.
    04-04-15 08:39 PM
    Hi Harsha,

I am trying NOT to do a complete wipe as I do not have a recent back up. I am unable to do a back up as I am unable to log in to my BBID.

Thanks,

Sam
    04-05-15 02:18 AM
    Have you tried to change your BlackBerry ID password using the Classic, then try to log in on the Q10? I have no idea if this could work, but I guess it could force your Q10 to register correctly on the next attempt.
    Last edited by serbanescu; 04-05-15 at 04:44 AM.
    samdave69 likes this.
    04-05-15 04:32 AM
    I tweeted BlackBerry help who suggested a device wipe. I sadly do not have a recent back up and need ALL the contacts i currently have and thus that is not an option.
    By the sounds of things, you're probably going to end up having to wipe.

Backup all your files by simply copying to your PC.
    Contacts can be sent to your new Classic (and BT enabled PC) by sending them over Bluetooth: go into the contacts app, long press a contact, choose select more, select some or all your contacts, select share with, select Bluetooth, etc.
    You could probably also back them up to a cloud.
    If you can't install any third party apps, then stuff like Remember notes is probably going to get lost.
    samdave69 likes this.
    04-05-15 04:42 AM
    BTW, when did your Q10 develop this issue? What changed?
    If you have the original email that was sent to you to confirm the BlackBerry ID, you could try clicking the confirm link again, but I wouldn't hold much hope.
    samdave69 likes this.
    04-05-15 04:49 AM
    Thanks, I tried this. No change - The log in pop-up appears with presaved Username (which is correct), I type the password and after a few seconds the password field is blank as if I hadn't typed anything.
    04-05-15 06:57 AM
    The last time I entered my password without an issue was to download the OS 10.3.1.1779

After which the next instance I needed to enter my password was when I wanted to switch devices.
    04-05-15 06:58 AM
    As lengthy as this sounds it may be my only option to transfer 1,776 contacts.

The SIM card size is also different so no hope of saving to SIM, copying to new device and repeating is also not possible. BlackBerryHelp are blatantly ignoring me on Twitter. I have been using BlackBerry devices for over 15years and this has been my first reason to complain ever. Definitely a week from hell, losing all data on comp and now having this.

Oh well, such is life. Thanks again.
    04-05-15 07:11 AM
    As lengthy as this sounds it may be my only option to transfer 1,776 contacts.

The SIM card size is also different so no hope of saving to SIM, copying to new device and repeating is also not possible.
    Lordy, 1776 contacts! You'll go mad.
    If you can go the cloud route it might be considerably easier and quicker (settings, accounts, add account, advanced, CardDAV, then add the details of a cloud service that offers CardDAV like gmail, outlook etc, synchronize to cloud and maybe see if you can export a backup copy from their web interfaces).
    Saving to SIM wouldn't help, since I don't think they have anywhere near this capacity, and they only store the most basic contact info.

I feel for you, but this is one of life's lessons: do backup everything important regularly and test your backups.

Even though BlackBerry probably think they are doing us a favour with Link, make simple backups of stuff occasionally without Link. The proprietary nature of Link, its undocumented/encrypted file format, and its tie in with your BBID, mean that you are stuffed when things like this happen.
    Last edited by baarn; 04-05-15 at 07:48 AM.
    samdave69 likes this.
    04-05-15 07:30 AM
    I think BlackBerry link should work without the ID. Because I remember loosing my ID and still using bblink for backup.

Here is an alternate to backup your contacts, it worked for me. Do you have a mail client like outlook? They have an inbuilt address/contact book and your BlackBerry should be able to sync with it. If you don't have outlook download one like thunderbird its free. I used outlook not sure about thunderbird thought. Plug your phone to your computer and bblink should recognise the phone and will become active. Now go to sync settings and get the phone to do a oneway sync (or even two way, it doesn't really matter) of your contacts with your mail client. It will take some time maybe 15mins - 30mins depending on the number of contacts.

Then wipe your phone, do a fresh installation and try to set your BlackBerry ID. If you have forgotten it, I don't think even BlackBerry can recover it so best is to create another one. Once the phone is ready sync the data back from your mail client and you should have your contacts back.

Posted via CB10
    samdave69 and veved like this.
    04-06-15 02:51 AM
    I've been having exactly this same issue tonight with my wife's Z30. Strange thing is, she doesn't care about BBM or any of the communication add-ons, she just wants to use the phone and collect email. I, on the other hand, hate to see a capable phone like the Z30 hobbled by a software glitch. Same as OP, this trouble started after the 10.3.1 update. Just like him, the attempt to verify the password results in a two-or-three second blank of the "Verify" button, then it refreshes and won't proceed to the next screen. It doesn't trigger an "incorrect password" count, though, so I still have a few of those left. But, like him, I can log on successfully from the computer.

Looks like this is a software issue of some sort; I could do as my wife suggests and ignore it (although that will only be till the next update) or I could do a security wipe and reset. Unattractive choices, BlackBerry!
    samdave69 likes this.
    04-12-15 09:15 PM
    This has been the most frustrating month since I first owned a Blackberry 15 years ago.

Thought I would post the conclusion as I never did find a solution but feel I should highlight the frustration I went through regarding this issue and how BlackBerry supports "assisted" me.

Firstly, I spent a lot of time on the internet unable to find a solution to this issue - however, it was evident that I was not the only one having this issue and assumed that its a glitch that BlackBerry was aware of and would sort it. Either way I posted my query on a number of forums.

Not receiving any solution, I tweeted BlackBerry help who took me through a few steps and requested some information off me (PIN, Device IMEI, Network etc.) After some back and forth, they informed me that they could not resolve this and I should contact my service provider for a solution. So I did.

My service provider took me through the exact same steps and concluded that they could not help any further and I would need to contact BlackBerry. I tweeted BlackBerry informing them of the paradoxical situation and neither did they respond nor acknowledge my tweet. I tried again, nothing. I tweeted them regularly for 3 weeks without a response nor acknowledgement from them. For a company of their stature, I find that very childish and most of all irritating.

In the meantime, I called in some personal favours and managed to get my mobile service provider to raise a Service Request Ticket with BlackBerry. I called up BlackBerry support and spent an hour on the phone being taken through the same steps as before as well as some new ones (reset BBID, log in from computer, change password etc - mind you I have been clear from the onset that I had already tried them and failed). only to be informed by the representative that this issue was beyond her help and she would need to refer me to someone senior. She agreed to set up a callback from the senior technician.

Thankfully, the senior technician called me that very evening and we spent an hour doing the above AGAIN without any positive result. At the end of it all, I was requested to email them logs from my device and was informed that this issue was beyond his reach and I would be referred to a Tier 3 technician (no idea what that is). Furthermore, I was informed that this could take 24 to 48 hrs (this was a Monday).

I waited patiently all week expecting a response and only received an email from BlackBerry the following Saturday informing me that my service ticket has been closed upon successfully resolving my issue. I excitedly checked my phone to see if this was true but the issue still persisted. So I emailed them back informing them that the issue had not been resolved. No response. nor acknowledgement.

I tweeted them in reference to the issue and how it was still unresolved despite them claiming the contrary - no response.

At this point I was livid and tweeted one last message to BlackBerry stating that I give up and I could not believe a first class company like them would behave such.

Last week, whatsapp and a few other apps required software updates and would not work without the update. Since I could not succesfully enter my password to update them, I was left with no option but to scrap my old phone and start using the new one without any of my old contacts.

This entire exercise has left me frustrated and have lost all faith in BlackBerry's customer care standards. If anything, I would describe it as pathetic at best.

I eventually employed someone to sit and transfer my close to 2,000 contacts into a MS Excel sheet which I will import into my new phone using one of many available apps.

I just hope you have better luck in resolving this issue and I hope BlackBerry gets serious about it's service delivery.

Severely frustrated and disappointed.

Sam
    braulio_jose likes this.
    05-13-15 03:20 AM
    It is painful.
    05-13-15 03:20 AM
    Hello Fellow passports and beyond, I to have an issue when I have to access the blackberry ID, I place my password in the field and it does nothing except reases after a minute. I have tried reset on my computer and verified it works but my passport will not accept it.
    10-31-15 06:22 PM
    I have had the same issue with my Z30 tree times, and every time I had to reinstall the operating system. @samdave69 as you say, this is very frustrating.

Every time it has happened it is because I have turned off and then turned on the phone.
    11-09-17 05:52 PM
    I have had the same issue with my Z30 tree times, and every time I had to reinstall the operating system. @samdave69 as you say, this is very frustrating.

Every time it has happened it is because I have turned off and then turned on the phone.
    You win the daily "dig up an old corpse thread" award!
    11-09-17 05:57 PM
    You win the daily "dig up an old corpse thread" award!
    Very constructive.

Obviously I am looking for a solution. My third time was today.
    11-09-17 08:01 PM
    Very constructive.

Obviously I am looking for a solution. My third time was today.
    I believe we are doing that in another thread.
    11-09-17 08:31 PM