No YELP? This is probably the singularly most helpful/valuable mobile app out there. Nuts!
    09-05-13 09:26 AM
    No YELP? This is probably the singularly most helpful/valuable mobile app out there. Nuts!
    Some Yelp functions are in BlackBerry Travel, although reading individual reviews is not (I hope they can add it soon).
    Once you're in the BlackBerry Travel app, click More and then click Search Locally:

Where is YELP for Q10?-img_00000725.jpg
    09-05-13 09:37 AM
    Some Yelp functions are in BlackBerry Travel, although reading individual reviews is not (I hope they can add it soon).
    Once you're in the BlackBerry Travel app, click More and then click Search Locally:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000725.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	198747
    This does not seem to be the same YELP I know and love which recognizes my location and then finds the closest places (with reviews) that I am looking for, and gives me verbal and visual directions on how to get there.
    09-05-13 10:17 AM
    There used to be an app by a 3rd party dev. Not sure why it's been removed, maybe an official app is coming?:

Local search made easy with Yelp for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    09-05-13 10:56 AM
    Anyone try side loading it

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:09 PM
    There used to be an app by a 3rd party dev. Not sure why it's been removed, maybe an official app is coming?:

Local search made easy with Yelp for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    I believe yelp made them take it down.
    09-05-13 12:22 PM
    fyi, looks like it works, found these after searching the forum for "yelp" with titles only checked off:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...r-file-825707/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...p-help-821284/
    09-05-13 12:26 PM
    I believe yelp made them take it down.
    I just want the basic regular old Yelp that we had with the Bold and that works so well on the iPhone.
    09-05-13 12:49 PM
    I just want the basic regular old Yelp that we had with the Bold and that works so well on the iPhone.
    I'm not positive, but I remember reading somewhere that yelp uses google maps, if thats the case, we would need an official google maps before yelp would come.

Did you follow the links, you can sideload yelp and have it working....
    09-05-13 12:53 PM
    I'm not positive, but I remember reading somewhere that yelp uses google maps, if thats the case, we would need an official google maps before yelp would come.

Did you follow the links, you can sideload yelp and have it working....
    Well, all I know is we had Yelp on the Bold and now we don't, so go figure. Idiots. I guess I can try and figure out how to side load, but don't like to mess around with non-authorized applications and functions.
    09-05-13 01:18 PM
    Well, all I know is we had Yelp on the Bold and now we don't, so go figure. Idiots. I guess I can try and figure out how to side load, but don't like to mess around with non-authorized applications and functions.
    I wouldn't bother side loading, it seems to much of an issue for you, and then you'll be back on here starting numerous threads about issues already discussed and b!tching about it.
    09-05-13 01:21 PM
    I wouldn't bother side loading, it seems to much of an issue for you, and then you'll be back on here starting numerous threads about issues already discussed and b!tching about it.
    Clearly many others are experiencing the same frustrations, disappointments, and anger. Millions more just aren't purchasing the product, in response to all the bad reviews and user complaints. I never thought Blackberry management could be this stupid, but this is a textbook case on how to destroy billions in value and go from an industry leader to a defacto bankrupt hasbeen in near record time. That takes quite a combination of arrogance and stupidity.
    09-05-13 01:41 PM
    Clearly many others are experiencing the same frustrations, disappointments, and anger. Millions more just aren't purchasing the product, in response to all the bad reviews and user complaints. I never thought Blackberry management could be this stupid, but this is a textbook case on how to destroy billions in value and go from an industry leader to a defacto bankrupt hasbeen in near record time. That takes quite a combination of arrogance and stupidity.
    meh, I don't think its because of poor reviews or user complaints, there aren't enough BB10 users for that to be a significant effect... people being happy with their andriod and iphones and already entrenched in their ecosystems seems like a much more plausible reason.
    09-05-13 02:15 PM
    Side loading doesn't work. SideSwype just said Yelp won't work on this device.

Did the people at Blackberry even bother checking with the major apps? You;d think that would be an early step. Such arrogance. Really unbelievable in this environment -- another step backwards instead of forwards.
    09-23-13 11:16 AM
    Side loading doesn't work. SideSwype just said Yelp won't work on this device.

Did the people at Blackberry even bother checking with the major apps? You;d think that would be an early step. Such arrogance. Really unbelievable in this environment -- another step backwards instead of forwards.
    Cool, thanks. Have Yelp working on my phone. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Yelp works using this method: How to run almost any Android 2.3.3 app on BlackBerry 10 [Windows Guide] | CrackBerry.com

I have v4.0.1 running on the Q10
    any other lies you want to spread?
    09-23-13 01:48 PM
    4 months later, where are we with Yelp?

I really don't care about advanced functionality like voice instructions/directions/etc.. I think I can find my way around the location I am. I just want to look at yelp, input my location and let it tell me what's around me.. Can we sideload yelp? With 10.2.1 can we sideload a better version of yelp? When android apps are updated to require latest OS how do you guys get the older version to sideload? I know most android apps do not require latest version of Android, especially thing like Yelp, they want it to be able to run on almost all devices so I am pretty sure even latest yelp should be fine with whatever latest Anrdroid Runtime is on BB but still.

How about browser? Can we allow browser to report location to yelp mobile website? I know android browser allows this. But directions might be a problem unless it allows google maps to run in the browser. I wish they would have add-ons for BB Maps instead that would be cool.

Well, I just wanted to find out what you guys did with Yelp on Q10?
    01-18-14 11:13 PM
    Yelp has been running fine on my device for some time now with a debug token. You can install the apk directly now with 10.2.1.1055 and later. It's very functional except for the viewing on the map. It's still much better than using the website though.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:37 AM
    Yelp has been running fine on my device for some time now with a debug token. You can install the apk directly now with 10.2.1.1055 and later. It's very functional except for the viewing on the map. It's still much better than using the website though.

Posted via CB10
    Can you view it on Blackberry maps at least? You mean the map that comes with the app, right? So you cannot look at the map to find nearest places?
    01-21-14 05:01 PM