Shoot, I feel lucky. I run BeWeather (update every 1/2hr) and BeBuzz in my active frame. Three Email accounts that check for new mail every 1/2hr. Phone calls 2-3hrs. 25-50 text msgs, Check Ebay a couple times a day, On CB about 5 times a day (no push), check dating site 2-3 times, WiFi & BT turned on all day, besides driving 400-500 miles per day.

My Q10 is off the charger around 1am and put back on the charger around 7pm and I've never been below 25%.

SQN 100-2
    You are lucky, maybe its beacuse of your 10.1.0.428. OS.

Is it a leaked OS? My battery might improve with it.
    07-07-13 11:59 AM
    im on 10.1.0273 since i bought my q10 10 days back. still, no improvement in battery life. just gives me 10 hours and with no 3G use at all. only 2G use.
    07-07-13 04:04 PM
    Do a complete reset of your phone. Remember, battery also gets drained depending on data signal for wherever you are, the lower the signal, the more battery wasted. Also, remember, batteries always drain fast from 100%, but slow down as they keep draining. I had my iPhone with me at 30%, drained to 2% in 1 hour (I was in a bad signal area), and then I ended up having 1%, and that 1% lasted me on standby (2 phone calls and data on) for a 30-mile commute (30 minutes drive) to my house.

Also, it's recommended to do a full battery drain first, and then charge it to 100%. That way the battery/CPU can sort itself out with the scenarios it is given, and will know how to react to changes.

I was at a mall that has very crappy reception from about 1 PM to 11PM (calls, texting, e-mail, twitter, browsing, forums [all constantly]) And I had about 55% battery when I got home at night.
    07-07-13 04:53 PM
    You are lucky, maybe its beacuse of your 10.1.0.428. OS.

Is it a leaked OS? My battery might improve with it.
    Yea, it's one of the leaks. Very stable.

Cranky
    07-07-13 05:44 PM
    Yea, it's one of the leaks. Very stable.

Cranky
    ETA on when it's going to be publicly available for all consumers? I try to avoid leaked/beta OS updates. Hated iOS 7. Might have been stable but didn't work 100%.
    07-07-13 05:54 PM
    I've had my Q10 for only 2 weeks and in that time, I've only had to put it on a charger once during the day. Considering the past two weeks have probably seen more use than the phone ever will again (from the learning curve and info transfers), that's pretty awesome battery life. My phone consistently makes it to bedtime with power left over and that's all I need. BlackBerry did a massive jump in battery size (something like 70%?) from the 99xx (which was admittedly pretty lousy) but I'm just trying to say I'm happy with what they did on the Q10. Really I'm not a gamer but I am a heavy user since I use the phone for work and personal pretty heavy and I'm listening to music all day...lots of phone and emails. I think either the op is either gaming or using lots of apps which I don't really do too much - or the op has a battery drain either from the device or a battery-draining app.
    07-07-13 11:02 PM
    I've had my Q10 for only 2 weeks and in that time, I've only had to put it on a charger once during the day. Considering the past two weeks have probably seen more use than the phone ever will again (from the learning curve and info transfers), that's pretty awesome battery life. My phone consistently makes it to bedtime with power left over and that's all I need. BlackBerry did a massive jump in battery size (something like 70%?) from the 99xx (which was admittedly pretty lousy) but I'm just trying to say I'm happy with what they did on the Q10. Really I'm not a gamer but I am a heavy user since I use the phone for work and personal pretty heavy and I'm listening to music all day...lots of phone and emails. I think either the op is either gaming or using lots of apps which I don't really do too much - or the op has a battery drain either from the device or a battery-draining app.
    No way. That is a complete lie. You used the Q10 for 2 weeks (TWO WEEKS) and charged ONCE? Even the 9700 cant do that. I dont think any phone can do this. And youre even saying you use it consistently? Or do you mean (more likely meaning?) you'd have to charge it once a day for a period of 2 weeks of experience on the Q10 thus far?

I charged my phone twice today. I charge it when it gets to 20% or below. Of course its a new phone and like all new gadgets Im using it more than I normalyl would. But with my normal usage I expect at least one charge a day now. And thats before accounting the battery capacity starts going down too over time. Just imagine if the battery loses 20% of its capacity in a year. You probably need to start bringing solar panels around to charge your phone.

I think this phone will require me carrying a spare battery or a charger device. I NEVER had to do this with any phone I ever owned. THe only people I knew every having to do this are iphone users. Some carry a battery charger/booster thing with them all the time. I thought I was lucky. 9700 was small form factor, light and had battery life good for a few days at least. Looks like I will be joining that club.
    07-07-13 11:57 PM
    No way. That is a complete lie. You used the Q10 for 2 weeks (TWO WEEKS) and charged ONCE? Even the 9700 cant do that. I dont think any phone can do this. And youre even saying you use it consistently? Or do you mean (more likely meaning?) you'd have to charge it once a day for a period of 2 weeks of experience on the Q10 thus far?

I charged my phone twice today. I charge it when it gets to 20% or below. Of course its a new phone and like all new gadgets Im using it more than I normalyl would. But with my normal usage I expect at least one charge a day now. And thats before accounting the battery capacity starts going down too over time. Just imagine if the battery loses 20% of its capacity in a year. You probably need to start bringing solar panels around to charge your phone.

I think this phone will require me carrying a spare battery or a charger device. I NEVER had to do this with any phone I ever owned. THe only people I knew every having to do this are iphone users. Some carry a battery charger/booster thing with them all the time. I thought I was lucky. 9700 was small form factor, light and had battery life good for a few days at least. Looks like I will be joining that club.
    I think he meant that he said he charges it ONCE a day, for the past two weeks.
    07-08-13 12:25 AM
    He said he charges it ONCE a day, for the past two weeks.
    I know. Tongue in cheek. He did word it like it could mean he charged it only once in the two weeks.

Anyway this battery is really pretty bad. I think carrying a spare battery is the only way to go. Who else is doing this now?
    07-08-13 12:30 AM
    I know. Tongue in cheek. He did word it like it could mean he charged it only once in the two weeks.

Anyway this battery is really pretty bad. I think carrying a spare battery is the only way to go. Who else is doing this now?
    I don't have a problem with the battery life. Again, a spare battery is a necessity for a HEAVY, HEAVY user. For me, though, the heaviest usage my Q10 has gotten was when I went to the mall recently and I stayed there for a while. I left at about 1PM and I got home at 11PM. During that time, I have done the following:

- 10 phone calls
    - 2 hours of Tapatalk usage
    - 45 minutes of internet browsing
    - constant texting
    - 5 e-mails
    - 1 hour total of CNN/News updates

I left my house with 100% battery, got home and it had about 55% battery. Considering I'm also on 4G, and the mall's areas have very poor cell phone reception in general, that is pretty good for my taste.
    07-08-13 12:36 AM
    I don't have a problem with the battery life. Again, a spare battery is a necessity for a HEAVY, HEAVY user. For me, though, the heaviest usage my Q10 has gotten was when I went to the mall recently and I stayed there for a while. I left at about 1PM and I got home at 11PM. During that time, I have done the following:

- 10 phone calls
    - 2 hours of Tapatalk usage
    - 45 minutes of internet browsing
    - constant texting
    - 5 e-mails
    - 1 hour total of CNN/News updates

I left my house with 100% battery, got home and it had about 55% battery. Considering I'm also on 4G, and the mall's areas have very poor cell phone reception in general, that is pretty good for my taste.
    See to me that is pretty bad. 50% usage on what I would consider is normally 'moderate' usage. Its not going crazy too. If you were say stuck in the terminal with 4-5 hours to burn, the phone is no good for you cause you are basically preparing to do 5 hours of internet surfing and videoing and no way this phone stands up to a beating like that. Whereas, with my 9700 I can be pretty confident I can burn 4-5 hours of surfing on it and still be ok battery wise.

Question is how would the 9700 have faired in that environment?

What about other modern smart phones like the iphone 5?
    07-08-13 12:55 AM
    Try monitoring your battery temperature, mine starts from 30celcius after sleep mode and it doesnt drain much but after a few minutes of using apps the battery temperature rises to around 40c. Everytime i have a high temperature my battery drains fast. I use an app to monitor battery temp and watts used. Battery monitor. I think i have a problem, is this normal?
    07-08-13 12:56 AM
    Try monitoring your battery temperature, mine starts from 30celcius after sleep mode and it doesnt drain much but after a few minutes of using apps the battery temperature rises to around 40c. Everytime i have a high temperature my battery drains fast. I use an app to monitor battery temp and watts used. Battery monitor. I think i have a problem, is this normal?
    They go hand in hand I guess. When you use the phone a lot, it drains a lot on battery, and it also gets hot.

But yea, it is hot though. This is the only phone I've owned or used that is actually hot to touch. Ive been playing a lot of games recently on it and it sores out your hand after a while cause its so hot. Like holding a hard boiled egg right after its taken out of boiling water. Im gonna add a case to it. It may insulate my hand a bit and heat has to radiate from the front side of the phone, but that also insulates the phone more and leave the temperatures higher.

For example, I'd imagine the people using otterboxes will have a very hot phone.
    07-08-13 01:08 AM
    See to me that is pretty bad. 50% usage on what I would consider is normally 'moderate' usage. Its not going crazy too. If you were say stuck in the terminal with 4-5 hours to burn, the phone is no good for you cause you are basically preparing to do 5 hours of internet surfing and videoing and no way this phone stands up to a beating like that. Whereas, with my 9700 I can be pretty confident I can burn 4-5 hours of surfing on it and still be ok battery wise.

Question is how would the 9700 have faired in that environment?

What about other modern smart phones like the iphone 5?
    Don't know about the iPhone 5, but I can comment on the 4S. When I would be in the same situation, I would use it from 100% to about 40% on my 4S.

Also, my gf has an iPhone 4. 3G (less waste of battery) and I was at the mall with her. When we got home she had 76% battery, BUT take a gander at what she did:

- 3 calls
    - texts (not constant)
    - 30 minutes of internet browsing
    - taking pictures/sending picture texts.

That's it. All things considered, that is a huge difference.

Remember, on 4G, it wastes so much more battery, and if there's crappy 3G signal in that area, you can best believe it will be even worse for 4G.
    07-08-13 01:21 AM
    I am having the same issue. Started my own thread on this more than a week ago. I am on AT&T and have the latest software.

This happens either on a 4G area or LTE. Doesn't matter. Full bars and even on WIFI. Today, this thing stayed in my pocket as I watched Despicable Me 2. Pulled it out of my pocket to check email and the temp was over 100 degrees and lost 5%. No apps running.

Maybe it's background processes like an earlier poster mentioned.

Dissapointing issue for an otherwise excellent device.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 01:43 AM
    I am having the same issue. Started my own thread on this more than a week ago. I am on AT&T and have the latest software.

This happens either on a 4G area or LTE. Doesn't matter. Full bars and even on WIFI. Today, this thing stayed in my pocket as I watched Despicable Me 2. Pulled it out of my pocket to check email and the temp was over 100 degrees and lost 5%. No apps running.

Maybe it's background processes like an earlier poster mentioned.

Dissapointing issue for an otherwise excellent device.

Posted via CB10
    I dont think its an app isue because os10 doesnt allow apps to run in the background. Im thinking its an issue with the circuit or battery.
    07-08-13 02:00 AM
    I dont think its an app isue because os10 doesnt allow apps to run in the background. Im thinking its an issue with the circuit or battery.
    I have two batteries and both have the same issue. I am just hearing a ton of people complain about the same thing. "Back right gets hot opposite of the battery."

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 02:04 AM
    This must be a physical defect of the phone. A bad circuit thats draining the battery and its warming up the phone. The problem really is there is not much information about this issue. I cant compare the battery life of my q10 to other q10 out there. I dont know the normal battery temperature of the phone when using apps or when on standby. I dont know how long should the battery be charged to be full. Mine takes approx 2 hours.
    07-08-13 02:17 AM
    This must be a physical defect of the phone. A bad circuit thats draining the battery and its warming up the phone. The problem really is there is not much information about this issue. I cant compare the battery life of my q10 to other q10 out there. I dont know the normal battery temperature of the phone when using apps or when on standby. I dont know how long should the battery be charged to be full. Mine takes approx 2 hours.
    This is a very valid point. I want to be able to make a comparison as I have been hesitant to just return my phone even during the 14 day return period (which has now passed) for fear of getting one with a busted space key. That issue has popped up on this thread a ton and I went into a T-Mobile store to look at their demo device and sure enough....busted space key. Was so glad to know see that mine did not have that issue when it arrived.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 02:21 AM
    I have two batteries and both have the same issue. I am just hearing a ton of people complain about the same thing. "Back right gets hot opposite of the battery."

Posted via CB10
    As I mentioned above, it could very well be with data reception. The slightest bit of movement can affect the reception you have on a 4G network, especially LTE. Mainly because it isn't as easily/readily available everywhere that 3G is. Funny thing is, I was watching Despicable Me 2 as well :P The phone heats up, but I don't know if it's overwhelmingly alarming warm... It could very well be something with the battery, but there are people who have fantastic battery life. Also, it helps to bear in mind that a battery will drain faster from 100% to 90% than it will from 30% to 25%, mainly because the CPU sees that you have more battery life at 100%. There are always background processes that run in every phone, and the CPU tells the phone to do so. I mean, I put the Q10 and my iPhone 4 side-by-side every time I go to sleep and when I wake up my Q10 is drained about 5-8% and my iPhone is drained about 8-10%, and it's not even on service, wi-fi only... All phones drain on standby, but the key is how long it lasts. Any phone will drain faster from full battery but will have its CPU adapt to the drainage in the future. Above, I had my iPhone 4S (with service) in a bad reception area go from 40% to 2% within 2 hours, and then I made a phone call, it went to 1%. I sent a text and made a quick phone call with it on 1%, then I went on a 30 minute commute back home and when I got home it was still at 1%, when if I had 100%, it would be at like 99/98% over that commute. Many people are posting their dilemmas with batteries but they have never analyzed/seen how long it truly takes for the battery to reach zero.
    07-08-13 02:21 AM
    As I mentioned above, it could very well be with data reception. The slightest bit of movement can affect the reception you have on a 4G network, especially LTE. Mainly because it isn't as easily/readily available everywhere that 3G is. Funny thing is, I was watching Despicable Me 2 as well :P The phone heats up, but I don't know if it's overwhelmingly alarming warm... It could very well be something with the battery, but there are people who have fantastic battery life. Also, it helps to bear in mind that a battery will drain faster from 100% to 90% than it will from 30% to 25%, mainly because the CPU sees that you have more battery life at 100%. There are always background processes that run in every phone, and the CPU tells the phone to do so. I mean, I put the Q10 and my iPhone 4 side-by-side every time I go to sleep and when I wake up my Q10 is drained about 5-8% and my iPhone is drained about 8-10%, and it's not even on service, wi-fi only... All phones drain on standby, but the key is how long it lasts. Any phone will drain faster from full battery but will have its CPU adapt to the drainage in the future. Above, I had my iPhone 4S (with service) in a bad reception area go from 40% to 2% within 2 hours, and then I made a phone call, it went to 1%. I sent a text and made a quick phone call with it on 1%, then I went on a 30 minute commute back home and when I got home it was still at 1%, when if I had 100%, it would be at like 99/98% over that commute. Many people are posting their dilemmas with batteries but they have never analyzed/seen how long it truly takes for the battery to reach zero.
    Something i noticed about this phone is it drains fast when it its warm. After charging youd notice a fast battery drain because the battery is still warm from charging.. heavy use will also warm the battery and the heat adds to battery consumption. But if you use the phone at time intervals where you let the phone cooldown first then youd have a better battery life. But im not sure if this is normal. Id like to have a phone that doesnt warm up when using apps.
    07-08-13 02:44 AM
    Something i noticed about this phone is it drains fast when it its warm. After charging youd notice a fast battery drain because the battery is still warm from charging.. heavy use will also warm the battery and the heat adds to battery consumption. But if you use the phone at time intervals where you let the phone cooldown first then youd have a better battery life. But im not sure if this is normal. Id like to have a phone that doesnt warm up when using apps.
    Could be an OS issue nonetheless, and it can be fixed in the future with OS updates. iOS had a problem with that when they released iOS 6, and within 2 months of outcries of crappy battery life they updated to 6.1.x and a main fix there was "Other updates for improved battery life".

If it is OS-based, it can always be fixed. I doubt it is more of a physical phone problem because many people have nothing but great things to say about their battery life. Also, it could be a certain app that triggers the phone to warm up/drain faster.
    07-08-13 02:53 AM
    Could be an OS issue nonetheless, and it can be fixed in the future with OS updates. iOS had a problem with that when they released iOS 6, and within 2 months of outcries of crappy battery life they updated to 6.1.x and a main fix there was "Other updates for improved battery life".

If it is OS-based, it can always be fixed. I doubt it is more of a physical phone problem because many people have nothing but great things to say about their battery life. Also, it could be a certain app that triggers the phone to warm up/drain faster.
    Im not really sure if its an os problem. I had the stock os then i upgraded it thinking my problems will be solved but its the same. My current OS is 10.1.0.2309. Im still waiting for 10.2 release and hope things change. I just want a normal battery life. But the problem is i dont know what is a normal battery life. Im might have one but im not used to having to charge 2 -3 times a day. And i dont like leaving my phone for 2-3 hours charging. I use the browser alot and sometimes youtube for 30 minutes.
    07-08-13 03:11 AM
    If your phone is getting hot when it is locked, there is something wrong !

Try Battery Guru.

You should see no more than 0.5 Watts in idle !

1. Shut off Swipe Gesture to unlock ! - because Display will stay on in Idle mode

2. Reduce Sync Intervall of your Account - use push !

3. Reduce Display Brightness to 50% or less

4. Shut off 4G

5. Be careful with Apps ! - some are Drainers (Skype) - use "Taskmanager" to kill Android Apps running in backround
    07-08-13 03:15 AM
    If your phone is getting hot when it is locked, there is something wrong !

Try Battery Guru.

You should see no more than 0.5 Watts in idle !

1. Shut off Swipe Gesture to unlock ! - because Display will stay on in Idle mode

2. Reduce Sync Intervall of your Account - use push !

3. Reduce Display Brightness to 50% or less

4. Shut off 4G

5. Be careful with Apps ! - some are Drainers (Skype) - use "Taskmanager" to kill Android Apps running in backround
    I use battery guru and battery monitor. I do get around .47w on standby. When using browser i get 1w. Youtube around 2w. But i get higher watts when my phone is warm. I have my brightness at the lowest.
    07-08-13 03:32 AM
193 1234 ...