Only reason Toronto got some stock is because their main distribution hub is in Ontario, it's a marketing ploy to hide their incompetence that they have little or not stock to go around Canada with late shipments. WHY THE HELL DID UK get before the motherland? Screw you blackberry.

Virgin website says out of stock, koodo has no idea yet. Bestbuy said friday and costco said end of the week.

Might as well change the official launch date to May 3rd.
    05-01-13 10:35 AM
    Note that the Z10 launched in the UK prior to Canada as well. This isn't new and shouldn't be a surprise.

JB
    deezy87 likes this.
    05-01-13 10:47 AM
    Only reason Toronto got some stock is because their main distribution hub is in Ontario, it's a marketing ploy to hide their incompetence that they have little or not stock to go around Canada with late shipments. WHY THE HELL DID UK get before the motherland? Screw you blackberry.

Virgin website says out of stock, koodo has no idea yet. Bestbuy said friday and costco said end of the week.

This isn't a issue so much with Blackberry as it is with the Carriers. Rogers apparently has only launched the Q10 in the GTA. This is the problem with Carriers as they can get away with alot. As long as they reach their initial launch date in one region they're safe on the marketing and advertising end.
    schmeat, CDM76 and anon(3896606) like this.
    05-01-13 10:50 AM
    And we always ask ourselves why Blackberry is falling past years...
    05-01-13 10:52 AM
    Went to two stores in Vaughan, Ontario,today and only one store had them for sale. The other had no idea when he was getting them and had no dummy units on display.

Bad reps just bashing BlackBerry. It's sad.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:52 AM
    Hmmm. Does anyone know if the UK sales have cooled or where they are at? Its been pretty quite since hearing of the 2k sold in 90 min...
    05-01-13 10:54 AM
    Sounds like its all intentional to keep the hype or BBRY has selected the wrong carrier. They have had how long now to prepare for this???
    05-01-13 10:56 AM
    2 people in NS have stated they received their shipments and already picked up their new Q10's from the stores.... i'm not sure where they are allocating.
    A few folks in West Canada also commented that they received shipment noticed last night for noon pick up today.
    05-01-13 10:57 AM
    Only reason Toronto got some stock is because their main distribution hub is in Ontario

WHY THE HELL DID UK get before the motherland? Screw you blackberry.

Point 1 - the majority of sales are expected to be corporate. Tse is in Toronto as wel as the head offices of most major companies.

Point 2 - UK was being rewarded for their loyalty during BlackBerry's dark period.
    They kept using blackberries and bbm made them more used than even the iphone in the UK.
    05-01-13 10:57 AM
    I was hoping to pick up one for the Wife this am but I came across this article . Seems only Toronto area is going to get them today. The rest of us will have to wait....
    "BlackBerry users hoping to get their hands on the latest version of the keyboard smartphone will have to wait a couple more days — if they live outside of Toronto. The company says the release of the BlackBerry Q10 will begin first in the Greater Toronto Area on Wednesday, before it expands to the rest of Canada later in the week.The demand in Toronto is very, very strong, and we want to make sure we have enough supply, chief operating officer Kristian Tear told The Canadian Press "We start off by selling it in the Greater Toronto Area, then we expand the coverage and bring BlackBerry Q10 to all Canadians who are waiting for it throughout the country over the next couple of days.
    Are we who live outside of Toronto not important enough or is our money not as good as theirs? Seems to be another episode of the East disrespecting the rest of Canada ......pretty sad.
    05-01-13 11:00 AM
    The UK market is much much bigger than Canada.

Every one gets so upset about release dates.

I live in Australia, the best country in the World, and we get our phones later than most countries. I do find it annoying that we have to wait pretty much the longest out of all the 1st world countries, I don't, however, look down upon BlackBerry for this decision.

Blackberry Faithful
    05-01-13 11:07 AM
    Am picking up today in Sherwood park, Alberta with Rogers, what's the issue folks?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 11:10 AM
    Seems like their JIT supply chain practices need some work.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-01-13 11:11 AM
    And we always ask ourselves why Blackberry is falling past years...
    Uhm what does "falling past years" mean?
    sk8er_tor and schmeat like this.
    05-01-13 11:12 AM

I live in Australia, the best country in the World, and we get our phones later than most countries. I do find it annoying that we have to wait pretty much the longest out of all the 1st world countries, I don't, however, look down upon BlackBerry for this decision.

Blackberry Faithful
    You are the best country in the world. I lived in Brisbane for a year!
    Suuuuucked waiting for movies, games, tech releases though
    Miss my tooheys new though.
    05-01-13 11:15 AM
    Q10s are also in stock in Kitchener-Waterloo at Rogers locations today.
    05-01-13 11:18 AM
    Has anyone heard if there's any stock here in the west coast ie Vancouver?
    05-01-13 11:25 AM
    Q10 isn't actually available in store for much of uk, been ringing my local o2 all week and they only got shown a demonstration today stock coming soon, wish I'd ordered online now trouble is its now 5 days for delivery. Where's all the stock?
    05-01-13 11:29 AM
    The TO only line is inaccurate. Yes, not all stores have them but to say it's only TO is straight up not true. I agree, they could have rolled it out better but again, just like anything else.. not all stores have them. I'm in the US right now and Best Buy couldn't sell me an S4 Why? No shipment. Stock and store allocation is always an issue no matter what device it is. It always varies across regions, franchises etc etc.

The Q10 shipments are more noticeable this time because many people have been waiting for the device.. if no one was pissed about not being able to get one, then there would be a real problem. Fact is, if there is this much demand for one and this many people complaining, BlackBerry is looking mighty fine.
    fedakd, jugolic, Snap51 and 11 others like this.
    05-01-13 11:35 AM
    Yep, Blackberry should not have just shipped the phones to the carriers...they should have gone in and sold them themselves..

Reality, you won't have enough stock if you don't order enough phones. Some carriers are still a little gun shy. But then again, you had to wait weeks to get an iPhone even months after the device was released.

MoolahMitch and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 11:36 AM

World wide launches for new tech is never easy. No matter what decision you make to launch where first, other people will be pissed.

Over all UK has been pretty BlackBerry Loyal and BB knows that it really should come as no surprise that things are launching there first. Why should you launch first in countries where your competition has trounced you and the media isn't friendly to you? Launching in the UK insures better press overall for the devices with images of lines of people who want them.
    05-01-13 11:43 AM
    Seems like their JIT supply chain practices need some work.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Had North Korea followed through with shenanigans we would all be waiting a very long time for electronics. The flood in Thailand about a year or so ago was a huge issue for the Hard Drive supply chain.
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    05-01-13 11:46 AM
    Yep, Blackberry should not have just shipped the phones to the carriers...they should have gone in and sold them themselves..

Reality, you won't have enough stock if you don't order enough phones. Some carriers are still a little gun shy. But then again, you had to wait weeks to get an iPhone even months after the device was released.
    This is not possible given the way the carriers work
    alan510 likes this.
    05-01-13 11:48 AM

Blackberry Faithful
    I don't mind waiting, I have been waiting since announcement of Q10, but lying to us that launch was May 1st pisses me off. If you say you going to launch in Canada May 1st, it should be in stock everywhere in Canada on that date.

They don't even have stock for online purchases straight from carriers. What a horrible rushed launch with missed shipping estimates. I think they misplaced the retail launch date with the distributor shipping date.

Usually a normal company ships its product two weeks before launch to be READY at launch.
    PowderJockey and CRJDRIVER like this.
    05-01-13 12:31 PM
    Well, I'm in Vancouver and I got the UPS shipment update that it arrived 15 minutes ago, so Toronto only has a few hours head-start on the rest of Canada.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    05-01-13 12:34 PM
129 123 ...