Short story is, my Q10 got crushed and hit some concrete at 60 mph. The screen is completely gone, the rear camera is nowhere to be found, the original battery is gone.

Pretty much the only thing that is in-tact is the SIM card, mini SD card, and seemingly the motherboard.

I now have a replacement Q10 that works great. But after inserting my mini-SD card, I learned that pictures from the last 6 months stopped saving from the SD card and were put on the internal memory of the now wrecked Q10. The last 6 months include a few somewhat important life events I'd like to have back.

In short, is there any way I can get my pictures back with only the motherboard and a Mac? I have BBLink but it so far does not recognize my totaled phone when I connect it to my computer.

I'm not very hardware-savvy so if there's any helpful advice or experience out there, I would love to learn from you!

Thanks for taking the time to read.
    03-26-16 01:34 PM
    Well. You can't be so sure that the board was not damaged. If it was not, inserting a battery And pressing the power button should put on the phone, cos the phone has to be on to access the files, you can know if the phone is on via the light on the keypad since the screen is gone. Then if your phone has security, there is a big problem. If it's a password you can try to type it out and press enter but if it's the other type where you have to drag numbers, just forget it! You Mac can't access your files if you have security in it. But if the above is not a problem, but you system still does not recognise your phone, then it may be that your USB port was damaged, you will need a technician to change it. But hey? If your phone still powers up, the technician can as well change the screen and camera and every other thing that got damaged. I hope this helped
    03-26-16 03:23 PM
    Your only hope would be transferring the board to the new body, unless you can get the battery to work on the board, and the USB port is intact. Then maybe you can access via USB, if the board will boot without peripherals. Nothing I've ever tried. If the USB is toast, but the board isn't, using the new body you should be able to access via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
    03-26-16 03:27 PM