Thought it would be cool to start a thread about things we don't like maybe if its all in one place someone of importance AKA Blackberry can work on a fix since WE the people are the ones using it. (yes yes we all know apps so besides that) .....

So just complete the title with what you don't like about your Q10

....... 1. The hub/msg banner at the bottom it takes up to much unnecessary space. - ok so I noticed when I scroll through msg the banner disappears sometimes. I cant figure out what activates it to go away. but would be nice if it was an option to have it like when installing the android aps. always find myself pressing the send envelop when trying to correct spelling on a word. if you press the 3 dots theirs a SECOND option for attachments :l and you can easily press enter to send (optional but who doesn't use it)

........2. charging port on the side - it makes holding the phone while charging awkward as well as setting it down in my car cup holder

....... 3. lol I miss the touch scroll pad - the screen is just too small to use the on screen cursor THOUGH its the best cursor I've seen. way better then android in my opinion. HANDS DOWN.
    08-31-14 10:49 AM
    About number two,

I actually prefer the charging ports on the side.

I tend to place the phone on my desk cradle when I charge, and having the line coming from the bottom would make it impossible to place it on a cradle while being charged. I have taken calls while charging the phone, and it really doesn't bother me at all.

However, if I had to pick some of my issues,

1. Hanging up a call.

Right now, if I want to hang up a call, I have to open the phone app, wait for the "end call" button to come out and deal with the slight delay that comes with it. It can be very annoying because I feel that it takes longer than how other phones end their calls.

What I suggest: give us an option to end the calls by closing the phone app from the app manager screen. Right now, even if I close the phone app at the app menu, the call does not end, and I have to press on the phone icon on the bottom left of the home screen again to end the calls.
    I think this solution should be very easy to be added, and it would make ending the call a whole lot easier!

2. Search from the home screen misses the first letter due to lag.

The search function from the home screen misses the first letter if I type just normally because it takes time for the search app to open.
    So I have to wait a bit after pressing the first letter of the search for a moment before I can type normally to finish the search term. This does not have to do with the speed dial either because it happens with all the letters I type.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Last edited by skstrials; 08-31-14 at 11:27 AM.
    Delirious D and motec bb like this.
    08-31-14 11:13 AM
    Delirious pls add me pin:2B8FC5A2

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Delirious D and SK122387 like this.
    08-31-14 11:46 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 11:52 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    What would you do if Delirious was the same sex as you?

08-31-14 11:57 AM
    Call button not there...
    Missing trackpad at times...
    Camera is so shaky...
    Lag for the 1st letter when making search..
    Icons big in 10.2.1 (Tried 10.3 too)..
    So many waste space in design...

Posted via CB10
    Delirious D and Frehley like this.
    08-31-14 12:07 PM
    Main problem with the Q10...

Double typing issue.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    08-31-14 12:12 PM
    I've seen some complaints that it's hard to swipe up and see active frames - I find the reverse - I keep doing it accidentally - and would like to be able to adjust that threshold.

Personally I'd prefer larger hardware buttons on the side. Play/Pause is particularly fiddly.

Allow screen rotation for horizontal docks.

Wireless charging.

Support for 64Gb+ microSDXC cards as usb drives.

Size of the SMS compose window is ludicrously small in the standard client.

Make it a couple of mm thicker and give me a huge battery - interested if anyone has a jacket that'll do this.

More hardware keyboard shortcuts

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:22 PM

1. Hanging up a call.

Right now, if I want to hang up a call, I have to open the phone app, wait for the "end call" button to come out and deal with the slight delay that comes with it. It can be very annoying because I feel that it takes longer than how other phones end their calls.

What I suggest: give us an option to end the calls by closing the phone app from the app manager screen. Right now, even if I close the phone app at the app menu, the call does not end, and I have to press on the phone icon on the bottom left of the home screen again to end the calls.
    I think this solution should be very easy to be added, and it would make ending the call a whole lot easier!

ahhh ...... yea that would be frustrating. don't make many calls so haven't experienced that issue yet..

With my G2 even if I close the phone app, at the top (banner) it'll say im on a call with " so and so" and if I click the bubble it takes me back to phone or I can slide notification bar down to end call.. BB is NOT android but seems like the easiest way.
    Last edited by Delirious D; 08-31-14 at 01:05 PM.
    08-31-14 12:55 PM
    I've seen some complaints that it's hard to swipe up and see active frames - I find the reverse - I keep doing it accidentally - and would like to be able to adjust that threshold.

Posted via CB10
    HAHAHA I would add to my list too... especially when swyping through FB or pictures.. I accidently swype the whole app up..
    08-31-14 12:59 PM
    Aren't there about..idk... 92 threads on this? Pretty sure that after over a year, they're aware of all the issues you've named. Especially since there were complaints exactly the same as these just a few days after release. This isn't anything new.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-31-14 03:19 PM
    Main problem with the Q10...

Double typing issue.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    Nice feature combined with missing first letter in search.
    08-31-14 03:25 PM

However, if I had to pick some of my issues,

1. Hanging up a call.

I know the steps can be frustrating but the phone will end the call [disconnect] on it's own as soon as the other party hangs up. All you need to do is minimize the app frame and close it.
    08-31-14 03:56 PM
    Can't think of anything I dislike about my Q10, aside from not having like 5 of them.

Posted via CB10
    farmer nic likes this.
    08-31-14 04:03 PM
    Just the amoled screen. Miss LCD.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    Frehley and farmer nic like this.
    08-31-14 05:38 PM
    I don't get the doubled typing issues which many complain about. If I'm being really picky I'd prefer to have physical dial and hang-up keys plus remove some of the bloatware eg. Storymaker, phone app icon, camera icon, email / text icon...

Posted via Q10 (10.3.0.675 )
    08-31-14 06:59 PM
    To any dev out there: is it at all possible to program the Q10 Volume Up to answer a call in the phone app and Volume Down to end a call? I keep going back to my 9900 for days I know I'll be conferencing a lot because of the dedicated Call and End buttons.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-31-14 07:40 PM
    1- Charging port location
    2- need 10.3 now!
    3- better camera

These are my top three things I would change.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 08:12 PM
    No button that allows me to immediately end a call.

Screen size.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 06:04 AM
    No call end.
    Scrolling.
    No trackpad.
    Having to press alt for secondary keys.
    Cant use the side button for quick app.
    09-01-14 02:54 PM

Still be friends dude.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 03:04 PM
    I really wont this dimenzion with just a bit larger screen

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 05:49 PM
    My white Q10 battery door has gotten pretty creaky.. I have to use a Post-It and a little card between the battery and battery door to firm things up.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 06:17 PM

Probably not ask them to add him hahaha

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 06:18 PM
    BlackBerry Q10, being a physical keyboard phone, could have a charging port in the bottom. Because people who (mostly) love texting/E-mailing will use this device.
    I myself use my Q10 for every single text thingy. Don't even touch the other device that I own, I just cannot type on the touch screen anymore. So yes, charging port on the side is an issue for me. But then again, I can adjust with it, charging my phone for 20 minutes, and it has enough juice for me to go for a couple of hours more.

Second, this is what has happened to me, and I'm sure others too, the back door!! It's just too loose, I like to use my phone naked, but the back door simply slides off while I try to take it out of the pocket. So I've to use a case, and that makes the phone a bit bulky. Not much, just a bit.

I'm fine with no trackpad, call end button, those are the issues one can adjust to. Wish I could assign a key, through which I can end the call. But then again, I just cannot ask for more. I got the BlackBerry Q10 for texting, E-Mailing, and this device is a boss. So without 'complaining' much. I'd just stop the rant here.

The pros make the cons unseen. Doesn't matter. Will wait for the Classic. I'm not getting the passport. Well, that's another thing.

I LOVE my BlackBerry Q10, and wish to keep this device, I've sold many, but not going to sell this one. It has been attached to me, I cannot imagine what it is without the instant search option, and that flawless keyboard! Nothing much to say!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 12:23 AM
91 123 ...