Help- how much longer do I have to wait for Verizon and the Q? I may break down and get the Z before I even see the Q...

Via Blackberry Bold & Tapatalk
    04-18-13 09:24 PM
    04-18-13 09:29 PM
    Don't do it. We only have a few more weeks left! Any day now!

Says the man who has had a z10 for at least a month now

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:11 PM
    NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! My 9930 has been acting wonky these last few weeks, and my upgrade has been available for over 6 months....
    04-19-13 11:37 AM
    Were all thin the same boat. My upgrade was available a year ago and have been waiting for longer than that for the Q. I have still been rocking my trusty 9930, the way I see it is that I waited this long I think I can handles a few more weeks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    Hit me up - 32FCEF27
    04-19-13 12:08 PM
    Amanda: I was pleased to read your reply. Tell me more. How do you know it will be out soon on VZW? Do you have any specific target date? Thanks, beemm
    dobermans rule likes this.
    04-19-13 02:22 PM
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but click the link!
    04-19-13 03:28 PM
    For you guys waiting, just hang on a little longer.

As you can see by my secret squirrel forum name, I'm a loyal and happy 9930 user. One for work and a personal. I couldn't wait and got the Z10. I've had it for over a month now. It's an amazing device, but I can't type on a virtual keyboard with any luck - regardless of device brand. That said, I love the Z10 and will keep it, but I will be adding a Q10 to the mix so that I can type an email with fluidity. Nothing replaces a physical keyboard - nothing.

The good news is the new OS will amaze you and the images, speed, and internet is the fastest you've ever experienced on any device. You will be amazed, by will also miss a few of the legacy OS features that we've all come to love, but in due time, you'll be converted and will have no lingering issues. When I pick up my 9930, the keyboard just begs me to start typing and I find myself longing for it after a day.

You guys will be happy very soon.
    austriker, eelect and j21jam6 like this.
    04-19-13 08:30 PM
    I think you drank too much Kool Aid
    OMGitworks likes this.
    04-19-13 09:34 PM
    I'm not sure about how much Kool Aid he drank (he's been using a Z10, sounds like he likes the new OS), but the sandwich in your .avi looks delicious!
    04-20-13 07:51 AM
    Thanks.

Verizon is always a little slower than the others for releasing smartphones (and updates). Hopefully Mid May, but we've been here before.... So we "know" it will be later than that.

I think late May to mid June - that is my guess.
    04-20-13 08:29 AM
    My problem is if Verizon pulls the same crap with updates that it doss with Android: i.e. MONTHS after the update is put out. If BlackBerry cares about their image I hope they won't take that crap.
    04-20-13 12:56 PM
    Im havin flashbacks to my Storm...
    04-20-13 06:38 PM
    Hey- everyone! I called my local Verizon store today and was told "end of next week" on the Q. Awesome! Can't wait.

04-21-13 07:18 PM
    Hey- everyone! I called my local Verizon store today and was told "end of next week" on the Q. Awesome! Can't wait.

Are we talking like April 26th or May 3rd? "Next week" is kinda vague, so I'm just double-checking.
    04-21-13 08:36 PM

I need a little more information then that to even be excited...none of the US carriers have said anything about the release of the Q, how does this rep have so much information?
    04-21-13 09:45 PM
    We were at our local Verizon store yesterday and my Wife asked the gal about the Q10. The store rep said that she saw it in the system with a picture of it but doesn't know anything beyond that.
    04-22-13 08:59 AM
    I need a little more information then that to even be excited...none of the US carriers have said anything about the release of the Q, how does this rep have so much information?
    Gosh! Party-Pooper. I don't know. Maybe he was only speculating. All I know is that's what he told me.

04-22-13 10:23 AM
    Are we talking like April 26th or May 3rd? "Next week" is kinda vague, so I'm just double-checking.
    Good point. I assumed he meant this Friday or weekend (4/26, 27, 28).
    You guys are killing my buzz!

04-22-13 10:24 AM
    There is no way it's going to be this week, Thorsten even said in an interview it would be May. Also, we'd know if employees were training on these in the stores, and we haven't heard anything yet.
    04-22-13 11:00 AM
    Gosh! Party-Pooper. I don't know. Maybe he was only speculating. All I know is that's what he told me.

Haha, I'm just saying there is a lot of information out there that says otherwise. Don't get me wrong i really hope that rep was right and I get it in my hands as soon as possible.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    Hit me up - 32FCEF27
    04-22-13 11:04 AM
    Just keep in mind Verizon always launches new devices on Thursdays....
    04-22-13 11:14 AM
    Another thing to keep in mind is Crackberry is planning to stay in NYC through mid-May, and I'm pretty sure they plan to be here to cover the launch of the Q10 in the U.S.
    04-22-13 11:28 AM
    First of all, I think it is obnoxious that the US is not getting the Q10 sooner. And, everything I have read indicates an end of May AVAILABILITY of the unit. So, perhaps Verizon will be putting it up on their website, but I am guessing it will say...."Available Soon".....And then you can click a link to indicate your interest in the Q10, then and about the third week of May we will be able to preorder. Just my opinion.
    04-24-13 07:11 AM
    Help- how much longer do I have to wait for Verizon and the Q? I may break down and get the Z before I even see the Q...

Yesterday would have been good If you like your Bold keyboard, be patient and get the Q. I had the Z and the on screen keyboard just wasn't all that great.
    04-24-13 08:36 AM