I tried to label this post as accurate, descriptive, and fitting as possible.
    Any ways, today I visited my local Bell store in the Vancouver area, and I began to fiddle with the Z10 while waiting for reps to free up, for the fun of it. A rep approached me and asked if he could help, so I asked him if they will have the q10 soon, knowing it's suppose to be in on may 1st. He tells me no, and right away says "I recommend that z10 though". I found this slightly amusing since the q10 isn't out yet in our part, how can you recommend a product over one that hasn't come out yet. Yea, maybe he was attempting to sell me the z10 which was already out.
    Another funny part, he asked me what device I'm switching from, I said the Note II, he had a look of shock on his face, and said "you're switching from a note to a BLACKBERRY?". In his mind, yea the note is better. Well anyways, just something I wanted to share!
    Shoryuken likes this.
    04-29-13 07:28 PM
    I've had similar experiences in the US. Once last year in an AT&T store I asked if they knew when the BB10's were going to come out. The rep said that as far as he knew, there was a good chance that Blackberry was going out of business and doubted that AT&T would carry them even if they didn't. His mananger was there and kind of laughed. I simply said that my entire business runs on BB and that it was a shame that they weren't going to carry it as we were going to buy 10 to begin with and then expand later in 2013--he too was in shock and said well make sure and keep checking back in, in case we get them. I was actually a little pissed off about it and sent an email to customer support at AT&T telling them that the lack of experience of their sales force was scary and that after nearly 20 years with them, I was thinking of moving my business to another carrier. They got back to me assuring me that the sales person was "Misinformed" and that they would certainly continue to carry BB. On the flip side, the Note is a really nice smartphone and very highly rated. For me its about security and a physical keyboard! Q10 all the way! Actually if we were not so bias, in all reality, all the touchscreen top-end smartphones (accept for maybe iPhone-though it does have Siri) are all about the same tech wise and all very similar--including the Z10! We are all just BB crazy and that isn't a bad thing!
    jyuan, DJRikko and a1s2d3f4g5 like this.
    04-29-13 07:51 PM
    how was the advice unimpressive? he recommended you the latest available blackberry when he saw you fiddling with one and when you expressed interest in the Q10 instead of pushing you over to another platform even if he was shocked that you wanted to switch from a note 2. reps want commission from a sale they can get today not in the future when its possible you may not even return to that particular store to buy it, hence why he may have denied the Q10 becoming avaliable in the future to discourage you from waiting, that or his particular store may not carry it even if Bells others stores will
    laketrout73 and DJRikko like this.
    04-29-13 07:54 PM
    I remember when I went to buy my Bold 9900, the Rogers drones kept asking me "Are you SURE you want a BlackBerry?" So I told them that I had a PlayBook, talked about Bridge, all that, then they just went "Oh... You have a PlayBook."

Good thing I got my Z10 from a different store. And if I wanted a Q10, it'd probably have less of the "stigma" than that 9900 a long time ago.
    04-29-13 07:56 PM
    What I dont understand is the fact that I used to sell for Bell in 2008 when I was one of the first to get the blackberry "world" phone.. boy was I a showstopper back then. I would have to hide it in my purse on my subway in fear people would jump me for it. Nowadays its like a high school playground of all the different platforms pinned against each other.
    When I sold phones there was no iPhone (at the start) and if someone wanted a phone that wasn't released yet, a good salesperson will always plan out a really great "exclusive" plan with deals for them and attach their business card and have them call you directly on the day of the release so you can hold one for them... I call that customer retention. When the curve launched I had TONS of people waiting for it and they came back.. (most I assume anyway)
    I don't see a point in selling a phone to someone when they will just bring it back anyway... you still lose the commission....

I've had a blackberry since 2008 and one time for 4 months I got the new "iPhone 3G" and couldn't stand it... I bought a curve outright after the 4 months... 2 weeks ago I gave up and bought a Samsung s3 and took it back 21 hours later.

I don't feel shame in loving a phone that works for me... I have ALL apple products for my home (literally) but still love my blackberry.

I don't understand the shame????
    Shoryuken, evilxkilla and DJRikko like this.
    04-29-13 08:17 PM
    how was the advice unimpressive? he recommended you the latest available blackberry when he saw you fiddling with one and when you expressed interest in the Q10 instead of pushing you over to another platform even if he was shocked that you wanted to switch from a note 2. reps want commission from a sale they can get today not in the future when its possible you may not even return to that particular store to buy it, hence why he may have denied the Q10 becoming avaliable in the future to discourage you from waiting, that or his particular store may not carry it even if Bells others stores will
    Tried to name the post as accurately as I could.
    It's unimpressive because he assumed that the q10 would be worse than the z10. I understand reps want commission, that's why I said that I knew he was trying to sell the available device.
    04-29-13 08:17 PM
    I had the same experience with Bell today. You could tell that the salesperson dislikes all things Blackberry. Told me that it would be three or four more weeks at least until they got the Q. Did not recommend the Q because the Z had issues when it was introduced.

Not surprised. Most salespersons have had very little experience with the Blackberry and you are biased against what you do not know. BB has to fight to create demand before the consumer gets to the store because the reps are so anti-Blackberry.
    04-29-13 11:25 PM
    I remember when I went to buy my Bold 9900, the Rogers drones kept asking me "Are you SURE you want a BlackBerry?" So I told them that I had a PlayBook, talked about Bridge, all that, then they just went "Oh... You have a PlayBook."

Good thing I got my Z10 from a different store. And if I wanted a Q10, it'd probably have less of the "stigma" than that 9900 a long time ago.

HAHAH same thing with me the Rogers people were so shocked I was ordering a Windows phone when Iphone 5 just came out. They kept saying so you want the iphone right? i'm like no!!! Lumia!!! Took about 3 times of them saying are you sure?
    04-29-13 11:41 PM
    Sales people can be pushy since yeah they are trying to make their goals, targets, commission! But they should be versatile in what a consumer really wants instead of trying to push a certain phone that gives them the most commission. Sadly that is the life of sales when you are pressed to sell and make targets helping the consumer sometimes gets thrown out the window!
    04-30-13 02:25 AM
    The sales rep sounds like he was just doing his job when recommending the Z10. He was trying to lock in a sale of a device he had in stock. I would consider him a terrible salesman if he went on about how great the Q10 is when they are not even selling them.

Posted from my Sega Genesis
    Thunderbuck and Berry_Pink like this.
    05-01-13 12:09 PM
    how was the advice unimpressive? reps want commission from a sale they can get today not in the future when its possible you may not even return to that particular store to buy it, hence why he may have denied the Q10 becoming avaliable in the future to discourage you from waiting, that or his particular store may not carry it even if Bells others stores will
    You're arguing from the businessman's persective, he's arguing from a customer perspective. The problem is, in the cell phone retail world, there's little incentive to develop customer relations, as you pointed out.

It's obvious that salespeople constantly give out edited information. Not surprising, though. We all know that 'business is the art of deception'.
    05-01-13 03:17 PM
    I was in my local Future Shop yesterday to return a phone case that broke and two of the three sales staff had Z10'S as their personal phones. They both told me that they really liked the phone. No negative BlackBerry comments.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:28 PM
    Tried to name the post as accurately as I could.
    It's unimpressive because he assumed that the q10 would be worse than the z10. I understand reps want commission, that's why I said that I knew he was trying to sell the available device.
    it would be a huge risk to assume that its better than the Z10 though; it hadnt even been released anywhere then and it might or mightnt have been buggier right out of the gate than the Z10 thats had a chance for some updates to smooth out a few problems and people have real first hand experience of.
    If he admitted that the Q10 was superior then that would hardly have been a convincing sales pitch
    05-02-13 06:31 AM