So I see that there is a sub forum for the Blackberry Q20 (Blackberry classic) but is there going to be an update to the Q10? I am sure I heard rumblings of a Q30? - Any more information on it, is it coming this year, is it even confirmed?
    04-20-14 01:28 PM
    The classic is the updated Q10...

Aka S.Jizzle Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    04-20-14 01:54 PM
    The way I understood it the classic was a different model there will be the classic with the tool belt,the all touch and the keyboard and touch q10 style. I might be wrong but I don't see the q20 as an upgrade to the q10 it's a different phone

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-20-14 01:57 PM
    Lets wait and see... im not quite sure about the Q30 tbh
    04-20-14 02:00 PM
    Valid way to look at it. But then it would also seem strange to feel that the Q20 is not an update to my Q10.

Aka S.Jizzle Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    04-20-14 02:08 PM
    It's confirmed that the BlackBerry Classic is the official name for the upcoming BB10 phone with the tool belt. It isn't going to be called the Q20

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry
    04-20-14 05:49 PM
    Just read an interview Chen did on USA Today, said BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 06:20 PM
    Until we have some specs I don't think we will know for sure if BlackBerry Classic is an upgrade or not. Might be a low end phone. Whatever the next flagship phone with a keyboard will be the Q10 upgrade. We do know that a new flagship/high end is coming. Just don't know exactly when

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 08:09 PM
    Until we have some specs I don't think we will know for sure if BlackBerry Classic is an upgrade or not. Might be a low end phone. Whatever the next flagship phone with a keyboard will be the Q10 upgrade. We do know that a new flagship/high end is coming. Just don't know exactly when

Posted via CB10
    The classic is rumored to have Z30s hardware.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-20-14 08:25 PM
    The classic is rumored to have Z30s hardware.

I heard it's locked in at 3.5 Amoled Screen with 1:1 Ratio. Battery expected between 2600mAh and 3000mAh. That's all I've heard "confirmed".

Even the belt they've only confirmed the trackpad old school, so I guess the other buttons could be touch on the belt, who knows?

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    04-20-14 09:23 PM
    WhAt about the Windmere?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    04-21-14 11:03 AM
    WhAt about the Windmere?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    At this point it's mere wind.
    revtech and BB Super Junior like this.
    04-21-14 12:35 PM
    I think the market would be there for an enlarged Q10, presumably the Q30. Something which would give me a somewhat larger footprint but with the same keyboard functionality and a replaceable battery. This machine would be the ultimate mobile business-tool.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 12:41 PM
    I think the market would be there for an enlarged Q10, presumably the Q30. Something which would give me a somewhat larger footprint but with the same keyboard functionality and a replaceable battery. This machine would be the ultimate mobile business-tool.

Posted via CB10
    I'd certainly go for it. A little wider and a little taller, going for 4:3 ratio in portrait.
    04-21-14 12:55 PM
    Meh, I don't know why people are so obsessed with the screen size of the Q10.

The phone dimensions are perfect the way it is! The Q10 is now one of the few flagship phones that you can touch all four corners of the phone with one hand, not many phones can do this these days.

The only thing I could ask for could be more reliable and stronger hardware as some people seem to be having issues with the double typing thing. And if they could reduce the top bezel size and fit the screen there, that could work as well.

But I do not want the exterior of the phone to change, as I like the phone to be portable and to be easily used with one hand.

If you want the keyboard AND some 16 by 9 or 4 by 3 screen ratio, forget it. That will make the phone way too long and it would also make it very ugly as well. Just take a look at the Windmere concept thing. http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-w...t-looking-good
    04-21-14 02:09 PM
    Meh, I don't know why people are so obsessed with the screen size of the Q10.

The phone dimensions are perfect the way it is! The Q10 is now one of the few flagship phones that you can touch all four corners of the phone with one hand, not many phones can do this these days.

The only thing I could ask for could be more reliable and stronger hardware as some people seem to be having issues with the double typing thing. And if they could reduce the top bezel size and fit the screen there, that could work as well.

But I do not want the exterior of the phone to change, as I like the phone to be portable and to be easily used with one hand.

If you want the keyboard AND some 16 by 9 or 4 by 3 screen ratio, forget it. That will make the phone way too long and it would also make it very ugly as well. Just take a look at the Windmere concept thing. http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-w...t-looking-good
    The problem is the Q10 didnt exactly turn BlackBerry to profitably. So something else has to be done.

04-21-14 02:32 PM

If you want the keyboard AND some 16 by 9 or 4 by 3 screen ratio, forget it. That will make the phone way too long and it would also make it very ugly as well.
    I disagree. I think the Q10 could be enlarged to 4:3 without becoming a monster, especially if it's possible to encroach on that top region where the BlackBerry logo is. I agree 16:9 is out of the question.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    revtech likes this.
    04-21-14 02:54 PM
    I think that Windmer concept actually looks pretty good. And the belt on top of the keyboard and I think that's what the classic will look like.

04-22-14 02:52 AM
    The problem is the Q10 didnt exactly turn BlackBerry to profitably. So something else has to be done.

Yes, and the problem isn't the Q10 or any Blackberry hardware for that matter... it's the total lack of third party app support. If Blackberry can keep writing all the clients for third party services like FaceBook, Twitter etc... fine but they desperately need more apps. Also a better marketing team. They need to fix all of the little annoying O/S bugs and make it "feel" as polished as iOS or Windows Phone.

I would really like to see some kind of package tracking app like iOS/OS X has called "Deliveries", it would be nice if all the major airlines, Amtrak had their own apps as well as the courier serves like Fedex, UPS, USPS. Remember that saying Apple coined "There's an App for that" ya well Blackberry needs to be able to say that in order to survive. What about banking apps? PayPal, Chase, American Experss, Citi Bank... they're extremely useful and make people use their smartphone more.

I take the subway everyday into work and see all these people on their devices doing things... and I think to myself darn I can't do half the things they are doing on my Blackberry because "There isn't an app for that".
    04-22-14 07:41 AM
    So what you're saying is that BlackBerry's future is at the mercy of third party developers?
    04-22-14 09:33 AM
    I kind of agree that it is. All of us in BB10 know how great the operating system is but we all know that there is a lack of apps.

Yes, it is slowly getting better with each OS update, now being able to install apps direct from the phone, but it's still not simple enough for the average consumer.

A lot of people I'm this forum think from a Power Users perspective when they talk about the future of BlackBerry, but we are just a small percentage whereas the average consumer makes up the majority.

04-22-14 09:48 AM
    What I think is needed is to explain to a main street user what the key advantages of using BB10 are. I can explain the Q10 but I can't make clear why BB10 is so great simply because 1) i've never used an iphone 2) BB10 is so instinctive to use and has so many advantages which take time to explain.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 03:08 PM
    So what you're saying is that BlackBerry's future is at the mercy of third party developers?
    No just Blackberries all mobile operating systems. OS X the desktop had the same problem for the longest time Apple did everything possible to make the transition as smooth as possible for its users even did what BlackBerry is doing now with android they had "rosetta" which allowed OS 9 apps to run on OS X that was a stop gap solution. At the same time they had to convince all the OS 9 developers to rewrite their apps for OS X and of course there'd the PowerPC to Intel CPU transition. Adobe was one of the longest holdouts.

But Mac made a come back and now most major apps including auto cad has a version for mac.

Most of my posts are very critical of BlackBerry. I like the hardware and I like QNX, but we should be otherwise BlackBerry is gonna fail. Competition is tough in mobile, look at HTC they came out with a great device HTC One fantastic design and hardware minus the camera and they are still hurting.

Posted via my Q10
    04-22-14 08:45 PM