I purchase a Q10 and it has completely died - I sent it back at enormous expense ($190 freight!) to the vendor in the UK, it's been sent off to Blackberry by them and it's been with BB for two weeks now. Does anyone know what the typical warranty turnaround for this is in the UK? Is it normally this glacial speed? For what is supposed to be a business/professional phone this is incomprehensible.
    11-15-13 06:56 AM
    Repair time can vary, but there does come a point where they just decide to replace with a refurbished device, which probably is right around where we are now timewise. Your best bet would be to call the vendor on this and find out the status, and get a time frame from them.

As a side note, in the US, the company pays the freight on warranty issues.
    11-16-13 11:09 PM
    Thanks PKCable, I took particularly good care of my phone and it wasn't terribly old so I won't accept a refurbished and scuffed one from someone else; I'll demand a refund and do a credit card reversal if they try that. This has been my first dealing with blackberry and it's enough to make me run for my life from this platform; it's a shame because I had such high hopes at one point.
    11-17-13 05:58 AM
    You may well get a brand new one especially if you are in the first month of ownership. Calling the vendor is the best course of action. I agree you should be polite but firm that you expect a satisfactory resolution. I would also push to get the freight refunded!
    11-18-13 03:23 PM
    Thanks PKcable, it was a few months old but not -that- old by any means.

Well nearly a month and still nothing, they claim that blackberry have 30 day terms - how long does it take to figure out that it won't even turn on? I cannot fathom how they claim to be a business/professional phone manufacturer....

Sent from my XT885 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-25-13 10:37 PM