Hi there! I had a BB Bold years ago until it sorta got run over by a car (long story). Since then I've been using an iPhone as I didn't have to pay for the device. I'm looking to move back to BB, but it's been a while since I've worked with BB phones. I've tried scouring the internet for answers to my questions only to find conflicting information.

If you have any answers to offer to my questions, it's greatly appreciated!

1. I've read/heard that iCloud calendar, mail and contacts can sync to BB and can continue using that email address. Still true?
    2. Anyone know if the Notes or Reminders from iCloud sync to BB?
    3. Google -- okay, I've read/heard that Google does sync with BB, and I've seen plenty that indicates Google no longer syncs with BB. What's the scoop? I've found so many different answers and it's confusing, even on the Google support website.
    4. If Google does sync, is it only Calendar, Mail and Contacts? Do the Tasks sync with ToDo on BB or something similar?
    5. For someone needing to sync Calendar, Mail, Contacts as well as ToDo and Notes somehow, is Gmail best option? Outlook.com? Some other email provider?
    6. Is there a BB password keeper that has a desktop app as well? I use mSecure with iPhone and have the app on personal computer as well so my passwords are available where I need them. Is that possible with BB right now?
    7. I remember DocToGo on BB. Is it still necessary to plug into computer to transfer files? Or does BB have something to allow for wireless sync'ing of files between BB and some cloud?

Thanks for your time! I'm wanting to switch back -- just trying to figure out how to do the same things now once I make the switch. I'm not looking for games or streaming video. These are just some basic productivity issues I'm wondering about as I rely on the above functions quite heavily these days.
    02-04-14 11:48 PM
    1. I've read/heard that iCloud calendar, mail and contacts can sync to BB and can continue using that email address. Still true?
    Yes.

No.

3. Google -- okay, I've read/heard that Google does sync with BB, and I've seen plenty that indicates Google no longer syncs with BB. What's the scoop? I've found so many different answers and it's confusing, even on the Google support website.
    It all syncs.

4. If Google does sync, is it only Calendar, Mail and Contacts? Do the Tasks sync with ToDo on BB or something similar?
    Contacts, Calendar, Mail. Remember is an option for syncing Notes as it integrates with Evernote.

5. For someone needing to sync Calendar, Mail, Contacts as well as ToDo and Notes somehow, is Gmail best option? Outlook.com? Some other email provider?
    Matter of opinion.

6. Is there a BB password keeper that has a desktop app as well? I use mSecure with iPhone and have the app on personal computer as well so my passwords are available where I need them. Is that possible with BB right now?
    No desktop app but Passkeeper allows import and export through Excel files.

7. I remember DocToGo on BB. Is it still necessary to plug into computer to transfer files? Or does BB have something to allow for wireless sync'ing of files between BB and some cloud?
    You can sync wirelessly after you install BlackBerry Link. Essentially the same thing as iPhone's app sync but instead for files and documents.
    02-04-14 11:54 PM
    Bla1ze answered all of them. I would add though:
    3. Unless something has changed, Google stopped supporting Exchange Active Sync (EAS), so no push email for anyone except android users. Personally, I stopped using Gmail and switched to outlook.com when I still had my iPhone because of this.
    5. See answer to 3
    6. I've been looking at Enpass, but I have not tried it yet. Apps for everything by the looks of it.
    7. BlackBerry link does not work like iCloud. It does allow wireless access to files on my PC over local WiFi and I can access any file on it from wherever I am. My computer must be on and connected to the internet. Dropbox is integrated in the file manager very well and is my main cloud storage.

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~ Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    JacksonNola likes this.
    02-05-14 01:21 AM
    Yes.

No.

It all syncs.

Contacts, Calendar, Mail. Remember is an option for syncing Notes as it integrates with Evernote.

Matter of opinion.

You can sync wirelessly after you install BlackBerry Link. Essentially the same thing as iPhone's app sync but instead for files and documents.
    That clears up a lot. Thanks for the info!
    02-05-14 01:25 AM
    Bla1ze answered all of them. I would add though:
    3. Unless something has changed, Google stopped supporting Exchange Active Sync (EAS), so no push email for anyone except android users. Personally, I stopped using Gmail and switched to outlook.com when I still had my iPhone because of this.
    5. See answer to 3
    6. I've been looking at Enpass, but I have not tried it yet. Apps for everything by the looks of it.
    7. BlackBerry link does not work like iCloud. It does allow wireless access to files on my PC over local WiFi and I can access any file on it from wherever I am. My computer must be on and connected to the internet. Dropbox is integrated in the file manager very well and is my main cloud storage.

In regards to Outlook.com, it syncs your Calendar, Contacts and Email without issue?

As for the iCloud, I've used Dropbox for years and would continue to use that to keep files sync'd (I think files can now be stored on iCloud but I don't use it). On the BB, I'm assuming you could use some office program and have it sync'd with Dropbox account??? Any suggestions?

I used to use DocsToGo but it was annoying to have to plug into the computer to sync each time before I left the office just to be sure I had everything I might possibly need later that day. I just want to make sure that there's a way to do at least basic word and excel files while on the go and have them sync over-the-air to a cloud of some sort.

Thanks!
    02-05-14 01:32 AM
    I can only answer you regarding the Outlook.com matter: I don't have any contacts / appointments etc stored locally, they all are on outlook.com. Configured my outlook.com account on my Z and I'm good to go, instant sync.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Z10 on Cosmote Romania
    JacksonNola likes this.
    02-05-14 03:12 AM
    Yes.

No.

It all syncs.

Matter of opinion.

Addendenum!

Just to correct some of the information!
    *Companionlink combined with deja hub/view will syn all of you icloud information incll tasks and notes. It's one of the best 3rd party sync what bblink does not.
    **Ascendo data vault has a desktop app and device app that direct syncs alll information.
    ****all syncing using the tools I mentioned can be wirelessly synced.
    *****from personal trial and error stick with your current apple infor setup and do not convert to a n internet based clloud service like outlook or google. You may experience weird formatting issues or may get weird duplicates.
    *******Do not keep on interchanging usb ports as it may disrupt the drivers.
    *********laslty using a third party cloud app like drop box will tie all of your devices together.Just remember google(android) and outlook(winmobile) may notplay nice with apple devices.

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 on official 10.2.1.537
    JacksonNola likes this.
    02-05-14 06:57 AM
    In regards to Outlook.com, it syncs your Calendar, Contacts and Email without issue?

As for the iCloud, I've used Dropbox for years and would continue to use that to keep files sync'd (I think files can now be stored on iCloud but I don't use it). On the BB, I'm assuming you could use some office program and have it sync'd with Dropbox account??? Any suggestions?

I used to use DocsToGo but it was annoying to have to plug into the computer to sync each time before I left the office just to be sure I had everything I might possibly need later that day. I just want to make sure that there's a way to do at least basic word and excel files while on the go and have them sync over-the-air to a cloud of some sort.

Thanks!
    I have had no issues with outlook.com syncing. Works just as well as it did on my iPhone 4S and 5S. I do not have tasks syncing as I use my work EAS account for most of those.

DocsToGo is built into BlackBerry 10, as is Dropbox. When I say Dropbox is built in, I mean it is integrated into the OS, not like the separate Dropbox app on iOS. And with system wide sharing, I can put pretty much anything into Dropbox from anywhere. So to answer your question, no separate apps are needed. If you've used the desktop app for Dropbox it feels pretty much the same.
    Wanting to move from iPhone to BB Q10 -- A few questions for the pros here!-img_00000103.png
    The screenshot above is from the file manager. I have Device memory, SDCard, Bertha (my personal desktop which is off at the moment), and Dropbox. Anything I put in my Dropbox is available on my BlackBerry. For example, I had an idea for restructuring a position for work. I opened DocsToGo, started a document, typed out the idea and a list of responsibilities for it, closed the doc which brings up a "where do you want to save this" dialog, and saved it to my Dropbox. The next day I opened up my work laptop and went to the Dropbox website (I don't have Dropbox installed on my work laptop) and downloaded the file. I worked on it some more in Word on my laptop and put it back in Dropbox. I plinked at it some more on my BlackBerry while taking a smoke break, went back to my laptop, downloaded it and printed it. Super easy A side note on DocsToGo: it is not as pretty as Apple's Pages app. It's great for creating or editing written stuff, not for heavy formatting or image use. For myself I find that useful for concentrating on writing without distraction. For spreadsheets, just today I made a very simple spreadsheet for our CS Manager detailing some specifics that a customer was asking about and emailed it to her. All from my Q while on a smoke break Granted, I could have done that from my work issued iPhone, but I find OS 10 and my Q fits my workflow style extremely well.
    To finish this off before I start rambling (too late ), I'd suggest you check this out:
    http://us.blackberry.com/software/bl...os&d=BB10&o=10
    And this:
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...-10.2.1-en.pdf
    I can safely say that most of my positive experiences with my Q can be tied to having OS 10.2.1 installed.
    And keep asking questions! I love Q&A almost as much as T&A LOL!!!

JacksonNola likes this.
    02-05-14 09:58 PM
    Again everything will sync nicely over wifi or to cloud via thrid party software.

Companionlink (on pc)
    Dejaview (on device)
    Dejahub (on device and bbos10)

**all three work flawlessly across all of the devices and you can set the specific ip for your cloud access and sync over wifi!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 on official 10.2.1.537
    02-06-14 02:57 AM
    Gmail to do: doesn't sync. But there are 3rd party apps like eg CalenGoo that do.
    Outlook.com to do: gives you the option to sync, I never tried though.

Posted via CB10
    JacksonNola likes this.
    02-06-14 03:46 AM
    Password keeper: I use KeyPass which has clients on basically all platforms, including BlackBerry. Also supports Dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    JacksonNola likes this.
    02-06-14 03:48 AM
    WHY:!?!?

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 on official 10.2.1.537/1925
    02-10-14 10:14 PM