One thing I see a lot of on the forums are lots of people considering themselves heavy users of their BlackBerry's, but at the same time there are the same groups of people saying that they get two days use from a single charge.

I remember was back on OS 5 or before there was an app called 'I love BlackBerry ' which tracked your use on various apps, and gave you a tally of just how addicted to your BlackBerry you really were.

On the Q I0 am getting about 10-12 hours use a day out of a charge. Quite a lot of bbm throughout the day, rather heavy use of good ol' CrackBerry, as well as a few calls, lots of browsing, and an abundance of twitter use. To me, getting the time I get from a single charge is acceptable but longer would be nice.

I'm just curious to know how long people are getting from a single charge, and how they would rate their usage pattern.

For me, im a heavy user, getting 10-12 hours and am ok with that.

Posted via CB10
    Andrew Sheldon likes this.
    05-05-13 07:20 PM
    Heavy use to me would mean constant use. Such as conversations/emails ongoing throughout the day. The phone should never be untouched for longer than 10 minutes.
    Snazy and takeo like this.
    05-05-13 07:35 PM
    Heavy use to me would mean constant use. Such as conversations/emails ongoing throughout the day. The phone should never be untouched for longer than 10 minutes.
    Nicely summarised.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:36 PM
    What? I use it as a hammer, stool, baseball bat, etc. Isn't that heavy use?
    05-05-13 07:37 PM
    Lol exactly I hate when people say "Heavy Use" and claim days of battery life using LTE, wifi, blue tooth, YouTube, music browsing, those are all big fat lies. To me heavy use is using the phone constantly without even letting lock up lol well that's exaggerating a bit but definitely texting a lot, bbm all day, music, games videos. That's heavy use and no way your battery will last a day on that kind of use, not even half a day.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    Snazy likes this.
    05-05-13 07:42 PM
    I agree with the description from the second poster about being touched and used every 10 minutes.

I'm getting 6 hrs now per charge and I've had my new Z10 since Friday so I know it's still "Learning" me and will be hard on the battery for the next few days.

Lots of Twitter/email etc during that time. Crackberry app is also getting some use.

Games like Angry birds suck up the battery a little more.

Posted via CB10
    Snazy likes this.
    05-05-13 07:56 PM
    I would consider myself a power ( heavy user ) as my phone is company issued and I take calls on it...
    ...I just went through my calls from this last Friday and all added up it came to 3 hours and 29 minutes.
    ...That was from when the phone was unplugged at 7:30am to when it got plugged into the car at 5:30pm.

I use a Bluetooth headset and it's on all the time.

I got 37 emails in that time and responded to 8.....
    ...6 text messages.

This was on an iphone 4S and by the time I hook up to power in the car at 5:30 the phone was at 6% battery life....
    ...That's a solid 10 hours and what I would consider heavy use for a cell phone.

Given everything that was said about the Q10 I would have assumed the battery life would best an iphone 4s easily.....
    ...10 hours hardly seems "mind blowing" even in the most liberal definition of the term!

If the Q10 is able to match the battery life I'm getting out of my iphone I would be happy!
    ...With all the hype from crackberry about how mind blowing the battery life on the Q was gonna be.
    ...It would be insulting if by that people meant it would be "as good" as an iphone 4s.
    05-05-13 08:33 PM
    Ok, call me crazy, but I did a lot of counting of my 'received' messages.

In the past 24 hours I have received exactly:

WhatsApp: 450 Messages.
    BBM: 89 Messages.
    Email: 27 Emails.
    Texting: 3 Messages
    Facebook: 111 Messages, and 6 other Facebook notifications.
    Calls: Only 3.

This is keeping in mind that most of this was on a Sunday, and for me, Sundays and Mondays are my free days. Another thing to keep in mind is that this list does NOT include replies. I would have replied to at least 95% of these messages (total). In a week day, I normally don't have too many calls, but can be over 10 calls (all for a normally short period of time (under 3 minutes). Text messages will usually be in excess of 30+ a day. Due to my plan not having a large text allowance, I rely a LOT on WhatsApp.

I don't know how this compares to other phone users... is this a lot? I think it may be more than the average iOS user, but not sure about the average BlackBerry user.

Blackberry Faithful
    takeo likes this.
    05-05-13 11:48 PM
    Then, of course, there is the addition of Browsing the Web. Oh how I love Web surfing.

Also, since I have had the Z10, I have been playing a few games. Autumn Dynasty will destroy your battery.

I surf Blaq as often as I please as well. It isn't that often, probably a few times a day. That is not nearly as much as I use crackberry.com's app. That would probably be used the most on my phone, closely followed by WhatsApp.

Blackberry Faithful
    05-05-13 11:58 PM
    Yeah, as one of the poster said, heavy use is having the lock feature enabled but using so frequently that you never enter the password throughout the day.

I am one of those bb addicts (i enter password maybe once in a day) and dev c with full os and 1800mhA last approx 10 to 15 hours depending on how busy the day is

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 12:03 AM
    Oh, i have wifi constantly on and 80% of the time, I'm in a wifi zone. I rarely makes phone calls, and bluetooth is always on as well. **** nfc. Never had to use it since they introduced the feature in os 7

I do stream videos but negligible amount and I dont have more than 4 apps opened at any time. I use twitter very often so I am constantly making internet connection (mostly via wifi) on top of connections made for email and bbm.

I do take approx 5 pictures every day but I highly doubt it has any effect on the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 12:07 AM
    My large order of NFC Tags (kitting out my home and my work) will most likely see me have NFC turned on permanently. I do use NFC occasionally, and I that if NFC is kept on all the time, the difference in battery isn't even worth mentioning.

I use NFC to transfer files and photos every now and then, but after my Tags arrive, I will probably be using it more than dozen times a day.

Blackberry Faithful
    05-06-13 12:22 AM
    What do you call 'heavy use'?-image.jpgLook at screen time. Your screen has been on over 60% of the time your phone has been off the charger, that's heavy use.

Photo by justquan2 • Instagram
    parryl likes this.
    05-06-13 12:32 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	158647Look at screen time. Your screen has been on over 60% of the time your phone has been off the charger, that's heavy use.

Photo by justquan2 � Instagram
    Loving all the replies, and looks like at least the people on the thread know what heavy use is, or by my standards anyway

Justquan2, what app is this?

Posted via CB10
    nduka144m likes this.
    05-06-13 04:07 AM
    I think one should not just compare with others regarding battery life. We probably should compare with previous phones we use. That will be a more like-to-like comparison on how good a battery life the Q10 is. Then we can see whether the Q10 is giving more battery life than other phones one have used before.
    05-06-13 04:39 AM
    To be honest, I'm not sure if comparing it to other phones is of too much use, especially if you already own one.
    I guess maybe to others viewing it with a purchase in mind.

The problem with comparing it to other phones is none have been of the same spec or form as the 9900.

I ask the question because I was curious of what people called heavy use. And how some people claiming heavy use were also saying 40+ hours of battery life.
    My girlfriend got 35+ hours from her Q, but compared to me and others I know with a BlackBerry she hardly touches hers.

Posted via CB10
    leslie haw likes this.
    05-06-13 05:05 AM
    Do I need to get you lot a ruler?

I'm not a heavy user by any stretch. I don't need this for my employment and I'm certainly not tethered to my phone - in fact, I am not allowed to have my phone with me during the day while I am at work. It sits in a locker in airplane mode. I'm not sure yet what my true battery life is since I have only had it a few days, but it's been really great for me thus far. I can easily get two days of usage out of it at this point based on what I use it for, which isn't hundreds of messages all the time. I don't want to imagine my life where I am tethered to a phone in order to function.

JB
    05-06-13 05:50 AM
    Haha ok ok Cranky!
    Not for one minute suggesting everyone should be 'connected' to the mothership at all times, how Apple like would that be! Haha.

Does seem that with light, almost 'normal' use, for people who can manage separation without an anxiety attack (like I get), that the Q10 has a more than adequate battery on board.

Guess it's just important to people like myself who cringe at the thought of being out of touch, for the battery to get us through a decent day of use. Which to me, it does fine.

Other aspects such as network coverage, connection choice, and settings also play a bit part. But I'm just generalising a bit.
    Not making a very good point here am I lol

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:04 AM
    Loving all the replies, and looks like at least the people on the thread know what heavy use is, or by my standards anyway

Justquan2, what app is this?

Posted via CB10
    Gsam battery monitor for android. I used it on 3 of my devices running android os. Those stats are from my galaxy note 2. At the moment I have to say that phone had the best battery life of any device at the time.
    05-06-13 10:13 AM
    Hey Snazy,
    For me this means that I use my device constantly such as tune in radio in the background, BBM and go o to the web and the CB10 app and unlocking the screen a lot. Using Skype or Viber extensively like any other personal messenger.

That for me is heavy use and a few phone calls. I mostly use Skype or Viber to do so and quite a few text messages. All on all heavy use means something else entirely for everyone. However, I hope you found this helpful.

Posted via CB10
    Snazy likes this.
    05-06-13 10:56 AM
    ME!!
    I'm always using my Q 10 and every other device I've owned. When I'm not cruising CB10 I'm email, social networking I'm listing to music through music app or streaming. I was having to swap batteries at about 6 hours of heavey use with the Z10. Q 10 I'm getting about 10

Posted via CB10
    Snazy likes this.
    05-06-13 11:04 AM
    Is there a very detail specific battery app in bb world? I like to keep track of my battery stats. Thats if and when my Q10 arrives.
    05-06-13 03:28 PM
    Is there a very detail specific battery app in bb world? I like to keep track of my battery stats. Thats if and when my Q10 arrives.
    Battery guru seems to be the main one that people are gravitating to. Not tried it myself, just using Battery Lover myself.

Posted via CB10
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    05-06-13 03:52 PM
    Battery guru seems to be the main one that people are gravitating to. Not tried it myself, just using Battery Lover myself.

Posted via CB10
    I will give it a look see. I see bebuzz has a battery % in the active frame. I just got it today so I will see how much heavy use I can put on it once I start contacting everyone. I'm not going to add music til I get me another fresh sd card. 32gb and higher. I do have LTE here in the states on this unlocked Q10 so that will play a big part I'm sure.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:09 PM
    Here's my usage for a day. I'm trying to figure out what those spikes are while charging.

What do you call 'heavy use'?-img_00000077.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    05-09-13 08:14 PM
30 12