In answer to your question, I actually am really enjoying the Q5 experience.

This is because I really like the size of the Q5 phone in hand and pocket. Also I enjoy the very minimalist aesthetic of the design. And the screen is easier to see compared to the Amoled.

The performance of the device is as good as the Q10 in my usage. It seems just as fast to me. I never use the HDMI. I never once removed the battery in my Q10, and the odd time when I got low and had to use the battery bundle on the Q10, I just plugged in the bundle rather than swap batteries. And if anything, my experience is that the battery lasts longer in the Q5. By 10pm usually the Q5 is at 50% compared to 35% on the Q10.

The one weakness about the Q5 that I found was it is a little slippery to hold without a case. So that is easily remedied with an inexpensive soft or hard case.

And the 10.3 works very well on it.

I don't use apps so the 8g isn't an issue. I'm 80 % communications with the phone, including talking.

So my decision to go with the Q5 isn't about the lowest cost. I already own the Q10, Z10 and Z30. Rather the decision is based on usability.

(also, if folks are looking for a backup phone or travel phone, consider the Q5)

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm in the process of distributing BlackBerrys to my employees; but I was thinking of going the Bold 9900 or 9930 route instead of the Q5 or Q10 mainly because I've never used the Q5 and I've found the BlackBerry 10 software to be more difficult to get used to for non-BlackBerry users.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    04-16-15 05:20 AM
    Huh? Doesn't mean that at all. BlackBerry travel does the job too for majority of airlines. I'm saying every BlackBerry 10 user should understand what apps are available to them and the issue is more complex than just having BlackBerry flicking their fingers to get developer support. The number one way to get native apps is for BlackBerry 10 users to demand it directly to those developers and I don't think enough people are doing that.

Posted via CB10
    I use BlackBerry Travel like my life depends on it.

*goes to check flight information for the morning*

04-16-15 05:24 AM
    The sentence should be: how can a business man function without a BlackBerry!!

And that I agree with! I used all! And nothing beats the hub!

Posted via CB10
    Ys sir agreed.

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    04-16-15 05:25 AM
    What's A BlackBerry Without A Businessman?
    Nothing but a phone with a bunch of keys. My point exactly. They go hand in hand.

Warios likes this.
    04-16-15 05:26 AM
    04-16-15 05:30 AM
    And Android phones cannot open Excel files? By the way, real Excel work is not looking at spreadsheets and changing a number or two. Real Excel work is using macros, pivot tables, and importing & exporting data between Excel & Access and dealing with thousands of records. The type of Excel work you're mentioning is Mickey Mouse stuff. As for productivity, the fact that a BB10 phone can open a program half a second faster than an Android or IPhone and saying it's more productive is ludicrous.
    You'd need a computer...you know that.

04-16-15 05:33 AM
    Huh? Doesn't mean that at all. BlackBerry travel does the job too for majority of airlines. I'm saying every BlackBerry 10 user should understand what apps are available to them and the issue is more complex than just having BlackBerry flicking their fingers to get developer support. The number one way to get native apps is for BlackBerry 10 users to demand it directly to those developers and I don't think enough people are doing that.

Posted via CB10
    No, not Blackberry travel, the actual airline apps. There are lots of options for travel apps like BB travel on iOS and Android. But BB doesn't have the actual airline apps that android and iOS have. That's what I mean about only flying Air Canada. Or does it even have a BB app that provides boarding passes for Air Canada? More or less all carriers have Android and iOS apps that let you check in, change seats and get boarding passes on the go.
    04-16-15 09:26 AM
    I use BlackBerry Travel like my life depends on it.

*goes to check flight information for the morning*

You should try a modern smartphone as a travel aid. It gives you vastly more options and power. Not just information but ability to act on it.
    04-16-15 09:30 AM
    It's like no one's listening to me. I. Have. An. iPhone. I just use my BlackBerry for anything business related.

04-16-15 03:00 PM
    It's like no one's listening to me. I. Have. An. iPhone. I just use my BlackBerry for anything business related.

We're listening, at least I am. I just pointed out that for travel for instance, and more or less everything, the iPhone has more business capabilities. Travel apps, Excel and more or less anything. Except a physical keyboard which I at least like, although most people apparently don't care much about the physical keyboard.
    04-16-15 03:28 PM
    My phone.
    04-16-15 03:30 PM
    Nothing but a phone with a bunch of keys. My point exactly. They go hand in hand.

Really? So I only have a phone without keys or virtual ones? Could have fooled me.
    04-16-15 03:32 PM
    I'm sorry but I'm sure "business man (or woman)" aren't (I dare say shouldn't) defined by their mobile devices. I agree that my Q10 is excellent in many instances but I'm sure my GF uses her Sony Xperia for almost the same purpose as I do and I'm by no means better than her merely by my phone.

Posted via CB10
    You likely ARE better than her and a part of that is your phone. I keep up with an insane amount of communication, the only way I can do it is with a productivity powerhouse like my Q10. I used a Nexus 5 for a month and to do the same amount of work I had to spend a few more hours per day sitting at a computer.

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    04-16-15 04:43 PM
    The argument that BB are better business tools is absurd in my opinion. I can use actual Excel on my iPhone. I use Keynote (I could use PowerPoint if wanted) on my desktop and save on iCloud and can give the presentation on my phone; it uploads automatically from iCloud. There are many important business tools available on Android or iOS that can't be found readily on BB.
    Not sure why you're quoting me with your reply. I've used iOS for a couple years - and until mid-late 2014 you had no native Excel I'm fully aware of how good the productivity is on iOS and it's great especially from an ADUser/Groups control perspective but ... I never said it was NOT.

I simply asked about what productivity was forgotten about BlackBerry by one of the posters I quoted earlier within this thread. I was focusing on other capabilities for BB not what was in BB yet NOT in IOS/Android
    04-16-15 05:50 PM
    You likely ARE better than her and a part of that is your phone. I keep up with an insane amount of communication, the only way I can do it is with a productivity powerhouse like my Q10. I used a Nexus 5 for a month and to do the same amount of work I had to spend a few more hours per day sitting at a computer.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, reading lengthy emails and viewing attachments on that puny screen would make anyone a productive powerhouse
    andy957 likes this.
    04-16-15 07:15 PM
    I have the hardest time taking people seriously who work in a corporate setting and don't use a BlackBerry. I find BlackBerry's physical keyboard phones to be the most efficient and practical way to stay organized and connected to your work. I find myself neglecting simple work I would use my laptop for because I have my handy-dandy Q10.

TJ Strozier
    Ask Warren Buffet about that.
    Supa_Fly1 and TJ Strozier like this.
    04-16-15 07:32 PM
    Yeah, reading lengthy emails and viewing attachments on that puny screen would make anyone a productive powerhouse
    That's okay.

04-17-15 10:09 AM
    Not sure why you're quoting me with your reply. I've used iOS for a couple years - and until mid-late 2014 you had no native Excel I'm fully aware of how good the productivity is on iOS and it's great especially from an ADUser/Groups control perspective but ... I never said it was NOT.

I simply asked about what productivity was forgotten about BlackBerry by one of the posters I quoted earlier within this thread. I was focusing on other capabilities for BB not what was in BB yet NOT in IOS/Android
    I was agreeing with you about things being missing in BB that were available in iOS and Android. On re-reading my post that wasn't clear. Sorry for the confusion or any misrepresentation that I might have created.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-17-15 11:07 AM
    The size of the screen leaves a little to be desired, but the physical keyboard is a necessity for me. Cant wait for the slider

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 12:24 AM

Curious. What Excel functionality do you really use on docs2go on your BlackBerry?!! I see people make similar claims yet nobody has backed it up with what they do? BlackBerry has not posted official commands or formulas that are possible in full to the public nor on their btsc public db site. Because of this I've never used it, never needed to support it in 5 corporations the last 12 yrs!
    It has, actually. Not by BlackBerry officially but by DocsToGo. I downloaded it and it's somewhere on my phone, not sure where because I don't use it all that much.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 02:47 PM
    It has, actually. Not by BlackBerry officially but by DocsToGo. I downloaded it and it's somewhere on my phone, not sure where because I don't use it all that much.

Posted via CB10
    DocID: 2310 - Supported functions and formulas in Documents To Go

^ probably there ... hadn't known but thank you VERY much.
    05-20-15 12:21 PM
    Still a blackberry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-20-15 03:05 PM
72 123