I've been using my Q10 SQN100-2 for awhile now and was able to sync my contacts/calendar with the usb cable until I had the mandatory update forced on me. Ever since that update I can no longer sync my calendar/contacts etc. I hook up my cable and it tells me "No drivers were detected on the computer" on the Q10 screen. I've done the install drivers and I get the prompt for t install of the blackberry blend, link and drivers. I do that, reboot and hook up my Q10 again but once again it prompts me that "No drivers were detected on the computer" if I choose to install again this time it comes up and says everything is already installed. I've uninstalled everything blackberry, reinstalled everything tried different usb ports etc but every time it tells me the drivers aren't installed and done this about 7 times now. This worked fine until the update to 10.3.2.556 after that no matter what I do I can't get connected via usb. Any hints/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've gone through device manager as well and uninstalled the unrecognized blackberry device as well.
    07-10-15 04:30 PM
    Maybe you need to reload the OS.
    07-11-15 08:54 PM
    How about uninstalling link etc reboot and then downloading it from https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...5C7D7B210455DE and install.
    07-12-15 08:50 AM
    I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe but I still have the same issues. I'm at a complete loss on what to do with this. The usb link work fine before that update after I updated to that release no matter what I do I can't get the thing to connect via usb.
    07-14-15 09:22 AM
    Same problem here, had to turn on windows update allow before the right drivers would install.
    07-14-15 10:56 AM
    I was finally able to get this installed. What I did was take a system, reload the os on it and connect the blackberry to it. It them prompted me to do the driver/software install and I did that what I noticed in the c:\windows\drivers folder was that it added 3 files rimvndis6_AMD64.sys, RimUsb_AMD64.sys and RimSerial_AMD64.sys. How ever on my system that I was having the problems on I was missing the RimUsb_AMD64.sys file. So just to test something I went to the computer that I couldn't install the usb on I went to the device that had issues in the control panel and went to update driver. I browsed out to the pc that had the successful install and went to \\computername\c$ and did a search. It found the driver, installed it and now I am able to utilize blackberry link to sync/backup etc. What I noticed now is in the device manager that there is blackberry device #2 under the network adapters along with 4 other black berry devices. What I'm wondering now is was there something with that network adapter that was preventing the install/detection and why wasn't there a RimUsb file in the drivers folder? I just finished a successful sync on everything and was able to back it up so it appears as of now the problem is resolved.
    07-14-15 02:19 PM
    I saw the same behavior (Blackberry indicated that drivers weren't installed) bringing a Blackberry Classic to life, on my Windows 7 PC. I didn't need to uninstall Link - I was able to locate a copy of RimUsb_AMD64.sys on my computer, in Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/USB Drivers - I copied it to Windows/system32/drivers, and was successful establishing communication to my device.

It did appear to take a long time "Connecting to device". I ended up deleting my device from Link and re-adding it. Still saw Connecting to device for a long time, but eventually it connected.
    07-23-16 07:33 PM
    Hi John, I had the same issue. Re-installed the BB software and runs smoothly again as ever before. Hope this helps you out. Greetzzz from Holland
    07-26-16 09:44 AM
    On my win 7 and also 10 helped uninstallation of USB drivers, unistallation of BB sw, restart, install BB sw, restart, plug you fabulous BB phone and wait for drivers loading.

Hope this will help!
    07-27-16 05:53 AM