So, the Classic has its own thread on it, so I thought Q10s might have their say, too:

Are you moving to the KEYone? Why or why not? Maybe waiting for a review or two?

Personally, I think it's a pretty awesome phone! Two of my "big" preferences for a phone were a pkb and compactness. Since the Classic didn't really offer more from that perspective for me, I've been on this little Q for so long. Even with the (significantly?) larger size, it seems like we're getting a lot on the KEYone...

(and try your best not to let this thread steer down Rant Lane about BB10 or price lol)

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 05:15 PM
    I will need to see it in person before I make a decision, but as of right now it looks too awkward (top heavy).

I use this as a messaging and Spotify / Pandora streaming device, so I don't need a 16x9 ratio screen on my phone.

It would be nice to have a larger pkb device, but same size ratio as the Q10.

 Q10 SQN100-2 10.3.2.2813 / Droid Turbo 2 XT1585 6.0
    02-27-17 05:33 PM
    Yessiree!
    02-27-17 05:34 PM
    Even though compactness is a big deal for me, I probably will upgrade to a KEYone because of the PKB.

Having said that, hope to stick with a Q10 for at least another 12 months. Even though KEYone's battery is apparently very enduring, I'm still not totally comfortable switching to non-removable.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 05:40 PM
    I'm waiting for more reviews. Possibly until a carrier gets it in the store to play with it.

But my impressions are good so far. Lots of negativity and the usual doom and gloom from childish members. But I look forward to the device and the niche market it will cater to.
    02-27-17 05:44 PM
    I will need to see it in person before I make a decision, but as of right now it looks too awkward (top heavy).
    Yeah, the weight distribution was a concern for me, too. The SlashGear hands-on seems to think it actually feels lighter than 180g, simply because it felt pretty balanced.

The size ratio of the Q10 was and still is amazing! It just fits perfectly in the hand for getting work done. . .I'm going to miss the little guy
    02-27-17 05:52 PM
    Even though compactness is a big deal for me, I probably will upgrade to a KEYone because of the PKB.
    Yeah, last year I tried to let go of the Q10 while the android pkb remained an uncertain chimera of BB. When the keynote invites went out for the iPhone SE, I (stupidly) sold my Q10 ahead of time and planned to swing into the glass-tapping present. At least it'd still be compact and modern! But, the weeks until its availability in-store grew longer and longer as I tapped them out on my backup phone (2015 moto g). By the end of March, I was on Ebay buying my "new" phone, another Q10. The poor thing endured many a google for meager news about that elusive, clicky android-that-might-be.

In the end, I guess a pkb is what I wanted the most. . .so KEYone it is!
    02-27-17 06:27 PM
    I'm waiting for review first, if it flawless like Q10 than I will buy for K1

Sent From Amazing Q10
    02-28-17 07:15 AM
    I won't be moving.
    02-28-17 08:12 PM
    Probably not. The Q10 has LTE and my needs are very limited.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 09:32 PM
    Nope. The compact size of this phone is indispensable. I alternate with a galaxy phone anyway. For important stuff, the q10 helps me get things done. I keep coming back to this phone when I need to perform in the "clutch".

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 11:54 PM
    Staying put on the old, antiquated BBOS10. The KEYone is Android. Yeah, it may have a BB skin on it, but it's still Android.

Comparing the Q10 to the KEYone at the phone arena site:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/siz...nes/10439,7693

And just added the Passport to the mix:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/siz...0439,7693,8854
    Last edited by iRetired; 03-02-17 at 11:14 AM.
    03-02-17 10:42 AM
    Nope. The compact size of this phone is indispensable. I alternate with a galaxy phone anyway. For important stuff, the q10 helps me get things done. I keep coming back to this phone when I need to perform in the "clutch".

Posted via CB10
    I can't help but hope (however unlikely, given industry trends against "true" compacts) that someday TLC might resurrect the form factor of the Bold/Q10. I guess a proper screen ratio would be especially tricky/expensive to gamble on a small phone. That said, I'd buy it in a heartbeat even after spending so much on the KEYone.

It is pretty hard to beat that clutch for getting things done!!
    Last edited by lasoiveille; 03-02-17 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Gotta learn to spell KEYone . . .
    03-02-17 04:34 PM
    I think I will, maybe
    03-02-17 04:39 PM
    I can't help but hope (however unlikely, given industry trends against "true" compacts) that someday TLC might resurrect the form factor of the Bold/Q10.
    Wholeheartedly agree! The Android apps I have on my Q10 work without too much drama. While some don't display perfectly they are fine to use. I'd love a similar shaped phone with a KEYone-quality camera, fast cpu and removable battery. Come on TLC, make a Blackberry fan's wild, wild dream come true

Posted via CB10
    lasoiveille likes this.
    03-02-17 04:59 PM
    Come on TLC, make a Blackberry fan's wild, wild dream come true

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely! I'd buy two!! lol
    03-02-17 05:08 PM
    Wholeheartedly agree! The Android apps I have on my Q10 work without too much drama. While some don't display perfectly they are fine to use. I'd love a similar shaped phone with a KEYone-quality camera, fast cpu and removable battery. Come on TLC, make a Blackberry fan's wild, wild dream come true

Posted via CB10
    I gave up on them. Did not have full functionality and killed my battery in a few hours. Most will be obsolete with updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 05:33 PM
    I gave up on them. Did not have full functionality and killed my battery in a few hours. Most will be obsolete with updates.

Posted via CB10
    Guess it depends entirely on what apps you use. I have around 10 Android ones installed and haven't found functionality to be a problem. Battery life is definitely reduced but would say it's no less than your average Android phone which would have a bigger screen but couldn't sit half as comfortably in your pocket

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 06:41 PM
    At the moment, no.

However, will wait to see the reviews. Yet, I do not think any reviews will change my mind. Still like the removable battery, the ability to refuse access to contacts, pictures, etc, the footprint. Could continue, but the faithful understand.

If, and this is a big "if", TLC introduced a Blandroid, approximately the same size as the Q, with a smiley keyboard of Bold legacy, a removable battery, locked down permissions, and true premium quality, then, just maybe then, I might consider. Yet, chances of such a phone are next to zero, me thinks.
    03-02-17 06:57 PM
    Guess it depends entirely on what apps you use. I have around 10 Android ones installed and haven't found functionality to be a problem. Battery life is definitely reduced but would say it's no less than your average Android phone which would have a bigger screen but couldn't sit half as comfortably in your pocket

Posted via CB10

That's what I've found too. Some Android apps are awful: Skype had my Q10 running hot and killed the battery within 8 hours, almost zero screen-on time. Others work without problems, including Simplenote, DS File Manager (for my Synology DiskStation), Netflix, JetAudio Plus, and Podtrapper.
    03-02-17 09:29 PM
    At the moment, no.

However, will wait to see the reviews. Yet, I do not think any reviews will change my mind. Still like the removable battery, the ability to refuse access to contacts, pictures, etc, the footprint. Could continue, but the faithful understand.
    Yeah, I totally understand what you mean, especially with the removable battery. It is quite handy! But I'm guessing (no experience in the industry) it's more expensive to produce that than non-removable :P

As for permissions, for what it's worth, there are app permissions in Nougat, just like Marshmallow. Granted, some apps can refuse to run if they're denied what they request/demand, but the same could be said on any platform (BB10 included). It's up to each dev

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 04:45 PM
    I can't help but hope (however unlikely, given industry trends against "true" compacts) that someday TLC might resurrect the form factor of the Bold/Q10. I guess a proper screen ratio would be especially tricky/expensive to gamble on a small phone. That said, I'd buy it in a heartbeat even after spending so much on the KEYone.

It is pretty hard to beat that clutch for getting things done!!
    That would be a beauty to behold - a modern bold/Q10 updated with today's specs. Who knows what the future holds. The old Nokia phones from the 2000s are being manufactured again (modernised of course). TCL (BlackBerry mobile) may bring back the compact form factor (Candy Bar) in the future.

Enjoy your KEYone

Posted via CB10
    lasoiveille likes this.
    03-03-17 05:32 PM
    For me.... no. I like the compact and sturdy Q10. If I need android, I can use my Q10 plus my similarly sized $0 backup plastic android phone. Free and not very powerful, but less fragile than any Glass slab now.

And the two combined together will still feel lighter and sturdier than a slab.

I thinks the K1 will do well, but it's not really necessary to me when my Q10 and LG LUCKY work just fine in tandem.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    03-03-17 06:55 PM
    I am ready to move but waiting for Verizon. I am missing out on too much with my beloved Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 08:01 PM
    For me.... no. I like the compact and sturdy Q10. If I need android, I can use my Q10 plus my similarly sized $0 backup plastic android phone. Free and not very powerful, but less fragile than any Glass slab now.

And the two combined together will still feel lighter and sturdier than a slab.

I thinks the K1 will do well, but it's not really necessary to me when my Q10 and LG LUCKY work just fine in tandem.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    Don't you want one phone to do all?

Posted with my  Classic
    03-03-17 09:23 PM
32 12