Okay I understand. Blackberry is coming back but really ? I been blackberry fan since 2005. Since then and all I wanted is a blackberry to come with a model with 3.5 inch screen with hard keybord. And good baterry life. A couple of good apps would be great. Is that too much to ask for. Look at samsung. How many model they throw in the market. Evry year. ..blackberry didnt see it untill now. .. I will buy the q10. And i am sure like many of you i will love it. Because the Blackberry they did their homework finally. ..but according to my list something still missing. The q 10. Got evrything I wished for. But the screen ...what do u think. Di u agree with me. Fo u think blackberry Q 11 would comr with 3.5 inch. Screen. .. I hope so.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    04-20-13 01:27 PM
    The Q10 has a 3.1 inch screen. Is the. 4 that big if a deal? I would just like to see the phone get to market.

CB10 App, Z10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-20-13 01:33 PM
    Wouldn't a 3.5 inch screen be kinda awkward? I feel it would be. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with the "Q11". Let's get the Q10 out first.
    04-20-13 01:37 PM
    I don't think 3.5 inch screen would look akward if blackberry do it right. Look at samsung. They made the screen biger on the s4 without making the device bigger. Smart right. ? Blackberry need to look intobthat in the near future I think. ....by the way I don't know if many agree with me on this one but. Any device with screen size less than 3.5 inch. Is just not a smartphone and it shouldn't be called smartphone ..that's how I feel. ..

04-20-13 02:22 PM
    The hard part that I am struggling with on the Q 10 is although this screen is that large there is a dedicated section at the bottom of the screen for on-screen buttons and or pop-up tax. Therefore I'm curious to see how much of the screen real estate is actually something to use rather than press. Does that make sense?
    doza2012 likes this.
    04-20-13 02:25 PM
    Yeah it makes sense........ For me I would love to see blackberry pay more attintion to the screen ..you dont have to make the phone bigger. Just use the extra space on the top. Just like how samsung did it with the s4 and the note 2. .. when u look at the s4 all u see is screen no any extra space wht so ever ..samsung did learn a lot from apple. And that was the key for thiier sucess. ..its time for blackberry to start learning from samsung ...now or never ....

Dextermutt likes this.
    04-20-13 02:58 PM
    Yeah it makes sense........ For me I would love to see blackberry pay more attintion to the screen ..you dont have to make the phone bigger. Just use the extra space on the top. Just like how samsung did it with the s4 and the note 2. .. when u look at the s4 all u see is screen no any extra space wht so ever ..samsung did learn a lot from apple. And that was the key for thiier sucess. ..its time for blackberry to start learning from samsung ...now or never ....

Is this what we been waitting for ? Q10?-qz10.jpg
    04-20-13 03:46 PM
    maybe eventually they will get a THIN slider with BBRY keyboard action, i would even settle for 9800 keyboard. A TKVictory with slider format would be perfect or maybe just a TKV with a larger than 3.1 screen would do it. i think they would have to use iphone resolutions for the screen to stay with industry standards.
    Dextermutt likes this.
    04-20-13 04:09 PM
    You bring to mind a question which I haven't tried on the Z10 when looking at it in the carrier store. Can the on screen buttons be swiped away to get full screen images and swiped back onto the screen when you need them?
    04-20-13 04:11 PM
    Yes, you definitely can. Swipe using 2 fingers downwards or long press space bar to hide on screen keyboard or slide with 2 fingers upwards or tap any text/input field to get on screen keyboard...
    04-21-13 03:29 AM

I think the issue here might be the whole gesture-based navigation of the OS. They needed to make it so you can reach both the bottom and the top of the screen without having to shift the phone or your hand. And because it has a keyboard, your hand will start off lower relative to the screen than it would on a full touch where you'll have your hand half way on the screen already. It also needs a bezel around the screen, especially underneath, for the gestures to work, the swipe up and some of the swipe left and right actually need you to start from the bezel for them to work right. So if the screen went edge to edge it might not work properly... That's my guess...
    04-21-13 09:00 AM
    The Q10 has a 3.1 inch screen. Is the. 4 that big if a deal? I would just like to see the phone get to market.

CB10 App, Z10
    The 2.4's vs the 2.8 of the 9900/9930 was a big deal....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-21-13 04:36 PM
    I don't think 3.5 inch screen would look akward if blackberry do it right. Look at samsung. They made the screen biger on the s4 without making the device bigger. Smart right. ? Blackberry need to look intobthat in the near future I think. ....by the way I don't know if many agree with me on this one but. Any device with screen size less than 3.5 inch. Is just not a smartphone and it shouldn't be called smartphone ..that's how I feel. ..

Dude what device are you typing on (?) - in bold in the quote above.
    Right now I hope you don't call the device you're currently using a smartphone if it cannot readily spell check "intobthat" to at least 2 separate words (even if you tried to type 3): "into & that". To be honest the Q10 IS a smartphone because at the very least it CAN spell check and its very intuitive - if we can presume what we're seeing on the Z10.

My definition of a smartphone is ...
    Ability to make clear phone calls, and several lengthy ones throughout the business day,
    Ability to conserve battery life, even when in use, so that I can get a full 10hrs of productivity & leisure time using it.
    Ability to make my business and personal tasks/goals easier than using a PC & a PDA/paper together (anyone remember what a PDA was, lol, j/k).
    In this day and age a smartphone should be a joy to use, not an effort to tweak it to how I want to use it any given day, it should be adapting to ME! (or YOU for that matter).

Specifications, even when it comes to screen size means NOTHING if you cannot use it as its intended or how you wish, with clarity, power and efficiency on how I (or YOU) choose to use it for the myriad of tasks that it should be capable of.

You're entitled to your opinions and feelings as I am mine - this is what makes conversation great. I do hope you'll enjoy the Q10 and that .4" of screen size doesn't matter when you're using it because the screen real-estate in what is displayed for interactivity is more important.
    example ... would you want a 620x480 resolution from a 2.8" (9900) to a 3.5" screen or a 720x720 resolution on a 3.1" screen? It doesn't matter if it's not clear, easy on the eyes for several hours out of the day, with no strain while reading text from any source over an hour at the very least, and doesn't use too much battery life. This is what I mean by specifications do no matter in the real world usage of anything. Think of it as a woman at 5'6", 120lbs with 32/24/36 figure vs a woman at 5'10, 140lbs with 36/28/38; we can both picture whomever we want but if we lined up 10 girls in total (5 representing each stats) they'd look completely different - and I'm not just referring to the cup of the breasts, face, body tone, skin complexion (as in clearness not colour), and that's just the stats. Consider her smile, her eyes, how clean she is, how sweet she is her mind her soul, etc. Hell, we could have identical twins that are BOTH super HOT Maxim/Playboy worthy models ... with even the same EVERYTHING ... but if one moves like a cat (light) on her feet ... she'll definitely be worlds more attractive to me than the identical twin that stomps while she walks like a neanderthal. Get my point? Specs mean nothing its about how the device suits you and how you use it!

PS: Sorry ladies I don't mean to offend in any way and I hope you can appreciate the angle I'm coming from with this analogy.

The 2.4's vs the 2.8 of the 9900/9930 was a big deal....
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Dude those are the same BB models - 9900 & 9930 (just like 8800/8820 & 8830) one is for GSM the other is for CDMA based networks.
    romen95 likes this.
    04-21-13 05:57 PM
    I think we will eventually see a 3.5 inch screen - but it will be a square screen.

The hypothetical phone would be :124.6 x 71.8 x 10.4 mm

versus the Samsung Galaxy S3 : 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
    versus the Q10: 119.6 x 66.8 x 10.4 mm
    romen95 likes this.
    04-21-13 07:34 PM
    Also to add to the comment about, the screen size also comes down to resolution for apps and games, at 3.1 apps and games for the z10 can be scaled down and adjusted for the q10. This is a close to but a more advanced method that apple took while making the iPad mini. It's smart and makes things easier on developers and better for consumers when more apps and games are available.

Samsung and other android manufacture can make many screen sizes because android already oems don't care and leave it to developers to make the changes.

Now don't get me wrong they could have went bigger but I'm sure 3.1 was the sweet spot for the best outcome, and giving iphone 4/4s and rumored 3.5 plastic iphone are .9 away from the q10, I think the size is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:00 PM
    Maybe the Q11 will be around 3.3 inch. But 3.1 is good for now. 0.4 inch is nothing tbh
    04-21-13 10:51 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qz10.jpg 
Views:	1234 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	153220
    lol, you just had to go there didn't you....

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:54 PM
    smartphones traditionally do not have full touchscreens. go back to palm, early blackberry's...all had keyboards, not full touchscreen. your logic is flawed.
    04-21-13 11:05 PM
    smartphones traditionally do not have full touchscreens. go back to palm, early blackberry's...all had keyboards, not full touchscreen. your logic is flawed.
    Um ... what exactly do you mean about "full touchscreens" ?

Palm Treo270 and the other model BOTH had full touchscreens under the flip cover.
    Compaq iPaq series ALL had full touchscreens; and since they used an iPaq accessory for a modem it could make calls and use GPRS data so technically they where 'smartphones'.

Even the first globally sold smartphone - the Ericsson R380 (I think that's the model), based on Psion, also had a full touchscreen.

These models all required a stylus, save the Ericsson, the Ericsson initially didn't allow for end user apps to be installed yet later did. I'm not sure if you where around to use these smartphones, I sure was and I'll tell you they had touch screens; even if they worked best using a stylii. Your statement quoted above is flawed.

Cheers.
    romen95 likes this.
    04-22-13 12:08 AM

BlackBerry has built 2 wonderful models with the Z10 and the Q10. BlackBerry listened this time, the Z10 utilized the full left side and right side to make gestures seem less! By finally offering a full touchscreen of 4.2 inches it offers all types of phone users a chance to get a blackberry. Also by introducing the Q10, this has kept all the current keyboarders happy as well. The BB10 OS is showing us one hell of an upgrade for BlackBerry. I love my Z10 and would love for everyone to give it a go...it's truly a great experience.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    Shoryuken likes this.
    04-22-13 12:33 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qz10.jpg 
Views:	1234 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	153220
    hahahaha!
    04-22-13 02:33 AM
    I agree that screen real estate on the Q is somewhat disappointing but not enough to make me feel that q10 is an ugly phone. Lol

Posted via CB10
    romen95 likes this.
    04-22-13 02:54 AM
    Still waiting

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:51 AM
    I agree that screen real estate on the Q is somewhat disappointing but not enough to make me feel that q10 is an ugly phone. Lol

Posted via CB10
    It's larger than the one that came before it.

A person wrote a novel on a BlackBerry with a screen smaller than that of the Q10 too. If it's media requirements, look into PlayBook's or a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    04-22-13 04:56 AM
    Me personally I love the form factor of the Q10, i miss my old 9700, and 9900.. i had the galaxy note and yes the massive screen was good for movies and Web browsing but I found 75% or more of the time half the screen was taken up with the keyboard, so what wad the point?

On my galaxy note I installed a lot of pointless games that I played once and then never touched again, and then when I upgraded to the Z10 again yes the screen size is nice for Web browsing and media content but I use my phone for mostly texting, emailing and bbm, so half my screen is the keyboard!

Come next Tuesday i will be ditching my Z10 for the Q10, and cannot wait to feel how amazing is to once again type a text on a physical qwerty keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    romen95 likes this.
    04-22-13 07:34 AM
37 12