- CrackBerry User
- 15 Posts
upcoming N-Series QWERTY Keypad
- 11-25-12, 05:50 PM #3
Does anyone have a feel or informed opinion on how bb10 is going to play out on the qwerty device? Has Kevin or Bla1ze or anyone handled one yet? I'm curious because the bb10 demos on the eval device look cool but I'm wondering what the experience will be like on the much smaller screen; any ideas?
- 11-25-12, 05:56 PM #4
I'm concerned about how they are going to create an ecosystem when the screens won't be the same size. I assume if it's the same screen resolution and ratio, then it should be fine...however, will it really be better than an all-touch? Will it be awkard to see a keyboard and use Flow/Peek?
I'm waiting to see this .
- 11-25-12, 06:12 PM #6
Those frets look high, maybe 1.5mm or 2mm, what if they actually turned them into screens the width of the keyboard, then they could display the words, and if they could sense touch like a trackpad we could flick the words up just like on the touch keyboard in the demos we've already seen.
- 11-25-12, 06:21 PM #9
Should this blurry picture make me this exited?!? Yes!!Sent from my NEW PASSPORT
or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook
- BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) - BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig - BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked) - Blackberry Passport (Unlocked)
- 11-25-12, 06:48 PM #10
Re: upcoming N-Series QWERTY Keypad
Matches the straight frets of the full touchscreen.
Thought I was settled on the full touchscreen but curious over the physical keyboard one again. Can I be greedy and have both?DJ
BBM Channels C00024E24
- 11-25-12, 06:57 PM #11
Any BlackBerry keyboard is going to be great as long. As it has the action of the 8000 and 9000 series. However, it seems to me that the smile served a purpose...prevent your thumbs from being in a jam at the right and leftmost keys. Not much of a relief, but just one of those thoughtful design desicions that make BlackBerry phones so great.
- 11-25-12, 07:36 PM #12
I do hope they are collecting data from the l-series' adjusting keyboard in order to shape the next n-series' keyboard.Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > WebOS > iOS > Android > Symbian > Meego
- 11-25-12, 07:56 PM #15I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
11-25-12, 09:59 PM #20
- 12,439 Posts
- Optional, but not needed.
- 11-25-12, 10:23 PM #22
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-25-12, 11:41 PM #24
- 395 Posts
This definitely looks like proof positive that the N-Series actually exists. Looks like the renders we've seen in that video or two might not be that far off, after all...You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!
Storm 9530 -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9860
- By beastberry_10 in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 9Last Post: 07-09-14, 01:01 PM
- By HaTaX in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 95Last Post: 01-30-13, 02:25 AM
- By davistld01 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 8Last Post: 02-04-10, 07:02 PM
- By marko_cal in forum News & RumorsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-19-09, 03:33 PM
- By nplmdude in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 3Last Post: 02-05-08, 02:18 PM