This is a good one. I am running .1880 on QSN100-3. In FULL VOICE RECOGNITION- it would not recognize the command to call 'Mitchel' but it did recognize the name and repeated it back with 'Mitchel' spelled 'Mitchell' on the display. So I went into contacts , changed the spelling of 'Mitchel' to 'Mitchell' with two 'Ls' and it then it worked 100% of the times I tried it. I changed back to 'Mitchel' with one 'L' and it didn't work again. That's AFTER adding 'Mitchel' to my custom words list. How is that ?? BTW many other dialing commands are not recognized either. EG : It recognizes BATTEAUX as BATT OAKS but won't dial it when I say Batt Oaks. When I switch from FULL VOICE RECOGNITION to VOICE DIALING ONLY modes, EVERYTHING that didn't work on FULL works perfectly. Try it - love to know if anyone else running into this. P.S. I can't recall if this was also a problem on .238 the original OS it came with. Since FULL isn't a big deal to me I can use Voice only and I am happy. Have what I need. But still it should work , shouldn't it ?? Another ball dropped by BBRY ???
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-24-13 07:39 PM
    This is a good one. I am running .1880 on QSN100-3. In FULL VOICE RECOGNITION- it would not recognize the command to call 'Mitchel' but it did recognize the name and repeated it back with 'Mitchel' spelled 'Mitchell' on the display. So I went into contacts , changed the spelling of 'Mitchel' to 'Mitchell' with two 'Ls' and it then it worked 100% of the times I tried it. I changed back to 'Mitchel' with one 'L' and it didn't work again. That's AFTER adding 'Mitchel' to my custom words list. How is that ?? BTW many other dialing commands are not recognized either. EG : It recognizes BATTEAUX as BATT OAKS but won't dial it when I say Batt Oaks. When I switch from FULL VOICE RECOGNITION to VOICE DIALING ONLY modes, EVERYTHING that didn't work on FULL works perfectly. Try it - love to know if anyone else running into this. P.S. I can't recall if this was also a problem on .238 the original OS it came with. Since FULL isn't a big deal to me I can use Voice only and I am happy. Have what I need. But still it should work , shouldn't it ?? Another ball dropped by BBRY ???
    I've seen similar on Android using Voice command. My wife's name is Mila, pronounced My-la. Voice will not acknowledge the name unless I say 'Mee-la.' it can be annoying sometimes. Thanks for sharing your workaround!
    06-07-13 06:39 PM