I've had my q10 for almost a year and I hope it will stay with me as long as possible. I am a fan of PKBs and I prefer smaller devices so the q10 is a perfect fit for me. The removable battery is a nice bonus. Passport is too big for me and I don't find Classic very appealing. I kind of hope that BlackBerry will realese a similar device to q10 in the future.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 06:10 PM
    Hello fellow Q10 lovers! Its safe to say that the Q10 was a one off device, unfortunately. What will you purchase next? I've had my device for 2 years now and I wish to hold on to it for another year. I will then upgrade to the passport SE edition and following that I will go to getting a z30 to get myself used to using an all touch to make switching to another non blackberry device easier.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. This isn't a hate/B�tching post. I don't know how I feel about the Piv as of right now. If I were to go down the android route I'd get a slab with better specs.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    I absolutely love my Q10, but ever since I first seen pics of the Passport I was intrigued. I don't think I will go with the classic as its very similar to the Q10 so why swap? Also I feel the track pad is a step backwards.

Today I held the Priv for a good 5 minutes. It felt kinda cheap and honestly, I like BlackBerry 10 os. So in order to try something new and to experience a bigger screen, if I upgrade at all it will be to the passport.

Always on my Q10!
    11-07-15 07:45 PM
    I put my Q10 away about six months ago and have been using my Bold 9900 since then. I'll use the Q10 again at some point in the future, but I really like the 9900 best. The app interfaces are simple, and the settings offer fine-grained control.

At this point there are no other phones that really appeal to me. The current crop of smartphones are too big.
    mushroom_daddy and BerryRipe like this.
    11-08-15 12:33 AM
    I put my Q10 away about six months ago and have been using my Bold 9900 since then. I'll use the Q10 again at some point in the future, but I really like the 9900 best. The app interfaces are simple, and the settings offer fine-grained control.

At this point there are no other phones that really appeal to me. The current crop of smartphones are too big.
    Curious to learn if you think the curved keyboard is better. I am uncertain as to if my thoughts on the curved keyboard being better is actually due to the fact the keyboard is better or more from nostalgia. I am a Q fan, but I just wonder on that point . . .. A Q with a curved keyboard?
    11-09-15 06:12 PM
    Curious to learn if you think the curved keyboard is better. I am uncertain as to if my thoughts on the curved keyboard being better is actually due to the fact the keyboard is better or more from nostalgia. I am a Q fan, but I just wonder on that point . . .. A Q with a curved keyboard?
    I used to like the curved keyboard better. It just felt better to type on. But now I'm equally accustomed to the straight one, and the slightly larger keys on the Q10 are quite nice. So I'd call it a wash.

To me, the real benefit of the curved keyboard is that it opens up space for a larger trackpad. Since the Q10 doesn't have a trackpad, it doesn't really need a curved keyboard. The classic, on the other hand, probably would have been nicer with the old style curve.
    11-09-15 07:58 PM
    I used to like the curved keyboard better. It just felt better to type on. But now I'm equally accustomed to the straight one, and the slightly larger keys on the Q10 are quite nice. So I'd call it a wash.

To me, the real benefit of the curved keyboard is that it opens up space for a larger trackpad. Since the Q10 doesn't have a trackpad, it doesn't really need a curved keyboard. The classic, on the other hand, probably would have been nicer with the old style curve.
    Yes, I too am happy with the Q10. Witness the stockpile.

Always on the defense against simple nostalgia. Thank you for your insights.

As an aside: Shuswap? BC?
    11-09-15 09:03 PM
    Shuswap? BC?
    You bet!
    11-09-15 09:12 PM
    You bet!
    Nice. I grew up on the lake in the latter half of the '60's and the '70's. Uncle had a couple hundred acres and half a mile of shoreline/beach at the north end of the lake. Could go days without seeing another boat. So much fish you could simply say at 1500hrs it was time to catch a trout for dinner: and you would.
    11-09-15 10:15 PM
    Nice. I grew up on the lake in the latter half of the '60's and the '70's. Uncle had a couple hundred acres and half a mile of shoreline/beach at the north end of the lake. Could go days without seeing another boat. So much fish you could simply say at 1500hrs it was time to catch a trout for dinner: and you would.
    Sounds like good times. The lake is pretty busy now, and there are hundreds of houseboats in the summer. It's a totally changed experience. I don't know if you can find that kind of solitude anymore. Maybe on the big lakes north of Prince George, but I haven't been up there in a long time.

Pardon the thread digression, everyone! Carry on....
    11-09-15 11:11 PM
    Sounds like good times. The lake is pretty busy now, and there are hundreds of houseboats in the summer. It's a totally changed experience. I don't know if you can find that kind of solitude anymore. Maybe on the big lakes north of Prince George, but I haven't been up there in a long time.

Pardon the thread digression, everyone! Carry on....
    A pity - I bet the water is not longer so clear you could see 20, 30, or even 50 feet down.

My apologies as well.
    11-10-15 02:02 AM
    I picked up my Priv yesterday. It is a beautiful device. The screen is more than twice the size of my Q10. I don't think I'd ever be able to go back to my Q10... it feels like a toy now! BB10 was a good run, but this Priv is fantastic.
    11-10-15 03:19 PM
    Upgraded to Passport from Q10 a month ago! Was worried @ first but now just coudn't go back! Q10 keyboard bettr though! Can type faster on it! The screen on the Q way to tiny now! Kinda like moving into a big house and then downsizing to a smaller one! Haha it's tough!!! Passport kicks ****, luv it.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 08:46 PM
37 12