Where can i buy an unlocked Q10 device only without service?

Want to give away a Q10 as a prize for an event. But I don't know where I can buy a Q10 just phone only without buying a related phone service. Went to Best Buy and the Source; they all need you sign up for one month of service.
    06-15-13 11:59 AM
    If you're anywhere near the US border, you can buy a LOCKED Q10 for $580+tax from T-Mobile. Then take it back and get it unlocked for...$25 to $30? more.

The T-Mobile Q10 has ALL the radio bands that the Bell and Telus Q10s do, and while it doesn't have the LTE 2600 band that the Rogers Q10 has, it has the same bands as the Rogers Z10. So basically, if you're in an area where the Rogers Z10 works fully well (LTE, etc.) then the T-Mobile Q10 will also. This won't most likely be a big deal.
    06-15-13 12:23 PM
    hmm anywhere in Canada?
    06-15-13 05:41 PM
    Where can i buy an unlocked Q10 device only without service?

Want to give away a Q10 as a prize for an event. But I don't know where I can buy a Q10 just phone only without buying a related phone service. Went to Best Buy and the Source; they all need you sign up for one month of service.
    Agreed that was un impressive! I went to best buy and future shop and every time I tried to purchase one outright they wanted a contract commitement!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 05:43 PM
    T Mobile requires a account with them to buy an outright purchase. Well, in my place it does at least..i would say check Ebay

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 05:50 PM
    T Mobile requires a account with them to buy an outright purchase. Well, in my place it does at least..i would say check Ebay
    Are you sure they required an account, or pressured you into getting service? I can understand the latter, but if you went to a non third party retail store (so a T-Mobile store, and not a Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc.) they should sell you the phone if you have the $580 plus tax.

If you want the cost broken down into $100+24x$20, then you have to get service, yes. But not for a full retail purchase.
    06-15-13 06:08 PM
    Are you sure they required an account, or pressured you into getting service? I can understand the latter, but if you went to a non third party retail store (so a T-Mobile store, and not a Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc.) they should sell you the phone if you have the $580 plus tax.

If you want the cost broken down into $100+24x$20, then you have to get service, yes. But not for a full retail purchase.
    I went to the T Mobile store and I got rejected to buy the Q10 out right cause I don't have an acct with them. They completely refused me

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 06:10 PM
    I went to the T Mobile store and I got rejected to buy the Q10 out right cause I don't have an acct with them. They completely refused me
    That's BS then. You should be able to walk in and buy at full retail, account or no account. Shady store/rep.
    06-15-13 06:14 PM
    ebay is the best place to get one...
    06-15-13 07:09 PM
    That's BS then. You should be able to walk in and buy at full retail, account or no account. Shady store/rep.
    Yeah, its ********. So I just bought one on ebay and unlocked it.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 07:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well here's the thing why do they not sell phones outright!? Policy dictates that they should,as there aren't any real mandates to sell this phone on contract! I can understand if you want to maximize sales by selling the phone with contract but don't they lose more money with an unhappy client wanting to cancel because they can't buy a Q10 outright!

It's a bit absurd! I went to three future shop locations here and they will not sell one without contract! It's in the fine print in all of the adverts!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 07:42 PM