Ok I'm into week two with my Q10 and this issue is killing me. I have about 5 email accts across at least 3 different services and my Q10 between 1 to 5 times a day will do the "gong" sound and tell me some or all of my accts are not responding. Well bugger that!!

I reenter passwords, all ok for some time (like a few hrs) then ping it's offline again. This happens with Gmail, iCloud, and my work IMAP accounts. What's the point??? I miss my 9900.

I wiped my iPad, playbook and any other device that might have been accessing these email accounts also, but my laptop still does, and that never was a problem before.

Been playing around with push or no push, time delay between checking, everything and NOTHING fixes this stupid bug.

I am constantly re-entering passwords - just like my playbook before and this is NO good! Anyone else have this problem? Its terrible. I get 120 emails a day and I need this to be solid!!!

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 03:25 AM
    Nope. The only time I've had to type in passwords for my email was during the initial set up of the account on my Q10.

I have 5 email accounts:
    2 Gmail automatically set up as IMAP
    2 Hotmail automatically set up as POP
    1 Yahoo automatically set up as IMAP
    07-07-13 03:36 AM
    I have the same issue, I run a few different email accounts on my Q10 and several times a day I will have to re-enter my password. There is one account which is particularly bad and does this more than the others, although they all do play up at times.
    Might go back to me BB Torch as I never had the issue there as it used BIS emails.
    It really is very frustrating and had I known of the issue prior to buying the Q10, I wouldn't have bothered.
    Hopefully BB provide a solution for this, quickly.
    07-07-13 03:36 AM
    Yes it's shocking to see such a "bug". Its driving me crazy.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 06:25 PM
    Is Q10 worth the frustration?
    07-07-13 09:35 PM
    I'm not sure. I love the LTE, browser, hotspot that works (unlike you, 9900) and the OS and apps. But without reliable email, it's kinda lame... who else has these email problems??!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 01:05 AM
    Hmm, make sure you guys enable IMAP on the desktop e-mail settings. That might be causing it to conflict with the BB as an external/alien device every time.

I have linked my college e-mail and personal g-mail with my BB and it has NEVER asked me for my password after I set it up.
    07-08-13 01:31 AM
    The Gmail account works fine with no problems. My internet service provider's email service has the re-enter password bug occasionally. At least it doesn't eat the last 30 days of emails like the Z10 did with the same email host.

Never had any problems with my BB7 device with that particular email account.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 03:25 AM
    Ring your carrier and ask!! mine had been doing this since i got it, incoming emails were fine, all whats app fine, etc. only thing it wouldnt do was send emails, turns out Orange helpflly put a block on my number when i upgraded from my old berry!!!
    worth a ten minute call to your carrier to ask them to check!!!
    07-08-13 05:00 AM
    i was having this problem too, as well as bbm voice/video not working properly. i have found that i had taken mine off LTE and it wasn't working right, even when there isn't LTE around. Its been a couple of days now, so far so good
    07-12-13 05:03 AM
    Are you saying turning off LTE helped? Or turning it on?

Mine forces a password re-entry multiple times per day. I took any extra devices around the home and cleared them so they weren't accessing those same email accounts. All my accts are IMAP. Its so frustrating. I miss BIS....

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 02:31 PM
    I spoke to my mail providers in the end and seems bb10's need a Roving smtp hence the constant issues,
    Maybe worth asking your mail providers technical support for the details!
    07-13-13 02:45 PM
    I have the same problem with the Q10 - gmail is fine but my POP keeps dropping and I have to re-enter password 20 times a day. Never had this problem with the 9900
    07-17-13 09:41 AM
    Ok after a few calls to my carrier, I got a nice guy who was actually helpful and a BlackBerry guy.

He told me to load the latest Fw leak, after trying a security wipe, reinstall, add new accounts etc.

I just went for it and installed 10.1.0.4687 and bam! Problems have not come in 48 hrs! Fingers crossed...

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 06:21 PM