Just wondering if anyone knows where i can purchase a white Q10 outright?

Thanks
    05-10-13 08:45 AM
    I'm pretty sure rogers is the only one who offer the white models for now.
    Posted Via Q10
    05-10-13 08:58 AM
    I can sell it to you out right, but it would be locked to Rogers.
    05-10-13 08:59 AM
    I bought mine at a bell carrier store. Rogers has them, and Telus has them. Call the store ahead of time, one bell store was sold out. Also worth noting virgin sim works in a bell phone, koodo in Telus, and fido in rogers.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:23 AM
    I bought mine at a bell carrier store. Rogers has them, and Telus has them. Call the store ahead of time, one bell store was sold out. Also worth noting virgin sim works in a bell phone, koodo in Telus, and fido in rogers.

Posted via CB10
    I've never been successful purchasing anything from a Bell store outright. From 4 different Bell stores - "we won't sell outright if you don't have an account with us".
    05-10-13 09:35 AM
    I was in the following Rogers store a couple days ago and the rep there told me that the store will sell the Q10 outright as long as they have ample stock: http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontari...s/5871989.html

I almost bought a black Q10 off contract that day to accompany my white Z10. But I managed to escape before I blurted out "I'll take one."

I don't think I'll be so lucky next time. I got to stay away from Rogers stores.

Being a crackberry addict ain't easy!

Posted with my white Z10 using the CB10 app.
    05-10-13 09:46 AM
    Rogers sells them outright for sure.

Posted on my Q10
    05-10-13 09:46 AM
    Walmart? BestBuy? Carrier stores? The Source?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 on Rogers
    05-10-13 10:00 AM
    White is only available from Rogers currently and a standard Rogers Q10 will not get LTE in the USA. You need the SQN100-1 version, which is probably special order.
    05-10-13 10:03 AM
    I've never been successful purchasing anything from a Bell store outright. From 4 different Bell stores - "we won't sell outright if you don't have an account with us".
    Majority of Bell stores are franchise owned (Baka Wireless or others). They just use Bell branding and average consumer has no way of distinguishing Bell corporate store from franchised one. They get paid based on number of new contracts they sell therefore they have absolutely no motivation to sell you off-contract device. As a matter of fact (based on my own experience) they will get very rude and unpleasant if they sense you are just after the device or as soon as they see they will not be able to sell you contract. They are forbidden from selling them without contract. They are unable to resolve any customer service issues related to existing accounts (provide you with a land phone in their location where you get to call 1-800 Bell number yourself and wait on hold) and if you leave device for service they will charge you for a loaner phone(!). I've complained to Bell formally number of times about lack of support from those stores (bad experience with at least 3 franchised stores in my area). After last incident couple of years back I swore to never go back to Bell again.

There are few corporate stores (mostly in large malls) which provide better service, but you have to call around and find out which once is corporate owned.
    05-10-13 10:29 AM
    ok thanks, ill check out the Bell Store in my local mall this evening to see if i can get one. So Bell is not selling it in white, right?
    05-10-13 10:52 AM
    My bad, I'm actually not 100% sure if bell has white q10s yet. They had them on display with a price tag, but I didn't ask if they actually had any to sell. Mines black.

I'm also not sure if bell sells them without having an account with them. If that's the case, rogers for sure has them and you could unlock it for another carrier. BE CAREFUL! Don't get the wrong model number, ask very specifically which one you're getting because there is a rogers one that won't work on the other networks.

I've checked with best buy and futureshop and they explicitly told me they will not be selling them outright for a few months and only carrier stores do so.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 01:10 PM
    Just wondering if anyone knows where i can purchase a white Q10 outright?

Thanks
    Your best chance is virgin, koodo and fido. Costco also allow outright purchase under prepaid plan.

I would try to nab a koodo since it's cheapest to purchase outright 625$
    05-10-13 01:53 PM
    Hi, all.

When the phones are hot like this many carriers don't like to sell "outright" and instead hope that you'll pick up a 3 year prison sentence contract.

If you want a white Rogers phone then ask for a pre-paid FIDO phone instead. It's the same hardware and the SIM is free - and everyone goes away happy.

However - do NOT put the FIDO SIM in the phone until after you put your ROGERS SIM in, instead. That way you don't risk locking the phone to FIDO when you wanted Rogers.

If you need a white Q10 on a non-ROGERS network then you'll have to use the CrackBerry Unlock services to handle that.
    05-11-13 05:10 PM