Got my Q10 the day it became available on Verizon. Like most not happy with a few things, but trying to make it work. On my previous Blackberry I had it set up so that when I deleted an email from the phone it wouldn't do anything on the actual server. It was a great way for me to keep track of emails, which ones needed answering. I would just delete them after responding and used the Inbox on the Blackberry as sort of a To-Do list with only emails that needed attention there.

I tried editing server settings in the phone, tried disable/enable of both pop and imap in the gmail's settings, but no luck. As soon as I delete an email from the phone it automatically deletes/archives it on the computer as well. Does anybody else try to set it up the same way? In the previous Blackberry it would ask me if I wanted to delete the email on the device and server or just device. It was easy to just click on device, but now there's no such option anymore.

Can anyone help?
    06-18-13 03:53 PM
    Can't find a solution for this. Now my inbox in the Q10 has hundreds of emails and I gotta scroll for ever and try to guess which ones have been responded to... this sucks.
    06-21-13 08:54 AM
    I used that option to delete only on my BB not just for Gmail, but for Outlook too. Great way to manage a short list of items, just as you said. And kept certain items with pertinent travel info always there. Really bummed there is no option for this....

I do notice there are more options now, at least in Outlook, for viewing the contents of a particular folder. So I may look to some method of shortlisting that way, -but much more of a pain.
    07-06-13 08:53 AM
    gmail works great on the Q10, as do gmail contacts. Log into your gmail account on your computer and set up an application/device specific password for your BBQ10. gmail will then generate a long funky code to use instead of your regular password when you set up your gmail account on your device.

I have my work email forwarded to my BBQ10 and my outgoing email from my Q10 is set to forward to my work email (I set up a rule to put emails from me automatically in my sent items in Outlook, thus no problems).

I delete as I go on my Blackberry, with all emails in and out saved forever in my Outlook @ work. I can also log into my work computer if/when needed to research ancient emails

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 07:13 PM
    In the email settings in gmail, you have the options to get "all emails from now on," as opposed to "all emails." I delete as I go on my Q10. -- and I copy myself on replies and new emails that I send from my Q10. I put a rule in Outlook to put any emails from me directly into my SENT items.

this keeps the Q10 free and clean, while everything in and out is saved forever in Outlook on my desktop

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:28 PM