As I'm sure you guys have also found, you occasionally need to delete long text message conversations from the phone in order to keep messaging running smoothly. So I was doing that and now I no longer get notified of texts from my mom.

The conversation deleted from the list of conversations, but when she texts me now I get no audible or visible notification, and the only way to view my conversation with her is to compose a new text to her. When I do that, it opens up and shows me the big long conversation I was trying to delete in the first place.

I've tried doing a battery pull but havent tried too much else yet. Any ideas?
    08-23-15 02:23 PM
    Check memory. Make sure you're not maxed out

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 09:06 PM
    No, lots of memory... And it's only the one contact this happens with.
    08-24-15 12:31 AM
    If you just hold the date you can delete just the prior messages from said date. I haven't run into this yet but sometimes I don't get notifications (no sound/vibrate) I've seen the issue brought up before.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:56 AM
    I am having the exact same issue with my Z10! Have you found a fix yet?
    10-07-15 11:45 AM
    Did you check the settings for contacts?

Weird SMS issue on Q10, one of my conversations won't appear. What should I do?-img_20151007_140323.png

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 02:03 PM
    I have that same issue and have been looking for a fix. I have been over my phone, deleted, re-entered, checked for updates, checked notifications for contact, and nothing! If she calls my phone or emails me, it is fine. She is just absent from texts. If I go into compose a text, and type in her name, I can see what she has sent me but nothing otherwise. It is so frustrating!
    I'm using the BB Z30.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated - this is driving me crazy!
    11-09-15 08:59 AM
    I posted this on a similar threat under Passport, but I'm having the same issue:

I have had a similar issue but with a Q10 (10.3.2.2474).

There is something wrong with the text chat with the contact I chat with most often.
    • I do not get notified when I get a new text message from the contact
    • The chat does not appear in either the hub or under text messages
    • I can find the chat by composing a new text message and entering the contact's name (this is the only way I can find new messages)
    • The chat history does show up under texts if I have a draft text message composed (though I still don't get notified of new messages)
    • Clear Chat and Name Chat are disabled
    • End Chat is enabled but it doesn't actually delete the chat
    • I can delete individual messages
    • I have tried deleting and re-adding the contact but the chat history is still there (and I still don't get notified of new messages)
    • The contact isn't linked to anything (e.g. Facebook)
    • I don't have any custom notification settings for this contact
    • The contact uses an iPhone, if that makes a difference.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    11-09-15 03:09 PM