I want Autocorrect but sometimes it corrects the wrong things and I can't seem to find out how to change it so it keeps "correcting" me. For eg. the latest annoyance is that it keeps changing "cos" to "co's".

It's not in word substitution. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:54 PM
    If you swipe up on the space bar it will put the word you want in, and can then tap on it when it's underlined in red to add to your personal dictionary

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4828
    09-11-13 12:26 AM
    If you swipe up on the space bar it will put the word you want in, and can then tap on it when it's underlined in red to add to your personal dictionary

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4828
    Wrong forum, this is for the Q10.

OP, if you go to Settings > Language and Input > Prediction and Correction you can turn on "Show Predictions which will add the on-screen predictions and you can train your keyboard better.

See the screenshot to see how it looks.
    Where is Autocorrect getting its words from?-img_00001144.png

https://sideswype.me | Sideload BARs OTA on BlackBerry 10
    09-11-13 12:44 AM
    Doh, sorry

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4828
    09-11-13 03:02 AM

OP, if you go to Settings > Language and Input > Prediction and Correction you can turn on "Show Predictions which will add the on-screen predictions and you can train your keyboard better.

See the screenshot to see how it looks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001144.png 
Views:	474 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	200521

Thanks for the tip. I'm just wondering why it can't learn that I don't want certain things to be changed to certain things without prediction. I even wonder where the first instance of it turning "cos" into "co's" even occur. And why even after the multiple times I backspace to remove the autocorrect it doesn't learn that I don't want that.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 07:12 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I'm just wondering why it can't learn that I don't want certain things to be changed to certain things without prediction. I even wonder where the first instance of it turning "cos" into "co's" even occur. And why even after the multiple times I backspace to remove the autocorrect it doesn't learn that I don't want that.

Posted via CB10
    If you catch it right away, it should learn after a few times. As soon as you start typing another word, it takes that as you accepting it.

09-12-13 12:12 PM
    When you go into your custom dictionary, remove what you dont want, like co's. The dictionary is very good for adding your own short-hand. I have several little 3 letter (codes) that instruct the Q10 to spit out multiple lines of info.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 06:28 AM
    When you go into your custom dictionary, remove what you dont want, like co's. The dictionary is very good for adding your own short-hand. I have several little 3 letter (codes) that instruct the Q10 to spit out multiple lines of info.

Posted via CB10
    Where can I find this custom dictionary? I have never added anything to it before.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 06:47 AM
    Settings -> Language and Input -> Prediction and Correction -> Word Substitution

I use this often! Also, in the same location is a button to "clear learned words." The cos to co's might be a learned word and not a substitution (it didn't show in my OS-inherited substitution list). Depending on how many words your BlackBerry has learned, you may or may not want to clear the list. I didn't click on it so I don't know if it gives you any options or if it just automatically clears all learned words.

Finally, your personal dictionary is located here: Settings -> Language and Input -> Spell Check -> Edit Personal Dictionary. You can check to make sure co's didn't get added here.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 08:28 AM
    No wonder. I don't have spell check turned on (which is why I never added anything to the personal dictionary) and I've also cleared learnt words and "co's" is not in my substitution list which is why I'm puzzled and wondering where it's from!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 09:04 AM