Hi guys, I've decided to buy a Q10. I was kind of forced due to the need of wifi calling now, but I was a Blackberry user since the 7920 and I do miss Blackberry. I will also still be using my iPhone 5s. Is there anyone else out there that switches their sim card out frequently between using a Blackberry 10 device and an iPhone? Do you have any problems starting up the Blackberry or iPhone when you put the sim card in, or does it just start up normally with your stuff still saved on it? Also, do you have a problem getting iMessages or texts? Thanks!
    05-09-14 04:50 AM
    I don't have an IPhone but I've never heard of any problems with sim switching between the two. However you will have problems with imessage the q10 will not receive text messages unless you turn Imessage off before you switch the sim card to the Q.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 06:33 AM
    Hi guys, I've decided to buy a Q10. I was kind of forced due to the need of wifi calling now, but I was a Blackberry user since the 7920 and I do miss Blackberry. I will also still be using my iPhone 5s. Is there anyone else out there that switches their sim card out frequently between using a Blackberry 10 device and an iPhone? Do you have any problems starting up the Blackberry or iPhone when you put the sim card in, or does it just start up normally with your stuff still saved on it? Also, do you have a problem getting iMessages or texts? Thanks!
    There are two specific things you should be aware of.

You would have issues with texting/iMessage when switching back and forth between devices. See this article: Not getting texts after switching from iPhone to Android? Here's how to turn off iMessage and fix it! | iMore.

Then there's the fact that the iPhone uses a nano sim, smaller than the micro sim used in the BB 10 devices. Some people have had issues using the nano to micro sim adapters. It can be done, but it must be done carefully, and to these instructions. How to install a Micro SIM card or iPhone 5 Nano SIM card into the BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com. Take note of the possible issues.

Frankly, the texting hurdle would be enough to prevent me from doing this type of switch often. But that's a decision you'd have to make.

Hope this helps.
    rubbersoul221 likes this.
    05-09-14 06:48 AM
    I use a Q10 and 5s, depending on my needs. The Q10 is my favorite, but there are just some things it can't do, but that's for another thread.

I switch via Verizon's online site as the SIM cards aren't compatible. Remember to cut off "iMessage" about 2-3 hours prior to swapping phones. Doing this has always ensured a seamless texting transition from one phone to the other. Forget to shut down iMessage and you'll regret it.

When the 5s is activated, I reset network settings. This is probably unnecessary, but I do it anyway.

The 5s is set with three exchange accounts, and these are mirrored on the Q10 without a hitch.

You'll also have to re-credential your voicemail when you activate the new phone.
    05-09-14 07:14 AM