Am hoping that someone can help get me headed in the right direction. I have had my Q10 for less than a week now and still have some serious learning to do. Seems like I spend all my spare time on Crackberry figuring things out. I am not an avid Twitter user, but what I use it for is very specific and important to me. I follow about a dozen companies/individuals whose tweets I rely on (wow, I sound way too serious about this!) and am used to being notified of them immediately even though they are not a direct tweet to me. I am not finding a way on the Q10 to make this happen and research here seems to indicate that this feature is not available (I had it on my Bold 9930). I have been reading about Blaq, but am unclear if this will offer this option either. Would anybody care to guide me?
    08-01-13 05:04 PM
    Correct, the feature isn't available for the native twitter app. Just open it up / leave it open and check for new tweets. Not sure about Blaq, I haven't used it.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    08-02-13 12:11 AM
    Yeah, I was disappointed with the lack of Twitter notifications when I upgraded from my 9900 to my Z10 and now my Q10. I even paid for the Blaq app (which is decent), but still no notifications at set intervals.
    08-02-13 02:25 AM
    No twitter app out there notifies of new tweets to read. Even with blaq, you still need BeBuzz to alert your of new tweets.

I'm currently in the process of recreating the social feeds app from legacy devices, so hopefully this will solve issues like this for users like you.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 07:45 AM
    Thanks everyone! Am looking forward to the future apps and updates that are being created to offer tweet notifications.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 04:09 PM
    Good thread - having the same problem... (I am also taking twitter far too seriously "but it's for work!")
    jdavison likes this.
    08-06-13 02:38 PM
    You could always have them sent to you phone via text.

Love my Q10
    jdavison likes this.
    08-06-13 04:41 PM
    I decided to purchase Blaq and see if it provided any help. Seems like a sweet App, but I really am not utilizing 90% of it. It does get me one step closer to what I am used to. If you leave Blaq as an active frame, it does show an icon when there are new tweets, but I do not see any way to assign an audible alert to notify me. So, it is better than the native Twitter which requires me to open it just to see if there is anything new.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 06:19 PM
    You could always have them sent to you phone via text.

Love my Q10
    Please excuse my ignorance, how do I do that?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 06:21 PM
    08-07-13 02:39 AM
    I'm very frustrated with Twitter on Q10.

I'm coming from a 9800 where I always had a little red star whenever I had a mention or such, and the home screen had a notification on top if I got a new DM.

Now there's nothing at all. And DM's or mentions don't even self load,you have to refresh the page.

Any ideas?
    10-10-13 01:11 AM
    Do you have Twitter notifications set to "on in your hub? I turned mine off because my Twitter feed is crazy. Not sure if it works for mentions but it definitely works for DMs
    10-10-13 06:33 AM
    Do you have Twitter notifications set to "on in your hub? I turned mine off because my Twitter feed is crazy. Not sure if it works for mentions but it definitely works for DMs
    Yes, it works in the HUb, but the hub only.
    10-10-13 07:20 AM
    I thought you wanted notifications but I obviously missed something.
    10-10-13 08:11 AM
    I think neatly can do that. Or im wrong?

Posted via Non-iOS Non-Android Non-WP device
    10-10-13 08:43 AM
    I thought you wanted notifications but I obviously missed something.
    I want it in Twitter itself. As it is, you need to refresh the Mentions or DM to see any new ones...
    10-10-13 06:46 PM