My wife, who usually doesn't have much of an opinion about such things, absolutely flat out told me that no way does she want a Z10. She'll hold out for the Q10 (Her words: "...thank you very much"). I was able to convert from a Bold 9900 to the Z10 but she will only consider a Q10, regardless of having to wait another month or so for it. Turns out that I don't know her so well after all! LOL.

We're in Canada, btw.
    03-16-13 08:08 PM
    same here, although I'm happy z10 users are happy.....q10 is me in a nutshell. Don't mind learning the small tscreen as long as

the qwerty pad is there. If bb did away with the bold style, I'd have to look elsewhere in the future.
    03-16-13 08:16 PM
    I'm guessing she has a 9900?
    03-16-13 09:00 PM
    I'm guessing she has a 9900?
    Yuppers.
    A_T_Kelly1 likes this.
    03-16-13 09:05 PM
    I suspect that there's a lot of closet QWERTY users out there. I didn't think I was that fervent about it myself, having maybe the worst non-Curve physical keyboard, until I tried going touchscreen for a couple of weeks. I think the Q10 will sell well. My wild guess is that 80-90% would be existing BB users, and 10-20% would be other closet QWERTY users whose experiment with iOS and Android only reinforced their belief in a physical keyboard.
    03-17-13 01:12 AM
    For me it's not just about the keyboard, you have to also factor in the bigger battery and the classic Blackberry design.
    03-17-13 01:24 AM
    The Z10 system has been optimized in design for the virtual keyboard. With the Q10 about 45% of the screen is lost to the physical keyboard.

Before I got the Z10, I was against virtual keyboards. With the new innovated virtual keyboard technology the Z10 is excellent for typing. I have been using the Z10 for a month now. I do a lot of composition on this phone. I use it for my work. Between the 9900 and the Z10, my preference is to stay with the Z10 for everything.
    Spawn12 and Savior4Life like this.
    03-17-13 09:59 AM
    I don't have an option being with Sprint, but I probably would have chosen the qwerty anyway. I am very worried about keyboard shortcuts, will know soon I guess
    03-17-13 11:04 AM
    I'm with you on the Sprint thing but i do want to give the Z10 a try

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-17-13 11:52 AM
    Opposite with me and my girl, shes got the z10...im waiting for the q10 tbh
    03-17-13 12:04 PM
    I'll have to convince my wife to go to a Z10, then I can play with both devices. I'm slowly laying out the groundwork by taking opportunities to point out that her taste in fruit isn't so great because they tend to grow worms and can be mushy, while my fruit is healthier (more antioxidants in dark coloured fruit). So by the time her contract is up in September...
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-17-13 04:14 PM
    The trick is to steer her around to thinking that it was her idea.

Posted via CB10
    deltact and Savior4Life like this.
    03-17-13 05:29 PM
    My wife, who usually doesn't have much of an opinion about such things, absolutely flat out told me that no way does she want a Z10. She'll hold out for the Q10 (Her words: "...thank you very much"). I was able to convert from a Bold 9900 to the Z10 but she will only consider a Q10, regardless of having to wait another month or so for it. Turns out that I don't know her so well after all! LOL.

We're in Canada, btw.
    Take her to a mobile phone shop where the Z10 is available for hands on experience and ask her to do this - type "the quick brown fox over the lazy dog" and watch how the words just pop up.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:10 PM
    I'm in exactly the same boat! Really wanted the wife to ditch her old 9900 for the Z10, she takes way too many baby pics that the Z10 would be so much better. She loves the keyboard BlackBerry's and wants to wait for the Q. I was looking forward to the keyboard (I have a work supplied Z10 and can easily swap for a Q when it comes) but now after using a Z10 for the last month, I love the Z... it really is one of the best touchscreens out there and I love its predictive text etc. I will get to test the Q10 though when the wife finally gets one lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:01 PM
    Take her to a mobile phone shop where the Z10 is available for hands on experience and ask her to do this - type "the quick brown fox over the lazy dog" and watch how the words just pop up.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, here it would be "le renard agile a saut� par-dessus le chien paresseux" (excuse my grammar). Even though I know the trick for exiting out of the store demo app, I can't get into the settings to add another input language because the settings are password protected
    03-18-13 10:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    I wish! Her mind is made up. I just wish she would take as much time considering the Z10 as she does when considering what outfit to wear each day. Alas, she's a QWERTY hard a$$ and there's no reasoning with her. I mean....I came from the Bold 9900 and am quite happy with the Z10. I guess there's nothing worse than a reformed keyboarder in her mind and she's tuned me out. ;-)
    03-18-13 12:20 PM
    This is great news! I've always found touch screen keyboards more suitable for women's small little fingers, but this is great news anyways. I wish my gf had a BB.
    03-18-13 05:38 PM
    I talked my girlfriend into a Q10, and she actually seems pretty excited for it. She's had an iPhone for a few years now.
    deltact likes this.
    03-19-13 01:53 PM
    My parents are both likely to upgrade soon (9700 and 9800). I got the z10 on release day (9000-9700-9780) and though I love the forms and keyboard I find I still make mistakes an diet frustrated when the auto correct puts in the wrong word on me. I think for them I will recommend the Q simply because of the keyboard. Will be very interested in seeing how hubby likes his z10 (work supplies a device an he chose z). I have fairly small fingers and can type pretty well but not as seamlessly as on my old keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 02:07 PM
    My mother has never owned a Blackberry, but she's a QWERTY-only type as well. She does have a hard time with Android on her HTC Desire Z (the fact that I loaded CyanogenMod on it isn't helping lol, other than with battery life) and she found demo Z10s to be MUCH more intuitive (the OS). Pretty much guaranteed that I'll buy her a Q10 in time for her birthday . I'm going to grab it at release and play around with it every day until it's time to give it away, since I love trying out new tech.
    03-19-13 06:53 PM
    Cool! See I have used both keyboard and full touchscreen BlackBerry models (had a Bold 9930, right now I have a Torch 9850) and as great as the keyboard is ESPECIALLY on the 9930, I prefer a full touchscreen. I do a lot of browsing on my phone and the full touchscreen is great for that. I have preordered my Z10 on Verizon so I am all set! I'm just glad that everyone has a choice with BB10.
    03-19-13 07:01 PM
    Perform inception.

Plant the idea.

Wake up =)
    03-19-13 07:36 PM
    My wife now has her Q10. We're on the Bell Mobility network FWIW. She's had it for a few days and has settled in very nicely, adapting easily from her Bold 9900. I asked her if she wanted to swap SIMs and try my Z10 for a few days and she gave me a "You're nuts!" look. 'Nuf said. It was worth the wait ;-)
    05-11-13 08:09 PM