a) be equipped with speed dialing? b) have application shortcuts, as the BBOS has? c) have the ability to delete e-mails on both the phone and the server? d) have the ability to keep e-mails longer than 30 days? When BB10 has these things, there will be nothing keeping those of us on legacy BB's from switching. Oh, and a virtual trackpad would be great too! Looking forward to upgrading, but would miss some of these things just too much!
    phylez likes this.
    05-20-13 04:29 PM
    Application shortcuts? What do you mean? There's an icon to open every app and messaging is done with the Hub. You don't need any track pad at all with BlackBerry 10 because of gestures and cascades.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:09 PM
    You can also use the browser, easily - for webmail access. Like, gmail.com for example, or whatever you use to see older messages. You can place an icon as a shortcut to your webmail login page in a folder or on your home screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:15 PM
    I was referring to application shortcuts - such as C for contacts, M for messages, O for options, L for calendar, U for calculator, etc. A simple touch, no gestures necessary.
    05-20-13 07:08 PM
    a) be equipped with speed dialing? b) have application shortcuts, as the BBOS has? c) have the ability to delete e-mails on both the phone and the server? d) have the ability to keep e-mails longer than 30 days? When BB10 has these things, there will be nothing keeping those of us on legacy BB's from switching. Oh, and a virtual trackpad would be great too! Looking forward to upgrading, but would miss some of these things just too much!
    My Q10 does delete emails on both my phone and e-mail....its weird....all I do is select delete and guess what....it does just that! On both my phone and email!
    And the over 30 days as already been addressed with the latest update.
    So yeah, problems solved.

Posted via my Q10 via the awesome CB10 app!
    05-20-13 07:43 PM
    And technically the Q10 never had the problem with keeping emails for longer then 30 days as the Q10 was release with OS 10.1

Aeons likes this.
    05-20-13 07:44 PM
    Wife just upgraded to the Q10 from her 9900 and she misses nothing from it. All I get is "this thing is so fast." Take the plunge, you won't be disappointed.

posted via CB10
    05-20-13 09:48 PM
    I was referring to application shortcuts - such as C for contacts, M for messages, O for options, L for calendar, U for calculator, etc. A simple touch, no gestures necessary.
    I'm on the Dev Alpha C and I kinda miss my shortcuts, but at the same time usually I spend my time in my browser or 4 apps, CB10, Snooby, Facebook, BBM, so I don't really need them as they are on the homescreen.

Posted via Dec Alpha C
    05-20-13 11:22 PM
    I am really hoping for this to come back also.
    On my 9900 there was a setting for universal search or shortcuts on the home screen. I think it needs to come back.
    And the search function was also just one key press away if you wanted it.
    05-22-13 08:02 AM
    And technically the Q10 never had the problem with keeping emails for longer then 30 days as the Q10 was release with OS 10.1

Hi,
    I just got a Q10 and seem to only get 30 days of email max. I have no option to increase the limit above 30 days when I setup a new mail account.
    Any tips?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 08:14 AM
    Hi,
    I just got a Q10 and seem to only get 30 days of email max. I have no option to increase the limit above 30 days when I setup a new mail account.
    Any tips?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Just checked on my z10 and can confirm that I have an option for 90 days but on the Q10 only 30 days for mail!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 08:59 AM
    Hey Aeons,

It should be there. Go into your email account settings, you will have to go into advance settings for that email. Then, at the very bottom will be your sync timeframe. Select forever.

When will the Q10 be able to....-img_00000126.png

05-22-13 10:45 AM
    The Forever option is only available for ActiveSync accounts, with the latest 10.1.0.273 you can have up to 90 days for IMAP and I'm not sure about POP3

delete on phone only won't ever be available on ActiveSync or IMAP because it is not part of those protocols. You could only have that in the past because of the proprietary BIS on 7.X and older, which won't ever be available on BB10.

BES + Exchange + BBOS 7.x allowed delete on phone only, I do not know if BES10 + Exchange + BB10 does, a BES10 admin will have to answer that.

Delete on phone and server at the same time is the default and only behaviour for ActiveSync and IMAP.

Posted via CB10
    OldSkoolVWLover and Aeons like this.
    05-22-13 11:28 AM
    Hey Aeons,

It should be there. Go into your email account settings, you will have to go into advance settings for that email. Then, at the very bottom will be your sync timeframe. Select forever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000126.png 
Views:	214 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	164116

Thanks for your help, im only using IMAP accounts and no active sync. And I just worked out im still on 10.1.0.238 with the Q10. Guess I'll have to wait for the update.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 01:39 PM
    Thanks for your help, im only using IMAP accounts and no active sync. And I just worked out im still on 10.1.0.238 with the Q10. Guess I'll have to wait for the update.

Posted via CB10
    I thought of a work around - kind of embarassing but it 100% works....
    ...If you have a friend with an iphone 4 or even an older droid.
    ...Just ask them to borrow their phone, set up your email account.
    ...Then when it loads up find the email you need then forward it to yourself from the other phone.

Perfect "work around".
    05-24-13 04:15 PM