I have a Q10, which I'm very very happy with.
    I'm about to buy a Classic, because of the battery life bump, because I want os 10.3.1 now, and I love hardware updates.

But, what I would really love is a real update of the Q10, i.e. :
    - better CPU (not same as in Classic)

- Better screen (not worse as in Classic)

- No tool belt (really I don't want it, I'm way more happy since I have a more compact phone, and space for useful things like screen and keyboard). I mean, give people choice to have it or not ? Wasn't it the point of BB10 to have a perfect touch/buttons balance and get rid of the belt ? Seemed perfect to me. And I think to a lot of people...
    - Better battery life (not almost the same, really better)
    Better built quality (I had to change my Q10 twice because battery loose made it restart constantly)

I mean... 18 months for a non-upgrade ? OS is great, Q10 was great, but do I need to keep my phone 36 months before I see a better one, like it was with my curve/bold ?

Or is a proper Q10 update/successor coming ? Hello ? BlackBerry ?

Posted via CB10
    sacha_is_good likes this.
    01-31-15 03:26 AM
    Go to rumoured devices section and look at Victoria/ visa

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 05:15 AM
    From what I understand Victoria/Visa is a totally new concept.
    What I want right now, it's not for BlackBerry to spend tons on R&D, it's just to update/enhance the Q10.

Why not just an update of the Q10, and maybe a price drop, 18 months after its launch ?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 05:52 AM
    From what I understand Victoria/Visa is a totally new concept.
    What I want right now, it's not for BlackBerry to spend tons on R&D, it's just to update/enhance the Q10.

Why not just an update of the Q10, and maybe a price drop, 18 months after its launch ?

Posted via CB10
    I'd also love a Q10 successor. Or a Q5 update. Same size, just better specs, higher-res screen, LCD instead of IPS, integrated battery, bug-free keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 10:51 AM
    Would just like Sprint to push a 10.3 update, and I'd be content.

Posted from my Timex Sinclair 2068 Personal Color Computer
    Marthaelisa17 likes this.
    02-01-15 11:59 AM
    BlackBerry just doesn't have the resources to cater to all of the markets. They are in survival mode now.
    02-01-15 04:59 PM
    Your best upgrade to Q10 would be Passport. Maybe they will make a smaller version that's a "true" upgrade to Q10. I'm not sure if I see that happening until the end of this year though with the Classic 2.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 05:28 PM
    Given the tepid response to the Q10, it seems unlikely that BlackBerry will upgrade its specs. It might make more sense for them to upgrade the Classic and Passport a year after their respective launches.

As a satisfied Q10 owner, I hope that BlackBerry continues to provide the Q10 with OS upgrades at least until 10.4.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    02-01-15 05:38 PM
    Seems like Passport is an upgrade to Q10. Only the AT&T version with rounded corners.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-01-15 11:06 PM
    Would just like Sprint to push a 10.3 update, and I'd be content.

Posted from my Timex Sinclair 2068 Personal Color Computer
    Amen to that.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 08:14 AM
    You're asking for someone who has a huge wart on face to make their **** highter and tighter.

We are talking about less than half a percent market share and declining. A new q10 as much as I'd love one makes little business sense.

BlackBerry can't win the apps battle. Chicken or egg. They need a hail hail hail Mary td but they don't have the arm or receivers to throw it to.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    02-02-15 09:14 AM
    Thats stupid. They got the passport out for attention and the classic to bring over legacy users. Developing a new q10 with better specs, throw in a responsive keyboard (keep it 4 rows) and keep battery replacement. Every q10 owner would buy one to upgrade and I dont see an immense developing cost for that...

They should do it, q10 perfect sized, the keyboard is awesome (except double typing) and the design is awesome...

Posted via CB10
    sacha_is_good and hlg8888 like this.
    02-02-15 11:11 AM
    I agree! Love my Q10. I have a classic waiting to return. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I love the design of the Q10 over the classic.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    02-02-15 06:30 PM
    The next iteration of the Classic will be the Q10 upgrade. Think about it logically, it can't be worse or the same?

You'll find out the first week of March when BlackBerry releases their roadmap for the year.

Posted via 10.3.1
    02-02-15 09:30 PM
    The next iteration of the Classic will be the Q10 upgrade. Think about it logically, it can't be worse or the same?

You'll find out the first week of March when BlackBerry releases their roadmap for the year.

Posted via 10.3.1
    Yeah, I guess the Classic 2 is the one to wait for.

I tried the classic and the performance wasn't great. The trackpad too tiny. And the new keys feel like screen and have sharp edges and look ****ty.

If the Classic 2 has island toolbelt keys like a curve, I'll buy two.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 10:39 PM
    I just received my Classic (340 euros in France).
    First impression : it big, probably too big.
    I'll post my impression and pros and cons vs the Q10 soon

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    02-09-15 03:29 AM
    I just received my Classic (340 euros in France).
    First impression : it big, probably too big.
    I'll post my impression and pros and cons vs the Q10 soon

Posted via CB10
    Where did you buy the Classic at that price in France ? All i've seen are around 400�. Bought the Q10 300� unlocked 6 months ago.
    02-09-15 03:57 AM
    Same size with Q10, but a better screen/frame ratio(i dont know how you say it in english actually), let's say screen is 3,5inch. Trackpad integrated keyboard like passport. That sounds good for me although this q10 is enough for me.

Posted via Q10
    Last edited by barisxpeace; 02-09-15 at 08:50 AM.
    02-09-15 04:30 AM
    I completely agree with everything said.

Question:
    What do you guys think about getting an extra q10? I'm really wondering if there will be a replacement any time soon and if my q10 last until the next update? Will the next update be what we want, or will be have to settle for something like a classic or classic 2?

How long do you think until a proper q10 replacement will come out? I'm talking about everything you guys said (except an integrated battery.. that sounds like a bad idea)
    hlg8888 likes this.
    02-09-15 07:41 AM
    I completely agree with everything said.

Question:
    What do you guys think about getting an extra q10? I'm really wondering if there will be a replacement any time soon and if my q10 last until the next update? Will the next update be what we want, or will be have to settle for something like a classic or classic 2?

How long do you think until a proper q10 replacement will come out? I'm talking about everything you guys said (except an integrated battery.. that sounds like a bad idea)
    Dude, the double-typing isn't worth it. I'd get an extra Q5.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 07:48 AM
    Where did you buy the Classic at that price in France ? All i've seen are around 400�. Bought the Q10 300� unlocked 6 months ago.
    Hi,
    I bought mine from Orange, they seem to have a 100 euros discount, I checked this morning, the price is still the same.
    And, if I'm not wrong, it should be unlocked when you order it.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 02:33 AM
    So,

After 2 days with th Classic, some first impressions :

1- it's large
    Which is not so bad, as obviously it gives more keyboard space. Keyboard is slightly more confortable than with the Q10
    2- it's tall
    Which for me is the downside.
    I mean, the classic is much less a "one hand/one thumb" device than the Q10. It was great to be able to do everything with one hand only, while walking or doing something else.
    The bigger screen makes it harder to reach things with your thumb
    3- it has a toolbelt
    Well, it's obvious, it's the whole thing about this device.
    The toolbelt feels not as bad as I thought it would. You use it because it makes sense. But I feel so much going backwards when I use it ! And each time I use it, I remember I was able to do the exact same action without any toolbelt on the Q10.
    It just feels unnecessary. And a bit cheap in the feeling/clicking, after you went with the touch+keyboard on the Q10.
    Oh, and, you remember I said it was too tall ? Well, if you just take the toolbelt out, it would be perfect height, no ? I mean like the Q10 ?
    4- it's heavy
    It feels heavy. It's not so bad, just a little bad. And I would not mind, if it was about bigger battery. But it's not. I don't understand how they kept the same specs as Q10, and had so much additional weight, without making a major battery bump
    5- the screen is... well...
    Bad ! I mean everything is bad about the screen. Color, viewing angles, reflections. I get sad each time my classic sits next to the Q10 and I get to compare screens.

So far I'm still nostalgic about my Q10. The only good thing about the Classic is the better keyboard.
    Also the Q10 had much better design details (not the back cover though...).
    Note to blackberry on design : why do you keep changing font details from on device to another on the keyboard ? Consistency is important when you are trying to show your design/identity strengths.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 02:55 AM
    Well that confirms my suspicions about the Classic. We need a Q15 or Q11.
    02-10-15 06:10 AM
    I just want Sprint to get an update! I thought this month would be it but apparently not so! What to do?

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    02-10-15 07:12 AM
    I just want Sprint to get an update! I thought this month would be it but apparently not so! What to do?

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    You still have a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    Marthaelisa17 likes this.
    02-10-15 11:53 AM