There are a LOT of threads about what everyone hates about the new update. I have yet to see what people LIKE about the new OS, and what it has done for their Q10. I'll start.

- Snappier, faster. My Q10 runs buttery smooth with the new OS (I installed the leak of .2243 via Sachesi so haven't had lag issues like what has apparently been happening with OTA installs).
    - I can finally fit all my apps of the same category in the same folder. On 10.2 I had to make multiple folders for the same thing (such a Media 1, Media 2, etc.) This has helped me keep my app screens nice and organized, which personally is a MUST on a phone with a smaller screen.
    - Remember app is better. I'm a writer so I frequently jot down story ideas, poems, or just one-liners for future use. On 10.2, I had the frequent misfortune of accidentally hitting the back button on the screen in my hurry to get something good typed out, which would erase EVERYTHING I had just written. I've missed some good material because of that b.s. But with 10.3.1 it actually prompts you with "Would you like to save?" before going back to the previous screen, which has saved me a world of grief. Sadly, if you accidentally cut text or paste over what you've just written, there's still no undo option, which has also caused me problems. But I guess that's what Docs to Go is for, eh?
    - I'm the type of person who uses the camera. A lot. I find the setting suggestions to be really useful and convenient, especially since I don't like having to fiddle around too much to get the most out of the shot. It's great for when I'm in a hurry. My only beef is with the autofocus, it takes so long to adjust that most of my friends are able to finish taking their photos first, but once it hits the sweet spot the quality is great. Plus addition of panorama is nothing to sneeze at (although I'm of the opinion that it should have been present to begin with).
    There is so much more that I like about this update: android app stability, power saving mode, blend, assistant, etc. But the above is what I liked most about the update. Now, for the obligatory complaints.

Cons:
    -no flash support
    -tiny, flat icons
    -STILL no dark hub
    -still miss full themes (although they've been gone since 7.1 and I know they're never ever coming back)
    And I'm sure I'll find more to dislike about the update.

But is it a deal-breaker? Heck naw! If I wanted that other stuff back I'd stick with my old Torch or switch back to Android again. I got the Q10 a year ago because I wanted a BlackBerry. A serious tool for serious business. The 10.3.1 update, although lacking in some areas, has improved in what matters most (to me, personally). And I know there are others out there who feel the same. So, let's hear it. Who here LIKES the update, and why?

What I like about 10.3.1 on the Q10 is...-img_20150306_080832.png

 Once you go BlackBerry you never go back...Berry 
    03-06-15 10:08 AM
    I don't have 10.3.1 and I have a Z10, not a Q10, but I did want to comment that I really like how you grouped your apps in the folders. It looks very organized!
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    03-06-15 10:18 AM
    I don't have 10.3.1 and I have a Z10, not a Q10, but I did want to comment that I really like how you grouped your apps in the folders. It looks very organized!
    Thank you lol, it takes a while to get it like that but it helps me find everything easily
    Have you considered using 10.3.1? I don't read the Z forums but I haven't heard about them encountering any bugs with the new OS

bbnrs likes this.
    03-06-15 11:07 AM
    After a week, I went back to 10.2.1, but 10.3.1 does have its bright spots.

• The boot and security wipe screens look sharper and are more informative.
    • Although I'm not a fan of the design or smaller (apparent) size of the icons, being able to fit a few more on each screen is nice.
    • The text and BBM chat screens feel sharper as well, and seem to make better use of the screen. I like the simplicity in lines and colors compared to 10.2.1.
    • I like the idea behind the triage feature in the Hub, but it seems to be only partially implemented since you can only set the actions for e-mails (leaving out messages), and you can't disable the feature (setting all actions to None).
    • I found that the Settings menu(s) feel more complete for some reason, and configuring the Notifications was easier in 10.3.1. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean I can hear them.
    • Keyboard shortcuts, for sure. It would be nice if the key assigned to switching notification profiles (Q by default) would match the ones configured for quick switching, but it only toggled between Normal and Silent.
    • Customizable LED colors for notifications.
    • The additional information available in the Device Monitor (data usage) is nice. It would be ideal to be able to pick the 3 views that appear in the action bar (Battery, CPU, Memory would be mine), which would make it a bit more efficient for me, but that's not huge.
    • The call log screen of the Phone app is nicer, along with the ability to hide the speed dial at the top clears up a lot of space. However, everything else in the Phone is a con for me. A screen-wide, bright red End Call button. Really? And when you minimize the call screen, you get that green overlay at the top of the screen, which IMO is tacky. There wasn't anything wrong with the way it's done in 10.2.1.

I might be missing one or two things in the list of positives. Since we are also including cons, in addition to those above...

• Notification volume.
    • Blue graphical glitches appearing in a few places.
    • Lost the ability to format my 64GB mSD card because the OS wouldn't download the required driver. Nevermind. I'm having the same problem with 10.2.1, which I didn't have last year when I initially set it up.
    • Couldn't sync or share my contacts (even after removing any links).
    • A couple of bugs left over from 10.2.1.
    • UI design. Specifically, gaps in the action bar, the large circled action that extends past the action bar (), the random color palette used around the OS, followed by the excessive amount of gray on the call screen (while the speaker is active, for example) and the radio tuner screen in the Music app. And so on. Some people are more tolerant I guess.

So there's a lot to like about 10.3.1, for sure. But, for me, there's too much wrong with it right now.
    Last edited by borosai; 03-06-15 at 07:38 PM.
    03-06-15 11:57 AM
    So there's a lot to like about 10.3.1, for sure. But, for me, there's too much wrong with it right now.
    That seems to be the general consensus. I've been considering switching back to 10.2 but the remember app thing is a deal-breaker. Also no 64gb SD card support and the old assistant is just friggen terrible. I'm hoping with the release of the Leap maybe BlackBerry will roll out some fixes for the OS. Hopefully they won't be abandoning us! *knocks on wood*

bbnrs likes this.
    03-06-15 12:17 PM
    Have you considered using 10.3.1?
    I'm on VZW and have just been to busy/lazy to load the leak. If VZW doesn't release it in the next few weeks, I will most likely load the leaked version (unless I dump them at the end of the month for the AT&T Passport).
    03-06-15 12:19 PM
    That seems to be the general consensus. I've been considering switching back to 10.2 but the remember app thing is a deal-breaker. Also no 64gb SD card support and the old assistant is just friggen terrible. I'm hoping with the release of the Leap maybe BlackBerry will roll out some fixes for the OS. Hopefully they won't be abandoning us! *knocks on wood*

I have a 64GB mSD card, and 10.2.1 handles it well. What issue(s) do you have with it?

Also, I use the Remember app quite a bit for making lists (using notes, not tasks), and since 10.2.1 (still there in 10.3.1) whenever I paste text into a note, the font size is bigger than the default font size. It doesn't matter if I copy within the app or somewhere else, pasting it into the note has the same result. If I then copy and paste that larger text, it doesn't grow. I'd say this is a bug, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it. Can you confirm that this happens?
    03-06-15 12:27 PM
    • Snappy, fast and very battery-friendly in standby
    • Better sorted settings
    • Modern icons (I know many don't like them, but IMHO they give the OS a more modern look)
    • Triage functions in the hub
    • LED color options for notifications
    • Improved Android runtime
    • Enhanced interaction settings

Overall a better user experience than 10.2, even though I can compare it only to my Z10 which ran 10.2.1. My Q10 was upgraded directly to 10.3 after I got it two weeks ago.
    03-06-15 12:54 PM
    [LIST][*]Modern icons (I know many don't like them, but IMHO they give the OS a more modern look)
    It's nice to see someone who actually likes them, even though I personally don't

03-08-15 05:59 AM
    Switched to 10.3.1 last week. Its a keeper for me.

• Android Apps now loads faster (Google Maps, Instagram, Flipboard, Pocket)
    • Now I need not "wait" for an Android app to load up (there are times when I give up waiting)
    • More Android Apps actually work. (LINE Messenger works for me now)
    • Interface is refreshing, albeit a little smaller.

Just one annoyance, I use the touchlight from Quick Settings a lot, and my Q10 is in a magnetic cover case. In 10.2, I used to keep the touchlight on, then flip the case to protect the screen/keyboard, and the light remains shining.

But now, on 10.3, when I do that, the light will shut off by itself when i flip the magnetic over. Anyone have any ideas?

Other than that, I'm keeping the Q10, and I'm very happy with it
    03-08-15 12:56 PM
    Switched to 10.3.1 last week. Its a keeper for me.
    (LINE Messenger works for me now)

Other than that, I'm keeping the Q10, and I'm very happy with it
    have you installed the last version ?
    bohehiamsummer likes this.
    03-08-15 01:45 PM
    I'm on VZW and have just been to busy/lazy to load the leak. If VZW doesn't release it in the next few weeks, I will most likely load the leaked version (unless I dump them at the end of the month for the AT&T Passport).
    Where can I get the leaked version for Verizon?
    03-08-15 04:59 PM
    Where can I get the leaked version for Verizon?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1-user-994715/

Oh the wonders of Google

NickA and TX3 like this.
    03-08-15 05:26 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1-user-994715/

Oh the wonders of Google

Ah yes, the wonders of Google. Who needs forums, right?

The link you gave is for 10.3.1 users. I'm on 10.2 so I don't think they will work. I will figure it out, thanks. Was just looking for the easy way out.
    03-08-15 11:43 PM
    Ah yes, the wonders of Google. Who needs forums, right?

The link you gave is for 10.3.1 users. I'm on 10.2 so I don't think they will work. I will figure it out, thanks. Was just looking for the easy way out.
    Ah! My bad. I had forgotten that you need an earlier version of 10.3.1 installed in order to have .2243.

Here is .2072 http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-links-990410/

NickA likes this.
    03-09-15 05:48 AM
    Ah! My bad. I had forgotten that you need an earlier version of 10.3.1 installed in order to have .2243.

Here is .2072 http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-links-990410/

Thanks zcc. I'm actually working on a project for a client that wants to user their Q10 believe it or not. So BB is still alive in that regard. You'd be surprised how many people are asking for BlackBerry support.
    03-09-15 12:26 PM
    have you installed the last version ?
    Do you mean LINE?

I'm on 5.0.1. The latest seems to be 5.0.2 (as of 9th March 2015).

Can't really be bothered to update, coz i rarely use it. But it is nice to have. My alerts would appear under "Notifications" in the Hub, complete with the LINE chime sound.

My OS is 10.3.1.1565.

What I like about 10.3.1 on the Q10 is...-line.jpg
    Warios and Pir4t3 like this.
    03-09-15 12:36 PM