I'm looking at buying a q10 outright, and I can only find ones on Bell, Telus, or Virgin. If I unlock any of those will they work on rogers? and whats the best way to unlock them? Also lets say i use and unlock a bell phone, if i have to get it replaced would I have to unlock the next phone again? Thanks!
    05-28-13 05:16 PM
    The Bell and Telus units may work, depending on your location. Rogers went with a different Q10, but the Bell and Telus Q10s similar to each other, and similar to the Rogers Z10.

For more information, you may like to see this great thread.

You will have to get each phone unlocked, yes. Unless Bell or Telus are unlocking for you and have a policy of unlocking replacement phones.
    05-28-13 05:20 PM
    Rogers sells the SQN100-3 and SQN100-1 the -3 is unique in Canada only to Rogers for their LTE Max 2600MHz band. The -1 model is the same as what the other carriers will carry

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:28 PM
    Rogers sells the SQN100-3 and SQN100-1 the -3 is unique only to Rogers for their LTE Max 2600MHz band. The -1 model is the same as what the other carriers will carry
    I've been wondering...what's their justification for it? Did they just choose to c*ckblock people looking to buy at full price and bolt to Telus and/or Bell?
    05-28-13 05:34 PM
    Rogers sells the SQN100-3 and SQN100-1 the -3 is unique in Canada only to Rogers for their LTE Max 2600MHz band. The -1 model is the same as what the other carriers will carry

Posted via CB10
    So if I buy the bell version would it be a -1 model, and it will still work with rogers? Thanks
    05-28-13 05:42 PM
    I've been wondering...what's their justification for it? Did they just choose to c*ckblock people looking to buy at full price and bolt to Telus and/or Bell?
    Not at all just that telus/bell don't own any rights to the 2600MHz Spectrum in Canada and with the close relationship between BlackBerry and Rogers they can get a good deal on offering both models. Personally I'd try to find the -3 cause after this year's spectrum auction (in November) there will be more LTE coverage in the form of the 2600MHz band and 700MHz band

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    05-28-13 05:43 PM
    So if I buy the bell version would it be a -1 model, and it will still work with rogers? Thanks
    Yes.
    05-28-13 05:48 PM
    Yes however you won't receive LTE in areas where it is only the 2600MHz band

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:48 PM
    Not at all just that telus/bell don't own any rights to the 2600MHz Spectrum in Canada and with the close relationship between BlackBerry and Rogers they can get a good deal on offering both models. Personally I'd try to find the -3 cause after this year's spectrum auction (in November) there will be more LTE coverage in the form of the 2600MHz band and 700MHz band
    I didn't fully understand it at first. I figured they must have a significant LTE 2600 network (that Bell and Telus don't,) which is why I thought (still do lol) that theymade the -3 their primary device (over the "international traveler" -1 that you specifically have to ask for) to deter people from buying, say, a white Q10, taking it to Bellus' LTE network.

A couple of questions:

1. How easy is it to get the -1 from Rogers? Do they require any proof that you'll be traveling?
    2. Is the Rogers -1 available in white also, or is it just the -3?
    05-28-13 05:54 PM
    Sorry for all the questions! but are there many areas with only the 2600mhz band? And if i am in those areas would I still receive 3g service? Thanks so much
    05-28-13 05:55 PM
    I didn't fully understand it at first. I figured they must have a significant LTE 2600 network (that Bell and Telus don't,) which is why I thought (still do lol) that theymade the -3 their primary device (over the "international traveler" -1 that you specifically have to ask for) to deter people from buying, say, a white Q10, taking it to Bellus' LTE network.

A couple of questions:

1. How easy is it to get the -1 from Rogers? Do they require any proof that you'll be traveling?
    2. Is the Rogers -1 available in white also, or is it just the -3?
    1. Just ask them for it no proof needed

2. That I don't know, it may just be the -3

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 06:02 PM
    Sorry for all the questions! but are there many areas with only the 2600mhz band? And if i am in those areas would I still receive 3g service? Thanks so much
    Yes. Both versions (SQN100-1 and -3) have the appropriate network bands for Rogers' 3G and HSPA+ networks.
    05-28-13 06:14 PM
    Try Fido, it will work for sure and they have stock.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 06:27 PM