Hi folks, I've just swapped my s2 for an BlackBerry Q10. This phone looks sturdy and feels robust and the 5-key physical Qwerty keyboard just sooo cool. My friend gave one of his mpj Q10 battery works perfectly so I am happy with the battery life. It is brand new so am loading up my usual apps, but since it's my first BB device and wondered what Apps and stuff are the 'must-haves' for BlackBerry? Thanks
    12-21-13 10:05 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Must haves? What do you wanna do?
    12-21-13 10:25 PM
    iGrann, Whine, BeWeather, BeMaps, BeBuzz, Blaq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-21-13 10:29 PM
    Welcome! And glad that you are enjoying the phone!

As Diego mentioned, let us know what you would primarily like to use it for; e.g., productivity, games, messaging, and so on. Based on that, people can recommend apps.

Be warned: the Q10's keyboard is very addictive :-).

Verizon Q10SQN100-2 on 10.2.1.1055
    diegonei likes this.
    12-21-13 10:29 PM
    Password Keeper, BBVE BlackBerry Virtual Expert, a Battery optimizer and a toolbox app of your choice.

The rest depends on what you wanna do.

My name is Prem, I'm using BBM ... from my QuZe10 ...whatarhyme...
    12-21-13 10:34 PM
    Welcome! And glad that you are enjoying the phone!

As Diego mentioned, let us know what you would primarily like to use it for; e.g., productivity, games, messaging, and so on. Based on that, people can recommend apps.

Be warned: the Q10's keyboard is very addictive :-).

Verizon Q10SQN100-2 on 10.2.1.1055
    That keyboard really makes it a CrackBerry, indeed very addictive. Just pulled out my Z10 again for a keyboard comparison. I either need way more practice on the Z, or a habit has already been formed. Had Qwerty keyboards for most of my mobile life, even on the old Nokias like the 6800.

My name is Prem, I'm using BBM ... from my QuZe10 ...whatarhyme...
    12-21-13 10:42 PM
    Hi folks, I've just swapped my s2 for an BlackBerry Q10.This phone looks sturdy and feels robust and the 5-key physical Qwerty keyboard just sooo cool. My friend gave one of his mpj Q10 battery works perfectly so I am happy with the battery life. It is brand new so am loading up my usual apps, but since it's my first BB device and wondered what Apps and stuff are the 'must-haves' for BlackBerry? Thanks
    Welcome!
    THE must have is a 10.2.1 leak...IMHO

Pounded out via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    12-21-13 10:43 PM
    Welcome!
    THE must have is a 10.2.1 leak...IMHO

Suggesting leaks to a user without knowing how well versed he is with OS updates,sideloading and all the details involved is at the very least irresponsible.
    12-21-13 10:50 PM
    Suggesting leaks to a user without knowing how well versed he is with OS updates,sideloading and all the details involved is at the very least irresponsible.
    OP: read around the leaks area. The good, the bad, and the ugly are all over there.

As far as being well versed, no one starts that way. I spent my first real period of time around here learning how to load the awesome (sometimes cruddy) leaks that were out at the time, how to remove/edit vendor files, edit xml's for more themes, and how to recover after I bricked it...again LOL!!! It's a learning curve that some will take, some will pass, and some will miss. That was how I learned, that was how I started making themes, that was how I started helping other folks out that hadn't learned yet.
    The only thing I popped in here for initially was to express my love for 10.2.1. How does that turn into being "at the very least irresponsible"? What is it at most by the way? If the OP wants to know more, they'll search, or read, or ask questions. If they don't know how, and they aren't willing to learn how, then yes, it is irresponsible of me because I'm not responsible for them or their device or for feeding their pets.
    TLDR: chill out, help the fellow CB'er, don't hyperbolize, and remember the times we've calmly helped each other out in the past

12-22-13 01:18 AM
    If I could make a suggestion, I would say the BlackBerry Q10 Holster and BlackBerry Spare Battery Charger would be must haves.

Though, I have had a Holster with every BlackBerry I have every had.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:33 AM
    Some nice Screen savers and back-up battery
    12-22-13 07:36 AM
    If I could make a suggestion, I would say the BlackBerry Q10 Holster and BlackBerry Spare Battery Charger would be must haves.

Though, I have had a Holster with every BlackBerry I have every had.

Posted via CB10
    Now this is an excellent idea. Battery life in a Q10 should not be much of a problem but a mobile charging solution for when you need extra juice in critical times (which is always the case where extra juice is needed) sure should be taken into consideration!

OP: read around the leaks area. The good, the bad, and the ugly are all over there.

As far as being well versed, no one starts that way. I spent my first real period of time around here learning how to load the awesome (sometimes cruddy) leaks that were out at the time, how to remove/edit vendor files, edit xml's for more themes, and how to recover after I bricked it...again LOL!!! It's a learning curve that some will take, some will pass, and some will miss. That was how I learned, that was how I started making themes, that was how I started helping other folks out that hadn't learned yet.
    The only thing I popped in here for initially was to express my love for 10.2.1. How does that turn into being "at the very least irresponsible"? What is it at most by the way? If the OP wants to know more, they'll search, or read, or ask questions. If they don't know how, and they aren't willing to learn how, then yes, it is irresponsible of me because I'm not responsible for them or their device or for feeding their pets.
    TLDR: chill out, help the fellow CB'er, don't hyperbolize, and remember the times we've calmly helped each other out in the past

If you had posted this instead of saying 10.2.1 is a must have for a person that just joined BB10, you sure would not have gotten my previous remark (which I still stand by).

And don't make me read long posts, make me search for the meaning of some letter combo just to find out you didn't expect me to read it all in the first place...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:01 AM
    Now this is an excellent idea. Battery life in a Q10 should not be much of a problem but a mobile charging solution for when you need extra juice in critical times (which is always the case where extra juice is needed) sure should be taken into consideration!

If you had posted this instead of saying 10.2.1 is a must have for a person that just joined BB10, you sure would not have gotten my previous remark (which I still stand by).

And don't make me read long posts, make me search for the meaning of some letter combo just to find out you didn't expect me to read it all in the first place...

Posted via CB10
    See! You learned what TLDR meant the same way I did Thanks for taking the time to read my opinion, which I stand by, I respect yours.

Ganglecat: sorry to derail, I'd also suggest searching for the full user manual from www.blackberry.com for your current OS. Most of this information is also in the "Help" application on your device. Some of the features in BlackBerry 10 are kinda hidden
    Apps that are available from BlackBerry World that I've liked include BeMaps (taps into GMAPS and has keyboard shortcuts), Apollo (taps into Pandora and plays no adverts), and Password Keeper (made by BlackBerry). Other apps that I would recommend are android at the moment and would require a bit more work
    For accessories, SanDisk Ultra class 10 MicroSD. I plan on getting a BlackBerry leather holster and battery charger bundle myself.

12-22-13 11:32 AM
    A 64GB class 10 MicroSD card. I cannot believe nobody mentioned this

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    12-22-13 12:00 PM
    Agreed with "A 64GB class 10 MicroSD card." Plus a rapid charger, Amazon.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    12-22-13 12:28 PM
    A condom cause most crackberry users will most likely make love to their phone.

Posted via CB10
    jetskimatty likes this.
    12-22-13 12:34 PM
    Learn the leaks and install asap if you're ok with the small bugs. You'll probably be like most of us and view them a s a minor inconvenience and more than a fair trade for the extra features.

BlackBerry Protect is good
    Snap should be sideloaded on a leak

Other than that, the best of breed apps for specific functions are probably different than on your S2. Resist the desire to install the same stuff you had before... BB10 has a surprising amount of function baked into it (compared to android). Give that a try first
    12-22-13 12:57 PM
    Agreed with "A 64GB class 10 MicroSD card." Plus a rapid charger, Amazon.
    Be careful about chargers http://www.righto.com/2012/03/inside...y-you.html?m=1
    The PlayBook's charger has some mixed reviews around here I've noticed. Some say it's ok some say no. If nothing else, avoid cheap no name chargers and make sure it pumps out the correct power if you choose to run something other than the OEM that comes in the box. For myself, I have a bunch of Apple cubes laying around that run 1000 mAh, which charges a bit faster, and work perfectly. I'll say one thing about Apple, they make good hardware http://www.righto.com/2012/05/apple-...ality.html?m=1
    For the sdcard, keep in mind that 64GB needs to be formatted correctly. Easy to do though http://m.crackberry.com/using-64gb-m...-10-smartphone

Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    12-22-13 02:39 PM
    Be careful about chargers Ken Shirriff's blog: Tiny, cheap, and dangerous: Inside a (fake) iPhone charger
    The PlayBook's charger has some mixed reviews around here I've noticed. Some say it's ok some say no. If nothing else, avoid cheap no name chargers and make sure it pumps out the correct power if you choose to run something other than the OEM that comes in the box. For myself, I have a bunch of Apple cubes laying around that run 1000 mAh, which charges a bit faster, and work perfectly. I'll say one thing about Apple, they make good hardware Ken Shirriff's blog: Apple iPhone charger teardown: quality in a tiny expensive package
    For the sdcard, keep in mind that 64GB needs to be formatted correctly. Easy to do though Using a 64GB microSD card on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone | CrackBerry.com

The PlayBook charger (the one with the yellow micro usb at least) is sold by BlackBerry as a premium generic charger for all devices.
    12-22-13 04:15 PM
    Seriously? This is a new BlackBerry user and nobody said BBM? Dude! Get to know BBM!

(and since you're here, install the CB10 app too).

Welcome!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 10:51 PM
    If you need productivity, with your Calender, task, to do's, etc...you may want to check out Noted (for notes and to do's) and Checked Task. BB10 uses "Remember" to integrate your phone with the Calendar. And Remember works with Both Notes and Checked, so your notes and task integrate with the Calendar.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you my Friend, I have a love affair with my spare batter charger. It's not let me down since I have had her.

Plus, the holster is awesome too.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    12-24-13 07:34 AM