i never knew it was there. just turned it on. i can see how it might be good in certain conditions, if nothing else.
    Works great once your personal dictionary is populated with how you type certain words and shortcuts
    10-17-13 02:28 PM
    I have been using it a few days and I really like it. I am having to use an extra tap to get to the send button, though. Not sure if I am missing something. Either way, it's cool because you don't have to use it even when it's on.

Works great once your personal dictionary is populated with how you type certain words and shortcuts
    10-17-13 02:31 PM
    Did you read the wiki ? no way my language is in there, it's not an 'official' language.

and yes I'm on a Q10
    Ah no.. I didn't see that.. However, if you continue to type in your particular language it should learn the words you use... is this not the case with you..?

From the Z...
    10-17-13 02:35 PM
    At first I didn't, but then I turned it on, because I saw Vivek post a video about it or something.

Now I use it all the time. It really helps the Q10 be more usable one-handed, sort of like the Z10.
    10-17-13 02:53 PM
    I tried it after I had my Q10 for awhile. Maybe I was already used to not using it, but it seemed to me like it kind of got in the way of typing on this fabulous keyboard on here. Coming from the Torch 9850 and the 9800 before that, I got used to touchscreens but coming back to a physical keyboard like this shows me how much I took my Bold 9000 for granite. Now I get on this keyboard and it feels so natural and right, that it seemed I had to stop what I'm doing to read and use the predictive text that I just turned back off and go without it.

Posted via CB10 using the best keyboard ever, the Q10!
    10-17-13 06:29 PM
    "Granite* lool

I have mine on and use it when feeling lazy. It's quicker to just type though rather than waiting for the word to pop up.

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-17-13 06:41 PM
    "Granite* lool

I have mine on and use it when feeling lazy. It's quicker to just type though rather than waiting for the word to pop up.

Posted via my CB Q10
    Lol I forgot to correct it.

Posted via CB10 using the best keyboard ever, the Q10!
    10-17-13 07:30 PM
    "Granite* lool

Posted via my CB Q10
    That's generally my experience. By the time you (1) stop typing (2) go down and tap the word and (3) reposition your fingers for typing, it can take longer that just flat out typing. Sometimes for long words it's preferable for me. I probably could practice using it more w my left thumb and shorted the time between taking your fingers (and eye) off the keyboard and going back to the keyboard.

As for spelling correction, I love it but seem to find it random as to when it decides to correct something and when it doesn't (and I'm not talking about dictionary limitations). Maybe it's just me. Seems to be working fine right now.
    Last edited by SoxFan; 10-18-13 at 08:20 AM.
    10-18-13 07:20 AM
    Turned it on a few weeks ago; I was already use to not having it so as of right now where i'm not use to it I find it kind of slows me down

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 01:57 PM
    I have never used it but might start. Just turned it on. What I don't get is that it seems like the physical keyboard makes the predictions almost unnecessary. Except for big words like unnecessary. Will try it for a few days
    10-18-13 02:14 PM
    I have never used it but might start. Just turned it on. What I don't get is that it seems like the physical keyboard makes the predictions almost unnecessary. Except for big words like unnecessary. Will try it for a few days
    I only ever use it if I'm using my phone one-handed (when I'm eating, for instance), or for longer words (yes, like unnecessary--just have to type "unn" and tap the word).

As for going back and making corrections, something that can be really useful so you don't have to position the cursor exactly is using Alt+Backspace for delete (delete the right-most character instead of the left) so you're not always trying to get the cursor at the start of a word. In general, text selection and copy/cut/paste is hugely improved in 10.2.0.1791. Something that's new to the later 10.2 builds is the ability to select text by holding Shift and moving the text-circle (by tapping it's edges or dragging).

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 03:01 PM
    I only ever use it if I'm using my phone one-handed (when I'm eating, for instance), or for longer words (yes, like unnecessary--just have to type "unn" and tap the word)...

Posted via CB10
    No talking with your mouth full!

Posted via CBQ10
    10-19-13 07:56 PM
37 12