Hi,

I've tried on 2 separate occasions (both with different suppliers) to unlatch (unlock my phone to any network) and was told on both occasions that "my IMEI number was not found on the database". I've checked and the IMEI number that I gave is both consistent on the device and when I press *#06#.

The device in question is a Q10 (locked to O2UK and was a replacement / refurbished device).

What does this mean of the device?

Suggestions / views please.

Posted via CB10 on my all black Q10SQN100-3/10.2.2.1531
    08-21-14 03:51 AM
    Oddly enough, I had the same response last week when unlocking a Z30. Cellunlocker emailed me saying my IMEI could not be located in the standard databases. I was offered a refund, or, they would pursue further if I gave them more time to look at alternate sources. I was in no hurry, so told them to go for it. A little over a day later, BINGO. You might want to give them a try. Unlock Blackberry Z10, Q5 & Q10 - How to Unlock Blackberry Q5, Q10 & Z10 by Unlock Code - Blackberry Z10, Q5, Q10 Unlock
    moyah8 likes this.
    08-21-14 07:50 AM
    Hi,

I've tried on 2 separate occasions (both with different suppliers) to unlatch (unlock my phone to any network) and was told on both occasions that "my IMEI number was not found on the database". I've checked and the IMEI number that I gave is both consistent on the device and when I press *#06#.

The device in question is a Q10 (locked to O2UK and was a replacement / refurbished device).

What does this mean of the device?

Suggestions / views please.

I had a similar experience with a new z10 back in Feb. of this year. The z10 was locked to Rogers (in Canada) and I tried 5 different online unlock companies (including Cellunlocker) and 2 local companies in my city. All failed to unlock the device. From what I understand these phones MUST be unlocked by a special code directly from Blackberry. To make a long story short, Rogers had to contact Blackberry on my behalf, obtain this code, then use it to unlock. This cost me $50 CAD. I was in no hurry to have this done but it took Rogers about 4 days to do this for me after I had spent 3 weeks with online companies etc. I could get NO real answer for the problem or the reason why this device was so difficult to unlock and I am still curious about this. I would love to hear a technical reason for this.
    moyah8 likes this.
    08-21-14 07:59 AM
    Oddly enough, I had the same response last week when unlocking a Z30. Cellunlocker emailed me saying my IMEI could not be located in the standard databases. I was offered a refund, or, they would pursue further if I gave them more time to look at alternate sources. I was in no hurry, so told them to go for it. A little over a day later, BINGO. You might want to give them a try. Unlock Blackberry Z10, Q5 & Q10 - How to Unlock Blackberry Q5, Q10 & Z10 by Unlock Code - Blackberry Z10, Q5, Q10 Unlock
    Many thanks. I'm going to use them.

08-21-14 11:05 AM
    I had a similar experience with a new z10 back in Feb. of this year. The z10 was locked to Rogers (in Canada) and I tried 5 different online unlock companies (including Cellunlocker) and 2 local companies in my city. All failed to unlock the device. From what I understand these phones MUST be unlocked by a special code directly from Blackberry. To make a long story short, Rogers had to contact Blackberry on my behalf, obtain this code, then use it to unlock. This cost me $50 CAD. I was in no hurry to have this done but it took Rogers about 4 days to do this for me after I had spent 3 weeks with online companies etc. I could get NO real answer for the problem or the reason why this device was so difficult to unlock and I am still curious about this. I would love to hear a technical reason for this.
    Indeed.. I too would be curios to know the reasons.

I'll try the methods as given. Many thanks.

08-21-14 11:06 AM
    Many thanks. I'm going to use them.

Be sure to pop back here and let us know if it works out.
    moyah8 likes this.
    08-21-14 11:29 AM
    Be sure to pop back here and let us know if it works out.
    Will do.

08-21-14 11:46 AM
    Request sent off and I am awaiting the code (fingers crossed).
    09-01-14 01:33 PM
    Request sent off and I am awaiting the code (fingers crossed).
    Just a heads up in case you didn't read all the info about unlocking BB 10 devices... You'll need a sim from any carrier other than your own to complete the unlock. It doesn't have to be active, though.
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-01-14 01:38 PM
    Just a heads up in case you didn't read all the info about unlocking BB 10 devices... You'll need a sim from any carrier other than your own to complete the unlock. It doesn't have to be active, though.
    This has not been necessary for any of my bb10 phones that I unlocked

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 01:41 PM
    Thank you.

Additionally, I will video the process (should it not work as I have been burnt in the past which resulted in a bricked device).
    09-01-14 01:43 PM
    Ok. I have heard from one of the two companies that approached for the unlock code (Code-Unlock-Now.Com) who has confirmed my worst fear. They can not unlock my device for reasons stated as below:

"Unfortunately we have been unable to calculate your unique unlock code at this time. This could have been down to a number of factors from the age of the handset to the code simply not being in our unlock code database or partners database."

I am yet to hear from the company ( CellUnlocker.Net) that you recommended Elessar.cm. I do hope they come up good, that will be chumps up for me an this device. I may just sell it and then buy a unlocked version! We will see... I will keep you guys posted.
    09-02-14 01:59 PM
    The latest from Cellunlocker.net:

"We apologize for any delays with your order, we are just trying an alternative database. Please do not worry as if we cannot generate a code for you, you will be refunded 100%."

Not looking too good for my device. :-(
    09-05-14 08:32 AM
    I had the same message for one of the Z30's I was unlocking. The code came the next day.
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-05-14 08:49 AM
    Sadly they were not able to unlock my device. :-(

"Sorry, results were not found for your order's particular IMEI.

Your order has been refunded "

Guess I'm stuck with this device not being able to unlock. :-(

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 05:11 PM
    Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I have to say that's the first device I've heard of in a long time that couldn't be unlocked.
    09-10-14 07:02 PM
    I hate to say I told you so........but...........!!!!!
    09-10-14 07:46 PM
    Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I have to say that's the first device I've heard of in a long time that couldn't be unlocked.

Did you read my post above?
    09-10-14 07:47 PM
    Moyah8, go to the carrier of your choice and explain in detail what you need them to do---you may have to talk to a level 2 or level 3 tech to get them to contact Blackberry directly. If you are lucky and nice to them they will eventually get your device unlocked unless your carrier is T-Mobile (lol) a carrier that will NEVER talk to Blackberry. Man that was an evil thing to say!
    09-10-14 07:55 PM
    Moyah8, go to the carrier of your choice and explain in detail what you need them to do---you may have to talk to a level 2 or level 3 tech to get them to contact Blackberry directly. If you are lucky and nice to them they will eventually get your device unlocked unless your carrier is T-Mobile (lol) a carrier that will NEVER talk to Blackberry. Man that was an evil thing to say!
    I've tried that before and they simply tell me that as the phone is not directly purchased from them, I'd have to wait a year for them to go that step. :-(

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 10:38 AM
    [QUOTE=moyah8;10831271]I've tried that before and they simply tell me that as the phone is not directly purchased from them, I'd have to wait a year for them to go that step. :-(

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE
    Wow - - wait a year ---.I guess I was just lucky maybe as I had bought my z10 from EBay and not the carrier. They were nice to me and kinda looked at my problem as a challenge in a way. I'm sorry to hear you are having such a bad experience -- hope somehow you can get it sorted out.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-12-14 04:46 PM
    [QUOTE=brookie229;10832487]
    I've tried that before and they simply tell me that as the phone is not directly purchased from them, I'd have to wait a year for them to go that step. :-(

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE
    Wow - - wait a year ---.I guess I was just lucky maybe as I had bought my z10 from EBay and not the carrier. They were nice to me and kinda looked at my problem as a challenge in a way. I'm sorry to hear you are having such a bad experience -- hope somehow you can get it sorted out.

Posted via CB10
    I hope so too.

Thanks for all the help all.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:39 AM