Ok. Today I called to buy a Q10 for my GF. She now has 9700 and is connected to their corporate network email. It is NOT a corporate phone, she owns it. But they have let her connect to their email /calendar.

Now before i got the Q10 I asked if it works with the email server and they couldn't answer. I guess it needs a new BES10, right?

So what happens if the company hasn't upgraded? Is there any other way? Or basically unless they upgrade, she can't be using a BB10 at all. While she could use any iOS or Android. If so, this sucks big time and might prevent many from getting bb10.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 03:39 PM
    I have had the same problem/frustration. My company used Microsoft Exchange 2007. I can't sync my new Q10 to the server. I phone and android users have no problems. My 9900 (which I just gave to my son) worked perfectly. Blackberry support was no help @ all and closed the ticket because they didn't hear back from me - because I couldn't access my work email on the Q10! T-Mobile helped and found out Exchange 2007 wasn't supported. I finally downloaded Touchdown from Blackberry world and while it works, it's very slow and inconsistent. I hope someone @ BlackBerry will add an ability to sync to older work servers!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:40 PM
    If your company run exchange 2007 (like my company), you simply have to enable active sync. To find out if they have activesync, just look around and see if you can find any ipads/droid phone that is hooked up to work email. If there are, chances are they have activesync enabled.

Activesync - allows u to get exchange email with basic policy, works on most platforms.

Bes 10 - allows u to get exchange email with IT policy applied to ur bb10, to control the "work" part of BlackBerry balance, such as BT range, pw policy etc...

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 12:42 AM