Its not a hard uncomfortable brick to hold like the iphone, its more comfortable and light feeling
    Its nice and slim
    3 battery pulls to get cel signal & Active sync Exchange 2010 to play ball
    Perhaps the zillion "forever' setting for email dating back to 2007 wasn't such a good idea afterall ..
    3 instals of the same email - this last one after battery pull and 30 days on device seems OK
    I didn't get to see emails change status seconds after a change on my laptop or phone, you could grow a beard waiting for them to update (but my exchange 2010 email providers are crappy - So I look forwards to trying the pushed (paid) google app Active Exchange Service)
    Phone dial pad froze at an inconvenient time (entering credit card info) had to re dial
    Some general slowness & unresponsive screen press actions - hello? I am pressing! Hello?
    VERY different from iPhone - still learning it - basically totally confused. Will watch some of the "how to videos" soon
    On iPhone 4S in bright sunlight I could turn up brightness and use the phone wearing sunglasses - not a chance with Q10 dark theme.. No work done walking through park to pick up kids from today. Unusable ! "Boo-mer" as the French would say...
    Alt button (for numbers) keeps getting stuck in the "on" mode so email addresses come out like dave@&&)e8w0">< (I will deal and get used to it)
    Type and go doesn't "go" from everywhere - shame - and thats confusing- I found myself futzing around just trying to SMS or make a call - (again, I will deal and get used to it)
    Built in Twitter app froze - So I paid for Blaq
    BBC TV apps (just bookmarks) didn't stream well first go - locked up - but works
    YouTube locked up a few times - but works
    Note: Some of the above bugginess might have been down to a huge email download, only time will tell.
    Flag - send to remember (Evernote) - good - but then I have a flag to deal with in my MacMail on my laptop - why not have it 'send to remember" I hope processing it as "done" in Remember ditches those flags...

Skype = go!
    Wassap = go! (but minus past chats and one contact I needed)
    Podcast app = go!
    Internet radio = go!
    TeamBox app (productivity) = go!
    Freshbooks app = go!
    Exchange rate app = go!
    just missing er..

Barclays Mobile Banking app
    MailChimp app

Had a look at side loading.. bah.. there are so many threads (some with dead links in the first post...) its tricky to know which way to jump.

Over all a tad sluggish - the phone AND myself

We will both try to do better as the week goes on..
    Dan Lloyd likes this.
    05-01-13 12:04 PM
    Hi! Nice to see you back on the dark side
    Didn't find the Barclays Mobile Banking app, but did find the MailChimp app for sideloading. Here is the link to the download. Not 100% sure it does work, but worth a try.
    It seems BMB is considering an app. (thread)
    05-01-13 12:18 PM
    Very kind of you many thanks! Yes good to be back on BB!
    eldricho likes this.
    05-01-13 12:20 PM
    Christ, sounds like you're having a rough time.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    05-01-13 12:33 PM
    What do you think about the Facebook and linkedin apps ?
    05-01-13 12:35 PM
    Phone dial pad?

Why would Q10 need a phone dial pad if it has physical keys? Are you implying that you can not just dial a phone number from the keyboard like on previous blackberries or use the physical keys when entering numbers during a phone call?

I notice that almost all the reviews on the q10 never focus on making a phone call on the device and if a review mention a phone call it is a quick mention of it.
    Last edited by ChainPunch; 05-01-13 at 03:12 PM.
    05-01-13 02:24 PM
    Phone dial pad?

Why would Q10 need a phone dial pad if it has physical keys? Are you implying that you can not just dial a phone number from the keyboard like on previous blackberries or use the physical keys when entering numbers during a phone call?

I notice that almost all the reviews on the q10 never focus on making a phone call on the device and if a review mention a phone call it a quick mention of it.
    You don't need to use the dial pad, it works exactly like an old BlackBerry. Here's a screenshot.

UK:  iPhone 4S to Q10 thoughts so far-img_00000234.png

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 via CB10
    05-01-13 02:51 PM
    he was entering a cc# not making a call
    05-01-13 03:10 PM
    Phone dial pad?

I notice that almost all the reviews on the q10 never focus on making a phone call on the device and if a review mention a phone call it a quick mention of it.
    While in a call (Bluetooth or speaker) and having to input credit card numbers (say a parking fine...) you DO need a number keypad - it was a bit cranky to open and at one point it just blanked out and I had to redial and do it all again)

You don't need to use the dial pad, it works exactly like an old BlackBerry.

I don't want to be copying (say off a magazine) numbers by using the small number keys. If there is a full screen dial pad -thats the one for me. (for now at least - until get my BB groove on)
    05-01-13 03:16 PM
    Thanks for the answers.
    05-01-13 03:18 PM
    Good news!

Exchange email folders now all in sync with my Mac.

Earlier today I had two windows open on my mac:

My Exchange Web Mail interface showing a folder I like to use a lot
    My Macbook Air Mail showing the (same) folder I like to use a lot
    And
    My Q10 was showing the folder too.

And the contents were all different & incomplete with missing emails... (wildly off by hours)

Here was the journey to get it working (several calls to exchange email provider)
    Email set up 1 - forever setting - emails back to 2007! = problems! (and no wonder perhaps - might take a week to fully sync!?)
    Email set up 1 - TWEAK - set the sync length to 30 days = still problems
    Email set up 2 - delete set up 1 and re set up = now working.

More positivity - there is something very cool about filing an email into an folder but still seeing it in the BB Hub
    05-01-13 03:29 PM
    Podcasts app didn't remember where I left off (thats a pain) was boring to scroll forwards
    05-01-13 03:36 PM
    random thought..

minus a big screen (and skills to use this new phone..) ..I am less drawn to web browsing (its still tricky for me to figure out)

But in a way thats good for my productivity I feel..

BBC news (i-Player) worked fine this evening does the job to learn what was going on - but (obvious probably) the vibe is less about media consumption and more about work.

And thats what I bought it for..
    05-01-13 03:45 PM
    Sideloading 101:
    1. Download this: Load Android Apps on Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps (I only get my bar files from here 95% of the time they work, best site for bars period)
    2. Search developer tools on phone -> switch to on (you'll get a notification that it is on)
    3. go to program and press scan while your bb is plugged in (it'll prompt you to set a password, just do it)
    4. Then press add or CTRL+A and find your .bar file
    5. check mark the apps you want on your phone
    6. Install and before press "OK" when it says "Done", look at the download log to check if it went on your phone

Hands down the best sideloading app thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-daily-781088/ I like how Koz updates apps/converts new apps daily and he makes a new post each day so you just have to look back every day. If you look at the forum and the doable requests for new sideload programs, he'll do them right away.
    Below I'll put his site, there are like 20 pages of apps. (next page is kind of hidden if you aren't looking for it. It's right below the apps on the right side.) Make sure the files you download are .bar files and NOT .apk
    Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps
    Cheers
    05-01-13 04:03 PM
    Dynamite! Big thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 06:21 PM
    Hey, even if you're entering a cc number while on a call, you can keep using your keyboard. I've always used the same numbers I used to dial the numbers to enter prompts or enter numbers while on a call. You really never need that virtual keypad...
    Snazy likes this.
    05-01-13 06:29 PM
    Also, if your phone keeps acting unstable, laggy, or whatever, I suggest bringing it back. So far I've read many many reviews and user comments and almost none of them mention anything about that. Yours might be a lemon or something. But I have heard that sometimes with newer phones you have to go through several battery pulls before it starts acting normal... Not sure why...
    05-01-13 06:30 PM
    And it's going back!
    UK:  iPhone 4S to Q10 thoughts so far-imageuploadedbycb-forums1367572264.593727.jpg
    Security wiped
    05-03-13 04:11 AM
    And it's going back!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1367572264.593727.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	157389
    Security wiped
    your going back to your iphone ?

the q10 was that bad ?
    05-03-13 04:34 AM
    I don't get it, I think it's a brilliant phone.

05-03-13 09:14 AM
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...ry+Smartphones

I think you would have been better off reading the manual first but hey its your call. Enjoy the iphone its probably better suited for you.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-03-13 09:29 AM
    Or just exchanging it as slagman pointed out?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 09:39 AM