Experts,

I'm going crazy here and trying to restore my Q10's backup after updating to the leaked 10.1.0.4285.

I updated yesterday to the official 10.1 OTA after doing a backup (for emergency only) but the OS was terrible with a lot of overheating problems and massive battery drain. So, i decided to update to the above mentioned leaked one.

I made another full backup few hours ago, updated and tried to restore several times with no luck, the moment it wants to transfer media, an error occurs stating that (connection is not established or something....) but actually there's a connection between the software and the device as it does sync music, docs & videos!

Tried to restart the PC, hard reset the blackberry, re-install the OS, uninstalled/re-installed the BB link (reverted back to an older version)..... Nothing is working.

*Update: I reverted back the previous OS and still it does not work.. Tried several USB ports. WT... is happening?!

ANY tip would be much appreciated as i'm going crazy at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

K
    Last edited by kareem_ruhi; 06-17-13 at 06:49 AM.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-17-13 06:19 AM
    I've been getting the same error, but I've actually just been trying to "restore" data that I used BlackBerry Link to rip off of my old Bold 9930. Using Windows 8, tried every USB port. BlackBerry Link just seemed to stop working yesterday.
    06-17-13 06:24 AM
    Come on Crackberry nation.... I'm stuck here
    06-17-13 07:53 AM
    This will sound dumb if you tried it already but....

You say that you restarted your PC. Did you try a cold boot? I once had a similar problem and after turning off the PC for a full minute and restarting it, the error disappeared.

Posted via CBQ10
    06-17-13 07:56 AM
    Try checking and installing one thing at a time. Media, app data, etc.
    06-17-13 08:05 AM
    This will sound dumb if you tried it already but....

You say that you restarted your PC. Did you try a cold boot? I once had a similar problem and after turning off the PC for a full minute and restarting it, the error disappeared.

Posted via CBQ10
    Tried it and it didn't work either! There's a connection with the device as it can sync... I just can't get why its not restoring.. I even tried backing it up, its still working.

Try checking and installing one thing at a time. Media, app data, etc.
    I did try that, it didn't work either
    06-17-13 08:45 AM
    Ok... One update.. I did a new backup (which is 55 MB compared to my 1.6 GB).. I restored this one and it worked but got stuck at 45%.

But still my big 'original' backup is not working at all! What could it be... I'm 100% sure that the backup gave me a successful completion when it was done.

Any ideas?!
    06-17-13 08:56 AM
    Have you signed into BlackBerryID and BBM prior to trying the restore? Have you rebooted the phone? I had a problem with a restore and I did all three things and it no longer stopped in the restore process.
    06-17-13 09:01 AM
    Have you signed into BlackBerryID and BBM prior to trying the restore? Have you rebooted the phone? I had a problem with a restore and I did all three things and it no longer stopped in the restore process.
    I did sign in to Blackberry ID, BBM and configured my Email accounts as well. Did 100s of battery pulls and restarts with no luck..

I literally can't get what's going on......
    06-17-13 09:14 AM
    That's the error i'm getting incase any one is curious to read it. This occurs exactly when it starts restoring; it does not even give the 1%. As soon as it's 0% it disconnects.

URGENT HELP - Blackberry Link is not restoring my backup on Q10!-bb-link-restore-error.jpg
    paxtonbt likes this.
    06-17-13 09:16 AM
    Can someone at least give any input to the situation?
    06-17-13 09:59 AM
    Can someone at least give any input to the situation?
    Give us the version of your BlackBerry Link software. Have you searched BlackBerry's KB to see if is a known issue?

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    06-17-13 10:19 AM
    Give us the version of your BlackBerry Link software. Have you searched BlackBerry's KB to see if is a known issue?

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    Tried to go back to an earlier version of BlackBerry link and it didn't work.. reverted back to the latest one with no luck.

Did few security wipes and same issue.. nothing related on BlackBerry KB.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 10:55 AM
    I also got this problem recently (after installing leaked OS).
    Music and video sync works fine (since they sync things from my media cards), but restoring from backup file? Uh huh, not working.

At first it keeps showing no personal workspace, then I figured out it was the BlackBerry ID problem and I fixed it, but then, it keep starts at 0% media restore but the blackberry link will say "Restore did not complete" the same as kareem_ruhi's problem.
    I punch the restore device data the second time and only choose Settings from the backup file.
    0%... restore did not complete AND my Q10 restarts.

I think kareem_ruhi also experience such things.
    BB Link is just too unstable for daily use and this is frustrating.
    paxtonbt likes this.
    06-17-13 11:44 AM
    Music and video sync works fine (since they sync things from my media cards), but restoring from backup file? Uh huh, not working.

At first it keeps showing no personal workspace, then I figured out it was the BlackBerry ID problem and I fixed it, but then, it keep starts at 0% media restore but the blackberry link will say "Restore did not complete" the same as kareem_ruhi's problem.
    I punch the restore device data the second time and only choose Settings from the backup file.

That's exactly what's happening and i need a solution. I'm simply with a new OS and none of my data is there!
    paxtonbt likes this.
    06-17-13 11:58 AM
    Any help would be highly appreciated...
    paxtonbt likes this.
    06-17-13 03:55 PM
    Experiencing the same issue. No idea how to fix it. The restore won't go above 0%, then gives me a connection problem warning.

I was starting to think that this issue is caused by multiple "BlackBerry USB" drivers. For me, I need a driver for my Bold 9930, a driver for my Playbook 32GB, and one for the Q10.

The thing is, I'm not sure if I really have 3 drivers or just 1 driver trying to communicate with all of them.
    06-17-13 04:20 PM
    Experiencing the same issue. No idea how to fix it. The restore won't go above 0%, then gives me a connection problem warning.

I was starting to think that this issue is caused by multiple "BlackBerry USB" drivers. For me, I need a driver for my Bold 9930, a driver for my Playbook 32GB, and one for the Q10.

The thing is, I'm not sure if I really have 3 drivers or just 1 driver trying to communicate with all of them.
    It's totally frustrating.. I've been playing around for more than 10 hours now with no luck! Tried each and every possible move... I seriously don't know what to do anymore or how to get my data back.

Even the backup file extractors are not compatible with BB10 backup files!
    06-17-13 04:34 PM
    We might try posting something on the official BlackBerry forums, maybe no one can help us here?
    06-17-13 05:03 PM
    We might try posting something on the official BlackBerry forums, maybe no one can help us here?
    Just what i had in mind:
    URGENT - Link not restoring my backup file on Q10! - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    06-17-13 05:21 PM
    Same sh*t same issue!
    06-17-13 06:33 PM
    Did you guys completely uninstall old BlackBerry link, restart computer... then install latest BlackBerry Link. Worked for me when mine got stuck at 9% restore.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 06:52 PM

that's exactly whats happen to me i tried every possible ways with no luck
    Last edited by ebt; 06-17-13 at 08:54 PM.
    06-17-13 06:58 PM
    Did you guys completely uninstall old BlackBerry link, restart computer... then install latest BlackBerry Link. Worked for me when mine got stuck at 9% restore.

Posted via CB10
    I never install any older version of BB Link and I restarted my laptop, run as admin and even set it in Win7 compatibility mode (i'm on win7 sp1). Reinstall the BB Link? Also the same...
    06-17-13 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've actually had a fresh install on my laptop which is new and didn't have BB Link yet. It didn't work.... :S
    06-17-13 11:32 PM
84 123 ...