While not a big deal just wondering if someone can explain why text would be like this sometimes. It seems to "fade off" like in this image on some posts.. not a lot.

At first I think it's just to indicate there is more text perhaps that can't fit but now I am not so sure. It is not specific to a part of my screen.

(The text in the image should be "otw")

Thanks!

Weird Fading in Texts on Q10-weirdq10.jpg
    04-04-14 05:29 AM
    Usually that means the length of the text is exceeding the size of the "slot" or "bubble" that is allocated for it.
    You can see this easily in email messages where you enter a very long email address to send too.
    If there is truly nothing more to that line other than "otw" then I'm not sure why it has been truncated.
    04-04-14 07:47 AM
    Yeah weird lol....
    04-04-14 07:23 PM
    I have the same issue but it's happening with longer words.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 11:08 PM
    I had that happen to me with the text message previews in the hub. Only on one message with the word "cool" and other, longer ones were not faded. Also, it was in different positions (from the top in message order) still, only that one message was faded. So, I'm also wondering about this.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 11:16 PM
    I've noticed this a lot in the Facebook messenger since the Facebook app was updated. It's definitely a bug where text is truncated due to insufficient allocation...it seems to happen frequently for one word messages rather than sentences.

Posted via CB10
    anthrogirl likes this.
    04-05-14 02:07 AM
    Ok as long as its some sort of bug it's honestly not a big deal but at first I thought maybe my phone had a screen problem lol but that didn't make sense.

Thanks for making me not think something wrong with hardware but hopefully gets fixed although it's not even a big deal usually because it's a relatively infrequent occurrence.

I've noticed this a lot in the Facebook messenger since the Facebook app was updated. It's definitely a bug where text is truncated due to insufficient allocation...it seems to happen frequently for one word messages rather than sentences.

Posted via CB10
    anthrogirl likes this.
    04-05-14 02:56 AM
    Ok I figured it out... at least the fading word on my text (in the hub) is due to the person having a signature. so in short if they do this...

Hey

Whatsup?

Hey will show and be faded toward the end. Or possibly even if it is

Hey. Whatsup?

That's what it seems to me to be! For all with this issue check and see if that makes sense for you.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    04-24-14 12:36 AM
    Also hyphenated words fade*

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 12:38 AM
    Thanks for the follow up, 1mabr0k3nr0b0t
    04-24-14 10:22 AM