I have had a Z10 since March of last year. I love it and I love BlackBerry 10 (especially BlackBerry in general). The screen size on the Z10 is just fine and it works very well, but there are some trade offs I have had to live with (I wanted the Q10 but it wasn't available at the time). The most obvious sacrifice was the QWERTY keyboard. The virtual keyboard on the Z10 responds as expected, but there really is no substitute for a physical keyboard. The build quality of the Z10 is not as exceptional as the Q10 from the glass weave back to the metal cage. The OLED screen on the Q10 not only displays deeper colors, it is also better on battery life (although an inch shorter than the LCD screen of the Z10). For future upgrades, the Z10 will not support things such as FM and Miracast (lower end hardware limitations). The biggest gripe I have with my Z10 is the horrendous bluetooth streaming. Going back to the PlayBook (I own the 4G LTE version), the bluetooth class is Class 1 ( the best range and overall signal) . The Q10 has the exact same bluetooth class. The Z10, however, has bluetooth Class 2 on my STL100-3 (and 1.5 on other versions), and when streaming music the audio skips at the slightest position change. That didn't happen on the PlayBook; I could walk to the garage and still maintain a good stream. Being an avid music listener, this has been a huge thorn in my side. So the ultimate question is this: is it worth losing an inch of screen size to upgrade to the Q10? Is the Q10 a viable upgrade (excluding the Z30 - just the two devices in this thread) , or should I stick with the Z10? I'm aware of app limitations because of the smaller Q10 screen size, so do not consider that in a response. Thank you.

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    01-21-14 09:33 PM
    If you want strictly communication and battery life.. q10.. if you want full screen with great one handed typing, stick with z10. I wouldn't call going from z10 to q10 an upgrade, but going to a z30 certainly would be

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    01-21-14 09:37 PM
    I guess when I said "upgrade" I was thinking in terms of upgrading to a device that has more future potential and better specs (again setting aside screen size difference) .

01-21-14 10:07 PM
    I just recently left my Z10 for a Q10 and couldn't be happier. The keyboard is awesome, battery life is great, and the phone feels overall more elegant and sophisticated.

I also don't feel limited on the app front at all.

Only thing I miss is the larger screen - everything else is awesome.

I say go for it!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 10:13 PM
    See I'm right there with you, iNick. If losing one inch of screen is the only real drawback, that doesn't bother me one bit. Old school BlackBerry users such as myself were used to small screens. Yes, the Z10 has a great sized screen, but I need more horsepower and a better, clearer view over a bigger windshield any day of the week. Thank you!

01-21-14 10:18 PM
    From my use of the Dev-Alpha C they keyboard can really be faster once you've got used to where the symbol keys are located... instead of worrying about screen size with the Q10 you could just hold out for the Q50 or possible hybrid fullscreen/keyboard device
    01-21-14 10:22 PM
    If there was a Q50 or anything above a Q10 guaranteed on the horizon, I would definitely hold out for that. However, John Chen is starting with the low end touch Jakarta for now , so the Q10 is my only option barring a miracle.

01-21-14 10:25 PM