I like to delete a lot of emails at once by holding down on date and then touching trash can.
    It will say " delete all prior".

The only problem is it deletes emails I have flagged or filed as well.

How do I save my flagged emails from this type of delete?
    09-14-13 09:55 PM
    Hi sw723,

"Delete all prior" is just that.. it deletes ALL prior messages.. if you want to selectively delete you can press and hold on a message.. then click select more and select all the ones you'd like to delete.
    09-14-13 10:21 PM
    To avoid deleting filed entries when deleting prior, go to Hub - Settings - Display and Actions and change Show Filed Messages to Off.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 10:36 PM
    To avoid deleting filed entries when deleting prior, go to Hub - Settings - Display and Actions and change Show Filed Messages to Off.

Posted via CB10
    Now why didn't I think of that..

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 11:26 PM
    This did not work. It still deleted the flagged messages.
    09-15-13 07:43 AM
    Flagged does not mean filed. But if you file the messages you flag, and turn on hide filed, then that should work.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 07:56 AM
    This did not work either. It deleted the filed emails! HELP!
    09-15-13 08:15 AM
    Can anyone help me on this?
    09-15-13 05:29 PM
    No one can help on this? Wow.. I thought the gurus of crackberry would have solved this long ago.

In my old 8700c, if I saved them, they could not be deleted unless I unsaved them.
    09-17-13 02:59 PM
    One of the things I do in order to contrast that, is daily maintainance of email accounts. I normally go through the emails and delete them on the getgo as they come in or when I have actually replied or filed everything.

That keeps my emails updated with only the ones I want on my phone.

Other than that you can use the filters. For example, the distribution list emails with stats and reports I get every day are too many. Try filtering and deleting those through the filter? (I have not tried this actually but I think it may work.

The only thing I find as a real solution is daily maintainance but then again maybe this is my ocd talking...

I ll have a more detailed look on that one of the coming days and let you know if I come up with something. If in the meantime you try the filter and it works please let us know.

Cheers.

"Hey that is my Q... 10... via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-17-13 05:11 PM
    Ok, I have just tried this:

Go to the hub (I would suggest you initially do that with one account with not so many important stuff in). Go to search. Tap on the upper right stripes button. Mark a filter. Fill in the search with the relevant parameter.

Then if you delete all prior, only the ones meeting the search parameters, i.e the search results, will be deleted.

This will enable you to do some bulk deletion. Eventhough not a perfect solution, it is the best I could come up with at the moment.

Hope that helps.
    I hope that the option of not deleting dragged mails in bulk "delete prior" action comes in soon though, that is something that would really help truth be said.

All the best,

"Hey that is my Q... 10... via CB10
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 09-17-13 at 06:53 PM.
    Jonneh and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    09-17-13 05:17 PM
    Thanks for trying but even that is too cumbersome.. Seems to me, that it would be so easy for the gurus of the blackberry world to apply a simple fix of "save" for texts and emails.

Does that make sense?
    09-17-13 07:36 PM
    This did not work either. It deleted the filed emails! HELP!
    On my device I've noticed that filed emails will have to be marked as read before they are hidden from view if you set Show Filed Messages to "Off". I have no idea why it's made like this.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 10:03 PM
    Hi. I just upgraded to the Q10 from a 9670 ( I know...). When deleting emails, there used to be a option to delete from the phone only and not the actual email server. I learned today as I was clearing some emails from the phone, I had also deleted them from the email server. Is there an option available, am I missing something, or is that just the way it is now?

Thanks!
    09-19-13 03:03 PM
    Hi. I just upgraded to the Q10 from a 9670 ( I know...). When deleting emails, there used to be a option to delete from the phone only and not the actual email server. I learned today as I was clearing some emails from the phone, I had also deleted them from the email server. Is there an option available, am I missing something, or is that just the way it is now?

Thanks!
    No more bis. That's why you can't have delete on phone only option.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:35 PM
    Thanks for trying but even that is too cumbersome.. Seems to me, that it would be so easy for the gurus of the blackberry world to apply a simple fix of "save" for texts and emails.

Does that make sense?
    Hmm
    Now we have a legit issue, in my mind. Some great solutions or work around presented, I'm very impressed honestly!

Since flagged messages - non Bes ones - show up in the Remember apps "Unfiled" folder... I'm curious if going there first, moving the filed message (make a test email, flag it then move it from) Unfiled to another folder, does this action works?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 04:48 AM