Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By xCBLurker
  • 1 Post By drmike
  • 2 Post By nucks26
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What blackberry should do for the Q20, to satisfy track pad users

Use a similar mechanism that the ps3 official keypad uses as a touchpad/track pad.

Basically, when you slide your fingers over the keyboard (not pressing down on the keys), this will act as a touchpad. If this was implemented on a blackberry, it would be the trackpad replacement without having a need to physically have a trackpad.

I think it's the perfect solution.

Posted via CB10
    merli001 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

You can see how it works in that video.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

After a weekend working with BB10 and the Z10 you don't notice the lack of a track pad at all.

BB10 was designed for no track pad. I can't see it with one.

Posted via CB10
    jimmyjyc likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by drmike View Post
    After a weekend working with BB10 and the Z10 you don't notice the lack of a track pad at all.

Posted via CB10
    I can definitely still find use of a track pad.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts

I use the track. Pad all the time
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,342 Global Posts
    PIN
    eapple. Grill it. It's Delicious

I think it is a great idea. In addition to that I thought it would have been great if the silver bars on the Q10 could be used as part of the swiping up action. This way the user wouldn't have to touch the screen at the bottom that seemed to give trouble in the beginning stages of the OS.

Probably easier to make the silver bars "active" than making an entire keyboard surface active.
    CrackBerry Genius

Trackpad fans simply have to face the fact that it is gone for bb10 and will not be coming back, going forward their focus is obviously going to be improving stuff like text selection via touch since that provides benefits to all their future devices not just some of them.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE0379B

Quote Originally Posted by xCBLurker View Post
    Use a similar mechanism that the ps3 official keypad uses as a touchpad/track pad.

Basically, when you slide your fingers over the keyboard (not pressing down on the keys), this will act as a touchpad. If this was implemented on a blackberry, it would be the trackpad replacement without having a need to physically have a trackpad.

I think it's the perfect solution.

Posted via CB10
    That would be awsome
    BB Q10 / BB Z10 / BB P'9981 / BB Playbook
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    Trackpad fans simply have to face the fact that it is gone for bb10 and will not be coming back, going forward their focus is obviously going to be improving stuff like text selection via touch since that provides benefits to all their future devices not just some of them.
    As touchscreen technology improves it should be possible to make a virtual trackpad appear anywhere on screen, recognising moves and responding to a quick tap as a keypress. I thought of implementing this for Android but the API couldn't handle it at the time.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

That would be great, and the tech on the PS3 keyboard works really well. I also think there's a future in the tech that Sony used on the Vita with the touchpad on the back of the device.

Global Posts
    6,562 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by drmike View Post

Posted via CB10
    That's not completely true, since a Bluetooth mouse will work. All we need to do is duplicate this and we'll be on to something.

Posted via CB10
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

--Mark Twain
    CrackBerry Genius

Did you know that you can use the bubble the same way as a BlackBerry track pad? Just hold on either the left or right end of the bubble and drag it up, down, left or right to wherever you want the cursor to move - just like you would with the BlackBerry legacy devices.

ATTACH]146281[/ATTACH]

Quote Originally Posted by texn884 View Post
    I use the track. Pad all the time

[

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What blackberry should do for the Q20, to satisfy track pad users-img_00000089.png  
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

close but no cigar Back from the dead
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,364 Global Posts

Someone obviously missed the live blog...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Who the hell would want to use a virtual track pad? Really people? That's just using a touch screen???? The point of the track pad is to feel it physically there for purposes of accuracy. And the clicking of it as well

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    Thanked by:
    quangtran1 (02-25-2014) 
    rai187 and dphjeff like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nucks26 View Post
    Who the hell would want to use a virtual track pad? Really people? That's just using a touch screen???? The point of the track pad is to feel it physically there for purposes of accuracy. And the clicking of it as well

Actually, a variety of people here have expressed an interest in a virtual trackpad.

Because it provides benefits without changing the hardware in a full touchscreen device.

Because it could be invoked only when desired or disabled entirely. No impact on people that do not want it.

Because it is one less hardware item to impact the long-term reliability of the device.

Because when hidden it does not usurp space on the device that cannot be used for display or keyboard, either forcing those components to be smaller or forcing the device to be larger.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    744 Global Posts

I want a hard key that is a back button!! Having arrow at bottom of screen takes up space, and on snap android apps, it takes forever to go from hide bar, unhide etc

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by nucks26 View Post

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    When you move the mouse via the trackpad you don't feel the trackpad move at all, the only movement it makes is when you click on it.
    Q10
    Leak 10.3.1.1151
    CrackBerry Abuser

You were saying?