Got to say the 10.2.1xxxx leak is working fantastic on my Q10 it brought back the ability to assign the speed dial function to the physical qwerty keys and now i've got netflix and Instagram running as well! I'm not missing my old bold 9900 or the trackpad which might have something to do with the playbook as i use it often and it doesn't have a trackpad! I'm loving the Hub!

The ability to now install apk's directly from the phone makes it a great device, we do however need google to support BB10 devices in their app store or it will be a long and bumpy road for BlackBerry.

I can tell from this last leak that the BB team is hard at work and its starting to pay off! Great job BB, dont stop now
    12-01-13 06:26 PM
    You can just start dialing with a Q10 from the homescreen and search pops up immediately with a possible number. As in "wer" immediately predicts "123" and any phone# in your contacts that has that sequence. Same thing and just as complicated as whatever it is you are doing.
    Contact name/character prediction of the Q10 is terrible. The whole contacts things is a mess. Makes you wonder if these guys ever previously used a Blackberry.
    nglfmark likes this.
    12-02-13 06:28 PM
    What a lame reply... as though file size and aspect ration are the crutch of his very valid complaints.
    The track pad is obsolete not because gesturing is quicker, but only because people are concerned less with efficiency and more with watching windows shrink and move around on their screens.

Posted from my MacPro because I got tired of tapping the login button over and over on my Q10 in an attempt to login.
    By definition, losing the track pad equates to a less effective/efficient device. But remember, they were trying to go after people who were more concerned about other things, like watching videos and playing games, and didn't care about appealing to core users like us...so this is what they got: a device with less appeal to virtually everyone and a company that's dead in the water and sinking fast. Not surprising when you understand where they were coming from and what they were trying to do that you ended up with a dysfunctional and bastardized product like this with such limited market appeal.
    12-02-13 06:33 PM
    People are here reading or complaining because we had hope for our phones...
    HOPE?

Like hoping that the Q10 would be a step forwards and not many steps backwards... ?

Like hoping for 100% of the functionality of the 9900, plus lots of advances, and not 70% (after so much time waiting for 10.2, no less)...?

Like hoping for better functionality than the competition?

Most of what you call "hopes" were actually "expectations". Expectations which were fulfilled in every previously successive BBRY product introduction. Expectations which virtually every other technology company seems to get when introducing new and improved versions of its products. Product Development 101 types of things = expectations. Not hopes.

I had hoped for a better speakerphone. I had hoped for a better camera. I had hoped for better battery life. Those were hopes. We all had expected better. We invested our time and money on the EXPECTATION that the company we knew and admired would at least deliver on our expectations and maybe make some progress on hopes!
    12-02-13 06:47 PM
    IYou cant expect all the features of OS7 (which were developed and established in a looot of years!) in acompletely new hard- and software!
    WHAT? Of course you can! That is the BASELINE. It's supposed to be forward throttle from there...all those years were supposed to create a sustainable competitive advantage that was leveraged and built upon, not ditched as part of a desperate Hail Mary.

And talk about tapping issues...tap, tap, tap...what frustrating touch screen functionality! How many times a day do I have to multiple tap to get this device to do what it should be doing??? (Of course, there' s the every present battery pull.) Ugh.
    Last edited by SoxFan; 12-02-13 at 07:06 PM.
    12-02-13 06:54 PM
    Or maybe you are just are stuck in the past? BBOS.. you have to be kidding. Try watching some videos of how BB10 works. I have had over 20 BBOS devices...3 of which are on ebay this week. BBOS is no where near as functional as BB10. Obviously if your phone is defective and you don't bother to replace it, you are going to have issues forever. Complaining here will not fix it. Customer Service is your friend.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:46 PM
    Or maybe you are just are stuck in the past? BBOS.. you have to be kidding. Try watching some videos of how BB10 works. I have had over 20 BBOS devices...3 of which are on ebay this week. BBOS is no where near as functional as BB10. Obviously if your phone is defective and you don't bother to replace it, you are going to have issues forever. Complaining here will not fix it. Customer Service is your friend.

Posted via CB10
    Who's logic? I never said to stick with BBOS or BS. I don't care what the platform is or what's behind it. I just care how it works (or doesn't) and that it works. If it made sense to to develop a new operating system, good for them. Always make sense to keep building and moving forward (emphasis on forward).
    12-02-13 09:02 PM
    Like I said, your phone is defective. Everyone has pointed that out to you. That is on you if you decide to ignore it and not return it. Enjoy.
    And talk about tapping issues...tap, tap, tap...what frustrating touch screen functionality! How many times a day do I have to multiple tap to get this device to do what it should be doing??? (Of course, there' s the every present battery pull.) Ugh.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 09:05 PM
    Like I said, your phone is defective. Everyone has pointed that out to you. That is on you if you decide to ignore it and not return it. Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    The microphone is defective. The taping and editing issues et al are common and widespread. But i'll report back if swapping out the phone enables so many of us to have a substantially better touchscreen experience.
    12-02-13 09:22 PM
    Widespread or not, "tapping" issues are from a defective phone. Quality control has never really been a strength of BlackBerry. Legacy phones had QC problems too. Big time.
    The microphone is defective. The taping and editing issues et al are common and widespread. But i'll report back if swapping out the phone enables so many of us to have a substantially better touchscreen experience.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 09:27 PM
    We all had expected better. We invested our time and money on the EXPECTATION that the company we knew and admired would at least deliver on our expectations and maybe make some progress on hopes!
    <sigh> Don't I know. I expected a great company like CrackBerry to build an app that had basic functionality, at least as much as the friggin' web site! And yet, here I sit, reading these narcissistic posts from people I previously put on my ignore list. It's like the CrackBerry forum moderators are just setting me up to fail.

Has anyone successfully installed the .apk for the CB Android App? Does it honor your ignore lists?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 09:30 PM
    I've had my Q10 since the first day it was available in the US and have had ZERO problems with it or adapting to it. I learned the phone through CB reviews and YouTube videos even before I received it.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 02:55 PM
    I too have not had a single problem with my new Q10 and love the functionality over my old OS7 device.

All of this while I watch my girlfriend constantly frustrated and struggling with OS stability and features that work sometimes, and then just stop on her "beloved" Samsung S4. After carrying only BlackBerry devices for the past 8 years or so, I would literally have lasted 30 minutes on an Android device from what I know of it. This Q10/BB10 is a pleasure, and am 100% confident I made the right choice.

This Q10 is rock solid, lightening fast compared to my previous device, and can't think of anything that it can't do that's honestly worth complaining about versus any previous OS. Just my personal opinion though. I'd be disappointed too if my Q10 wasn't what I had hoped for.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:20 PM
    I've had my Q10 since the first day it was available in the US and have had ZERO problems with it or adapting to it. I learned the phone through CB reviews and YouTube videos even before I received it.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed but it took my fingers and brain to get use to NOT using a back key or touchpad so about a day!

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    12-17-13 05:16 AM
114 ... 345