Although I understand that the new BlackBerry is built from the ground up, I don't understand why they took away basic features, like the ability to choose what you hear when a specific person texts. I miss this feature. Does any one know if this is on BlackBerry's agenda to implement in a future update. It says for messages in the options, but I tested it, and it doesn't work!
    When are we going to be able to add custom sms tones!-img_00000099.png

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 01:59 PM
    Although I understand that the new BlackBerry is built from the ground up, I don't understand why they took away basic features, like the ability to choose what you hear when a specific person texts. I miss this feature. Does any one know if this is on BlackBerry's agenda to implement in a future update. It says for messages in the options, but I tested it, and it doesn't work!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000099.png 
Views:	468 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	169329

Posted via CB10
    I agree, I just wish I could get my custom Ringtones for BBM just to work.
    06-07-13 02:23 PM
    What is the best way to tell BlackBerry they need to add that feature for the Q10? I am very disappointed I cannot assign a custom ringtone for certain contacts like my husband and children.
    06-19-13 05:59 PM
    What is the best way to tell BlackBerry they need to add that feature for the Q10? I am very disappointed I cannot assign a custom ringtone for certain contacts like my husband and children.
    But you can! Go to Contacts, click on the specific person, click "edit" (the little pencil at the bottom of the screen), scroll all the way to the bottom of their profile and you will see "Set custom ring tones and notifications for this contact". Click the bar right below that, that says "Ring Tone and Notifications", select the ting tone or whatever you want for that person, hit the "<" button when done, then click "save" at the top right of the screen. Now that contact has a personalized ring tone.

You have to do this from contacts, not the notifications screen.
    outlib likes this.
    06-19-13 08:45 PM
    it's only working for phone calls not texts or emails.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    08-19-13 08:47 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000099.png 
Views:	468 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	169329

Posted via CB10
    Want The Legacy Sounds To Play More Than Once? http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-times-817576/
    08-20-13 07:14 AM