Hey there. In the group chat on the above part where the group name is, it would show which contacts are in the group chat. I can see all my friends name but it shows my number. is this normal or should my number be shown as "you"? It is as though whatsapp does not recognise my number.

I have already went into setting, security & privacy and put in the same number in the sim card as in the whatsapp. Any solution to this or is q10 just made to be that way? Thanks.
    06-12-13 11:56 AM
    do you have yourself as a contact in your main contact app? if not it'll only recognize you by number
    06-12-13 12:00 PM
    Hi Amir,
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

From Hub or home screens, swipe down from top and select Settings. Scroll down to Security and Privacy, then select Application Permissions. Find WhatsApp and ensure all permissions are set to On. Hit Back to save if you made any changes, then close Settings.

If everything was already On, then follow advice of both posts above and make a contact for yourself in Contacts app.
    06-12-13 12:04 PM
    I just add my number to my contact list. I got another blackberry which I don't have to do sucha thing though. Q10 prolly still have bugs in them.
    06-12-13 12:28 PM
    I don't have to add myself in contacts for my other blackberry. Not sure why Q10 is such. >.<
    06-12-13 12:29 PM
    Hey man. I've updated.
    06-12-13 12:30 PM
    In whats app can i start a group chat with just my regular contacts...or do the contacts i want to start a group chat with need to have whats app installed...

thanks
    06-12-13 12:33 PM
    They need to have a whatsapp app bro.
    para4175 likes this.
    06-12-13 12:41 PM
    Hey there. In the group chat on the above part where the group name is, it would show which contacts are in the group chat. I can see all my friends name but it shows my number. is this normal or should my number be shown as "you"? It is as though whatsapp does not recognise my number.

I have already went into setting, security & privacy and put in the same number in the sim card as in the whatsapp. Any solution to this or is q10 just made to be that way? Thanks.
    This specific issue is a bug, and should be fixed in the next release. The suggested workarounds, which involve adding your number to the phone's address book, should help take care of it for now.
    Elite1 and Kris Simundson like this.
    06-12-13 01:30 PM