Hi everyone,
    Sadly more or less 6 month ago my usb port stopped working.I disassemble my Q10, the socket in itself is ok but it seems that one of the charging chip is misfunctionning.
    Therefore I have no more usb recharge and sadly no more usb connection at all.
    I made a do for the charging with the external charger and two extra batteries but more or less at the same time blackberry link stopped detecting my Q10 over wifi, so I haven't been able to do any backup in the last 6 months.
    Now I have an issue with my android apps having access to internet only over wifi and not 3G/4G, apparently the besto option to solve it is to do a security wipe and restore a backup of the phone, so I need to back it up
    As the USB is physically damaged someway I abadoned any hope to back it up with a cable, but my issue with WiFi sync and wireless backup seems to be only a software one.
    Moreover it is very strange, even though my device is not detected in BB Link when connected over wifi, I can connect to blend and can see it under the network tab of windows explorer (though before it was seen in the "my computer" tab as an external disk drive)

I attach a few screenshots to make it clearer.

Hope you can help me find a way to back up
    USB not working anymore, Backup over wifi-capture2.pngUSB not working anymore, Backup over wifi-capture.pngUSB not working anymore, Backup over wifi-capture3.png
    04-28-16 10:34 AM
    You know full backups can't be completed over WiFi right? It only does sync of data - http://demos.blackberry.com/blackber...ink/index.html Outside of that, doing a security wipe runs the risk of it getting stuck during a wipe and then you'll really have no way of reloading your OS w/o USB port. You should back up as much as possible through backup apps if you insist on doing it though.
    04-28-16 11:01 AM
    Actually I don't have so much of a choice, things are getting worse, now my camera stopped working (both front and back) so I think that the only way to be able to keep on using my Q10 is to back it up as much as possible and wipe it.
    The only backup options I have are the third part apps on the store right? Which one(s) would you recommend? BackupPro from firechest?
    04-29-16 03:58 AM
    I am having exactly the same issue with a BB Q10
    I dont care for the phone all I care are to save the contacts and be able to import these into another phone
    What third party apps you reccomend? is Intouch app any good?
    Any other alternatives to save these 1907 contacts?
    I changed today the USBon the phone but again this was not the issue, phone is not charging, camera stoped working...
    Please help!!!
    08-26-16 05:12 PM
    I use Device Switch in BBW and save to the SD card; easy way to switch phones, move all files from the device to the SD card then backup a few key apps ( Browsie, Noted, Password Keeper). After a quick autoloader, insert the SD card, enter a few passwords and run device switch, welcome to your new device with all your old stuff.
    08-26-16 11:50 PM
    Is it possible to add a Google account and sync your contacts to that? I have all my contacts on Google.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-28-16 01:22 PM
    Can't you backup data to your Micro SD and then transfer the data to your PC via card reader for your Micro SD?

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    08-28-16 06:37 PM